[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-06-10, 21:23)damonbrodie Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 21:18)marsilainen Wrote: I was wondering, would it be possible to use the windows 8.1 netflix app as a player?

presumably you would just launch that app (use the program launcher instead of netflixbmc) and use it for navigating shows/movies and watching the content. It won't be as clean for switching between the app and xbmc though. The netflix app does have some advantages - you'll get Super HD quality (web browsers are currently limited to 720P - though that is likely changing soon as silverlight is phased out).

On the downside, the windows 8.1 app has zero support for remotes/keyboards, so unless you're using xbmc with something that can control the mouse pointer you're out of luck.

If there is a way to pass the video id/link to the app and it loads it the i think it should be doable. The app itself can be launched via link or shortcut and i have made a autohotkey script for that purpose. It does have some very basic support for keyboard and i have setup it so that i can use it with my xbox controller. Netflix on ie works without silverlight and the quality is very good but unfortunately, the new html5 player has no keyboard controls at all.

Messages In This Thread
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Inofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by marsilainen - 2014-06-10, 21:32
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.