• 48(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-06-30, 03:23)pr0xZen Wrote: Does this support SuperHD(+) / 5.1 audio streams? (Win8.1 if it matters)

Since it plays by launching Chrome in Kiosk mode I would think it does not support more than 720p and stereo; since Chrome (Silverlight) does not support it.
I apologize if this has already been addressed but I can't get it to play. I downloaded chrome and installed pipelight but when trying to play, netflix tells me I need to install silverlight. Also at that time the system locks up and I cannot backout.
(2014-07-02, 03:49)xmjsilverx Wrote: I apologize if this has already been addressed but I can't get it to play. I downloaded chrome and installed pipelight but when trying to play, netflix tells me I need to install silverlight. Also at that time the system locks up and I cannot backout.

Have you installed Chrome UA Spoofer? and set it to Windows Firefox 15?
No, I am not sure what that is.
Latest versions of chrome do not support Pipelight. Try Firefox instead.
(2014-07-02, 13:30)xmjsilverx Wrote: No, I am not sure what that is.

UA Spoofer tells the website that your browser is a compatible browser.
Installed this plugin on my PC running Gotham and tried clicking on either one of the default links (vimeo, youtube), and get "Chrome not found". When I tried to add a custom path to Chrome, it does not allow me to navigate to where chrome is located. Any ideas?
You could try editing the path manually in Chrome Launcher's default.py

Assuming Windows, go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher

Open default.py in a text editor (ideally a decent one like Notepad++)

Scroll down to line 120 and you'll see the various paths to Chrome for each OS.
I am running LM Remote Keymap. I've tried everything, but I can't get Netflix to respond to key presses. A few things work, like arrow keys, but it won't recognize my 'back' button no matter what I do (which leaves me trapped in a movie with no way of exiting).

Anything I could try. I'd love to get this working...
When running the program, I get an "Error: script failed" when trying to see my viewing activity. I am able to access content and play videos through other menus like 'Latest', but the addon does not reflect anything I have already seen. I have tried reinstalling, resetting, and redownloading XBMC, Netflixbmc and the chrome launcher, all to no avail. I have also tried using both IE and Chrome, but both have the same error. The relevant code from my log is below:

Code:
19:16:28 T:2364   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 878, in <module>
                                                listViewingActivity(type)
                                              File "C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 302, in listViewingActivity
                                                authUrl = match[0]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:16:28 T:5636   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listViewingActivity&thumb&type=tv&url
19:16:28 T:5636   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listViewingActivity&thumb&type=tv&url) failed
19:16:28 T:4960  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:16:28 T:4960  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:16:28 T:4360  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
19:16:44 T:4952  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:16:45 T:4952  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:16:54 T:5636  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
19:16:54 T:5636  NOTICE: Saving settings
19:16:54 T:5636  NOTICE: stop all

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? The weird thing is that it was working for me fine when I first installed this yesterday, but not working at all today, even after all the reinstalls and resets...

Thanks
I installed under Gotham on Windows and it isn't working. It is connecting to Netflix because it does present me with choice of profile. Then I get Movies or TV Shows, then under that if I click any links like My List it just says Working for a few minutes (while I can do nothing) then comes back to the same spot.

(2014-07-09, 02:22)dalewking Wrote: I installed under Gotham on Windows and it isn't working. It is connecting to Netflix because it does present me with choice of profile. Then I get Movies or TV Shows, then under that if I click any links like My List it just says Working for a few minutes (while I can do nothing) then comes back to the same spot.

And of course, after multiple attempts with the same result prior to posting that, the first attempt after posting it worked. I'm having issues with the browser window when it does play however. It does lots of flipping of screens and ends up playing in a chrome tab in a minimized chrome window.
(2014-07-09, 02:22)dalewking Wrote: I installed under Gotham on Windows and it isn't working. It is connecting to Netflix because it does present me with choice of profile. Then I get Movies or TV Shows, then under that if I click any links like My List it just says Working for a few minutes (while I can do nothing) then comes back to the same spot.

And of course, after multiple attempts with the same result prior to posting that, the first attempt after posting it worked. I'm having issues with the browser window when it does play however. It does lots of flipping of screens and ends up playing in a chrome tab in a minimized chrome window.

Actually, I do still get that on many of the links. My List always does that. Viewing Activity says Script failed. Latest (under TV Shows) was one that worked
I'm still using the addon under Frodo, and it was working basically perfectly until a few days ago. I now am also getting the problem where Viewing Activity just says script failed. The other categories (including My List) work fine.

Unfortunate because I primarily just use Viewing Activity to quickly continue whatever show/movie I was watching before.
I've got the same problem as submatrix, great add on but Viewing Activity is essential to watch next in the series at the media centre in the living room without picking up the keyboard. It's there a work round or is this something likely to be fixed any time soon?
Thanks again for the excellent addon.
Having an issue with the language setting. Whenever I search, its searching as per my current region rather than the one in the setting. For instance, I look for 30 Rock which isn't available in UK, but is in the US, but it only shows the related shows as it would in the UK. Linked to this, it brings up shows that aren't available in the US (Person of Interest or Avatar: The Last Airbender), but when you try to view the seasons, the script fails.

Worked fine a little while back when it was using the locale file, but since 1.2.8 the new setting has stopped working. Not sure if its something on Netflix side with the API though, as reverting to 1.2.6 and the locale file still doesn't work
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7