• 49(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Hey guys! I was having trouble adding some shows from Netflix to my library. I'm sharing my addons_data folder via a samba share, and whenever I tried to add a show to the library, it gave an error message. The logs showed the following error:
Code:
21:39:17 T:139937886238464   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/library/TV/<show>/Season 1')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 898, in <module>
                                                addSeriesToLibrary(seriesID, name, url)
                                              File "/home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 611, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                os.mkdir(seasonDir)
                                            OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/library/TV/<show>/Season 1')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I changed line 611 in default.py from:
Code:
os.mkdir(seasonDir)
to
Code:
xbmcvfs.mkdir(seasonDir)
and it fixed the problem.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem!
Hello, many thanks for your add-on, it's working very smoothly on my XBMCBuntu boxes!
Had to do some tweaking to get the pipelight-plugin working but now it's perfect.

Small questions however:

1. The function "add to my list" doesn't seem to be working.

2. The list "My viewing activity" is also not working.

3. Is it possible to add a category for "most popular" like on the website ?

4. Is it possible to add category for recommendations like on the website ?
Just installed this plugin.
I can access Netflix via the website and the win8 app but i just get a "Script Failed" error every time i try and select a menu item (so i can login fine).

Using UnoTelly SmartDNS.
I have a problem where my PC goes to sleep after watching a show for a while. It seems that the playing of the video in Chrome on Windows using this add-in doesn't prevent the countdown timer from counting down. Any suggestions?
Ok well i got it to work briefly.
I was able to view the content within XBMC, however when i selected something it opened the browser but got a blank page with something about the page not being a valid Netflix page.

After that i started getting the "script failed" error again.

Anyone else having issues with NetfliXBMC opening chrome in kiosk mode and the page being invalid?

Goddammit i want this to work so badly, but i just cant figure out whats going on!
I too am using Unotelly and can't get Netflixbmc to work. VERY annoying.

Like you, it worked once to show me the list of movies on my list...but just the once. Now, it continually gives a message that cookies have been deleted and that I'm not logged in. I can access Netflix from my browser in Linux with no issues so the environment is set up properly.

I'm running XBMCbuntu. I tried to find the logs but wasn't successful. I gave up...

I'm now thinking of pinging Unotelly for their advice.
(2014-08-02, 01:15)mulva Wrote: I too am using Unotelly and can't get Netflixbmc to work. VERY annoying.

Like you, it worked once to show me the list of movies on my list...but just the once. Now, it continually gives a message that cookies have been deleted and that I'm not logged in. I can access Netflix from my browser in Linux with no issues so the environment is set up properly.

I'm running XBMCbuntu. I tried to find the logs but wasn't successful. I gave up...

I'm now thinking of pinging Unotelly for their advice.

I gave up and just installed the Netflix player on my PS3. Works perfectly so far.
However i DID find that i had to make sure when i accessed netflix using a browser normally that no pop ups appeared (such as the one that asks if you want to link your account to FB and shit).

I just think the addon is broken at the moment, so you are best off just using an AppleTV or PS3/Xbox to get it.
nice addon, I've been using it for last few days.
However, it seems a lot of the listings are broken (only latest and all shows work, with no way to go to next page), this might be because netflix is in the process of deprecating their api.

I forked the addon, and been making my own fixes to it.

So far I only have the recommended categories showing, like what you see from the main webpage.
I still have to get the browse Genres, Searching and the recently watched categories working.
Also eventually I wanna add a custom GUI to make it look more similar the webpage.

So if you wanna check out my fork you can find it at: https://github.com/Kr0nZ/plugin.video.netflixbmc

Keep in mind its still early, and needs more work done to it.
v1.2.9:
- Fixed search
- Fixed "Viewing Activity"

(2014-07-22, 16:40)marcelveldt Wrote: 1. The function "add to my list" doesn't seem to be working.
Working fine for me. Do you still have problems with it?

(2014-07-22, 16:40)marcelveldt Wrote: 3. Is it possible to add a category for "most popular" like on the website ?
4. Is it possible to add category for recommendations like on the website ?
Yes, should be possible. I'll add it asap.

(2014-08-03, 21:12)Kr0nZ Wrote: nice addon, I've been using it for last few days.
However, it seems a lot of the listings are broken (only latest and all shows work, with no way to go to next page), this might be because netflix is in the process of deprecating their api.
With the current version, everything is working fine for me (at a quick test). Next Page is also working - did not changed it in v1.2.9
Would be nice if a few users can give me some feedback on what is working and what is not.

Btw: I wasn't really using the addon last months - but: Netflix is coming to germany in september Big Grin
So I guess this will result in really working on the addon again...
Nice, i just checked it real quick, and a couple problems I still notice are:
TV Section:
Under "All Shows" selecting next page just reloads the same list of shows, and not all shows are listed such as x-files.
Also no tvshows get listed for any of the Genre's.

Movies Section:
In the Movies section, when browsing genres selecting 'next page' pops up a script error.
It would also be nice if you could browse by sub genres

Im using Netflix Canada.
Hi

I have been using 1.2.8 for about a month. Egen I search for a tv show I Can find it and play it.
The other menus did not work for mee (script error). When I have watched a show the other menues worked for mee. After the Update to 1.2.9 nothing work for mee. I get a script error.

I use Windows 8 and Netflix in Denmark.

I will upload a debug log tomorrow.

Thx.
Hello... brand new user here. Here are a few things that are not working for me currently (version 1.2.9):

Next Page (gets a 404 error)

Code:
06:37:46 T:140339844134656   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
                                            Error Contents: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 878, in <module>
                                                listVideos(url, type)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 117, in listVideos
                                                content = opener.open(url).read()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 410, in open
                                                response = meth(req, response)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
                                                'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 448, in error
                                                return self._call_chain(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
                                                raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
                                            HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Search

Code:
06:40:28 T:140339833177856   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('galleryVideos',)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 888, in <module>
                                                search(type)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 526, in search
                                                listSearchVideos("http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/search/instantsearch?esn=www&term="+search_string+"&locale="+addon.getSetting("language")+"&country=US&authURL="+addon.getSetting("auth")+"&_retry=0&routing=redirect", type)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 173, in listSearchVideos
                                                for item in content["galleryVideos"]["items"]:
                                            KeyError: ('galleryVideos',)

There are also occasional failures, like selecting a genre and getting a script error, but trying again and it works. Perhaps a retry setting would be nice?

If I ever get time to familiarize myself with the code base, I may do so, though my python chops are... ahem... limited.

Also, thanks for this plugin. I only switched to xbmc because I wanted a "one box" solution for media, and netflix is essential for that.

John
(2014-08-04, 23:03)JSA:-) Wrote: Hi

I have been using 1.2.8 for about a month. Egen I search for a tv show I Can find it and play it.
The other menus did not work for mee (script error). When I have watched a show the other menues worked for mee. After the Update to 1.2.9 nothing work for mee. I get a script error.

I use Windows 8 and Netflix in Denmark.

I will upload a debug log tomorrow.

Thx.

Debug log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=261415
Temporary (not perfect) solution for the problem of Chrome/Pipelight in Linux, if you have Netflix Desktop installed and you don't want to use an old version of Chrome:

Make a copy of the file ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py, so that if something goes wrong you can go back to the existing solution.
Then in the file ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py, instead of:
Code:
elif osLinux:
        xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher
  elif osWin:
write:

Code:
elif osLinux:
        subprocess.Popen("firefox '"+url+"'", shell=True)
        try:
            xbmc.sleep(5000)
            if linuxFullscreen:
                subprocess.Popen('xdotool key F11', shell=True)
        except:
            pass
    elif osWin:

It works for me. Remember that when the plugin gets updated the default.py file looses all these changes.
Small suggestion. When browsing through the pages, the "next page" selection is just black box in most views. Maybe there could be a image in userdata/addon_data folder that you could change yourself so it would look little nicer. Netflix logo, next page arrow etc. I understand you can't use official logos but that would be no problem for users themselves for personal use. I already have it in my launcher in main menu

Mockup image http://i.imgur.com/9as0Axf.jpg.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7