• 55(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Thanks for the addon! Newbie question as I'm new to both movie streaming and XBMC: yesterday I watched a HD movie. It was all fine but somehow I got the feeling that the stream was not "smooth". Is there a way to improve the performance? (I got 100 MBit DSL in Germany)

Thanks a lot,

Mat
ok, installed it on XBMCbuntu using your instructions and it works great!

1 issue though: can't get the remote to work. I enabled the web remote in the settings and have xdotool installed. Netflix completely ignores my remote Sad

@Matze001 hardware acceleration issue maybe?
Using XBMCbuntu on Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
Suggestions and KIDS do not work Sad

Edit.

Added
if not singleProfile:
setProfile()

to
def wiHome(type):

Now suggestions work, but no luck for kids section.

Would it be possible to get the popular on Netflix and recommendations for the user to netflixbmc?
Quote:1 issue though: can't get the remote to work. I enabled the web remote in the settings and have xdotool installed. Netflix completely ignores my remote

Ok, I managed to fix the problem. On my system the keynames for xdotool are case sensitive

from line 849 and onwards in default.py, I changed to code to this:
Code:
if "chrome" in procAll or "chromium" in procAll:
                if action in [ACTION_SHOW_INFO, ACTION_SHOW_GUI, ACTION_STOP, ACTION_PARENT_DIR, ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU, $
                    subprocess.Popen('xdotool key Escape', shell=True)
                    subprocess.Popen('xdotool key alt+F4', shell=True)
                    self.close()
                elif action==ACTION_SELECT_ITEM:
                    subprocess.Popen('xdotool key Return', shell=True)
                elif action==ACTION_MOVE_LEFT:
                    subprocess.Popen('xdotool key Left', shell=True)
                elif action==ACTION_MOVE_RIGHT:
                    subprocess.Popen('xdotool key Right', shell=True)
                elif action==ACTION_MOVE_UP:
                    subprocess.Popen('xdotool key Up', shell=True)
                elif action==ACTION_MOVE_DOWN:
                    subprocess.Popen('xdotool key Down', shell=True)
            else:
                self.close()

Works like a charm now. Impressive piece of work, your addon feels like a native XBMC addon Smile

*edit* search function is broken unfortunately, will try to hunt down what's causing it.
*edit2* ok, it's not broken, your addon just doesn't handle empty search results. I added this at line 191:
Code:
if "galleryVideos" not in content:
        xbmcgui.Dialog().ok("NetfliXBMC", "No results", "This search returned no results")
        return

Do you accept pull requests on github, or do you rather want to keep this in own hands? I have some python experience, but this is my first time working with XBMC addons.

Quote:Now suggestions work, but no luck for kids section.
I'm using multiple profiles, kids section works fine.
I've installed NetfliXMBC on my Raspberry Pi that is using openELEC. I've also installed Chrome.

When I go to an episode en press start it starts loading, but it doesn't play the episode. It's just stops loading after some time and sits idle on the page.

Anyone has an idea what the problem might be?
Netflix support is officially making its way to Linux

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/09/netfl...ge-request
(2014-09-19, 22:17)handbone Wrote: Netflix support is officially making its way to Linux

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/09/netfl...ge-request

That's about default html5 streaming. The only thing thing that changes is that you no longer need browser user agent spoofing.
(2014-09-19, 00:09)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-09-18, 23:36)Keizo_Nishi Wrote: Hello !
Thanks AddonScriptorDE for the update ! glad to see that you are very reactive since netflix is available in europe (happy french user here ! Big Grin )
But i'm wondering how do you go back into xbmc when you're watching a video? i tried to escape but it only stopped the kiosk mode... :x (so got back into Windows desktop.)
If you are using Windows, you can map a key to stop/exit playback via the control utility. If using Linux/OSX, you have to use an external tool for that.

(2014-09-18, 23:36)Keizo_Nishi Wrote: Btw since the video player is all full html5 is it not possible to integrate it directly into xbmc ? (i dunno how xbmc work since it's in python.) Because i saw on xbmc that there is some web browser plugin so i'm just wondering if there is a way to do that ;p
XBMC is not able to display html5 content, so a browser is still required. Sorry...

Thanks for all the answers !

I am using Windows on XBMC and activated the Control Utility. (it work to play pause the player so that is great.)
The thing is i'm using my remote control that send command to my TV that send CEC info to my XBMC (so that's with this method that i command my XBMC with my remote)
And with the same remote i can play pause the player in Chrome.
I can also quit. Well i think it's quit since if i push the stop button on my remote it will close Chrome. (yep close.) But it doesn't put XBMC on top again. that is the only issue i got.

By the way since the update of full HTML5 Chrome is no longer in kiosk mode that is weird since it worked well before.
And the other 'issue' that i can relate is that if i quit Netflix it will shutdown Chrome. but not close the tab of netflix. So if after i try to relaunch another episode it will launch another tab of Netflix and then Netflix display an error since two tab of Netflix are open.

And i didn't know about XBMC and html5 my bad. and do not be sorry Smile You're wonderful to make an app for us to be able to see some great netflix content on a lovely media center Smile
I don't know if anyone else is expecting the problem that audio is not working on Linux (xbmc, ALSA) but to suspend the audio I made a small workaround last night in the code of the plugin.
It basically suspends xbmc audio to free the ALSA audio device and tells xbmc to stop playing navigation sounds.
The problematic thing with this patch is that it enables the xbmc sounds again before the video stream stops but it works quite well for me.

492 elif osLinux:
493 xbmc.audioSuspend()
494 xbmc.enableNavSounds(False)
495 xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?url="+urllib.quote_plus(url)+"&mode=showSite&kiosk="+kiosk+"&userAgent="+urllib.quote_plus(userAgent)+")")
502 subprocess.Popen('xdotool mousemove 9999 9999', shell=True)
503 xbmc.audioResume()
504 xbmc.enableNavSounds(True)
still can't get audio from my videos. The interesting thing here is, that when i start chrome with xpra (X window redirection) i get sound over HDMI when i head over to netflix and start streaming a movie on my wifes notebook.

Any ideas? I'm useing xbmcbungu with pulseaudio.
cd /pub/ && cat Beer
Worked 1 time... Now when chrome gets launched i just get a complete white screen... (Page is loading but does not get beyound that) same with chromium :/
@kubax
No this is an ALSA issue only. Pulseaudio is different because the pulseaudio daemon claims the alsa (hardware) device and all other processes stream the audio signal to the daemon. So in theory no audio process has to be suspended.
Have you set the default device?
For the above shown audio patch, It makes more sense to re-enable xbmc audio when chrome is closed. Otherwise the audio device is not available again which might cause trouble.
The shown code works only with xdotool installed. The audio is re enabled when chrome is closed after a short delay of 2000 msec.

So the complete thing would look like this.

Code:
492 elif osLinux:
493     xbmc.audioSuspend()
494     xbmc.enableNavSounds(False)
495     xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?url="+urllib.quote_plus(url)+"&mode=showSite&kiosk="+kiosk+"&userAgent="+urllib.quote_plus(userAgent)+")")
854            subprocess.Popen('xdotool key alt+f4', shell=True)
855            xbmc.sleep(2000)
856            xbmc.Player().stop()
857            xbmc.audioResume()
858            xbmc.enableNavSounds(True)
859            self.close()
Woah hey! did internet explorer support get taken out!?

I needed it because i have my pc hooked up to my tv as a second monitor (where xbmc runs) and internet explorer opened up on the tv when i used this app, I also had a program that would automatically switch the default playback device to the tv if it saw IE open up.

Unless this is put back in does anyone have a solution for a two monitor setup?
Hello I need Help. I installed XBMC on my Apple Tv 1 and succesfully installed NEtfilxbmc. ALl goes right and I select the movie, but than it shows 'WORKING' and after that nothing. it goes back to movies menu. The movies are not playing. I am on Gotham and installed XBMC on apple TV directly and not on USB.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7