[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
v1.3.3:
- Fixed adding "My List" to library for multi-profile accounts
- Added fake video playback to avoid notification when playing via library
- Fixed bug with enabled "Play the next video automatically" setting when playing via library

(2014-09-21, 23:11)kamegami Wrote: First adding MyList to the Library does not work. I found I was able to get the function def addMyListToLibrary(): to work if I added:
Forgot to set the profile. Thanks for mentioning.

(2014-09-21, 23:50)christoofar Wrote: Edit: One issue that I'm seeing is that programming seems to only playing in 2 channel, not surround. Is there some setting somewhere that I missed?
I have a 7.1 Pioneer AVR settting s to pass thru, and my NAS'd movies play in full surround.
I don't really know if surround is already supported by the HTML5 Player. Maybe you can find an answer via google or the netflix support.

(2014-09-22, 04:00)Trigonous Wrote: In addition, are there any hotkeys when using the HTML5 playback? That would make the AHK script much easier to use.
See first first.

(2014-09-22, 04:00)Trigonous Wrote: EDIT: What does NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe do other than move the mouse? Does it handle the key mappings as well?
It's mainly for keymapping and hiding the mouse.

(2014-09-22, 04:00)Trigonous Wrote: I just notice that it seems to keep running even if I exit XBMC, and it then prevents me from launching XBMC again unless I end the process.
If you use it, you have to exit playback via the mapped key. See first post for default keymappings.

(2014-09-22, 15:59)jawilljr Wrote: You still the User Agent string.
When using this addon, you don't need to change the UA. The addon handles it - see first post.

(2014-09-22, 16:08)HenryFord Wrote: Am I correct in assuming that I still need to change the UA in the current chrome stable when using Win7?

Edit:
So I tried EVERYTHING, but with Chrome Stable, I simply cannot get Netflix to load in HTML5. It just doesn't do it. With Chrome beta? Yeah, no problem whatsoever.
The UA does not need to be changed. Maybe your Chrome version is not up-to-date. I just tested it with the latest stable ().

(2014-09-22, 18:41)Delivereath Wrote: Trying to use netflixbmc on xbmcbuntu but I only get empty lists when looking for movies.
If works for tv series but not movies.
Strange. Same requests are made for movies/tv. It's just filtered by the addon.

(2014-09-22, 18:41)Delivereath Wrote: And it also takes a lot time when browsing in tv series. I always get a "loading metadata" which takes between 10 and 30 seconds to complete.
See first post. Metadata gets cached...

(2014-09-23, 01:52)charettepa Wrote: the issue is definately the control utility
The HTML5 Player does not support all functions. For example volume up/down. Also, not all keys are accepted.

(2014-09-23, 19:51)kubax Wrote: Now i only have to investigate why i only get half screen, and fix my remote..

But for this problems, i'll re-read the thrad, as those are answered allready (if i recall it right...) Smile
If you are using xbmcbuntu (or similar small distros) you may need to install a window manager. It could cause your problem.

(2014-09-24, 01:10)kamegami Wrote: Adding movies to the Library does not work.
With the "Play the next video automatically" setting off then it appears there is only one item on the playlist and it will loop it 100 times.
To solve this problem, add at the end of playVideo method in default.py the following line:
xbmc.PlayList(xbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO).clear()
Because playback is not done via Chrome, XBMC could not know when the videos are finished. I never used the "Play the next video automatically" - so I did not noticed it.
I added clearing the playlist to prevent problems...

(2014-09-24, 03:23)Mulky Wrote: Is there a simple way to configure the remote or a third app that I have missed installing that allows my remote to function?
You can do this via the addon settings.

(2014-09-24, 03:23)Mulky Wrote: I am also unsure what the webremote option means, should I have this enabled?
It's for controlling Netflix playback via iOS/Android Apps.

(2014-09-24, 06:12)Matze001 Wrote: Seems that under Windows only the Netflix Metro App delivers Dolby/Sorround Sound. With the our addon here (which I highly appreciate) you can get only Stereo (regardless IE or Chrome). Question is whether or not one could "use" the Metro App in the addon because of this capability. Using Advanced Launcher is possible but - in my case - difficult to use...
Unfortunately, the Metro App does not support keyboards/remotes (afaik).

(2014-09-24, 19:39)Komerad Wrote: Ok I have a few questions.

Netflixbmc is working but :
- no sound.
- no hd quality.
Looks like you have problems with your system/setup. HD is only available if your connection is fast enough.
You should contact the Netflix support to fix your playback problems.

(2014-09-24, 22:23)ICEx Wrote: I used to have this working, but had to reinstall windows. Now, I only get a script error when trying to run. Fresh install of Windows 8.1, Gotham 13.2, NetfliXBMC, chrome launcher. Chrome launcher works fine with leanback.

log: http://pastebin.com/2d61HC0P

Any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thanks
Looks like you have problems with ssl. If you are using a proxy, make sure it supports https/ssl.

Messages In This Thread
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by AddonScriptorDE - 2014-09-25, 00:23
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7