• 63(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-10-10, 06:59)jawilljr Wrote: Looks likes Netflix finally removed Ubuntu User agents checks.

I tried it in 12.04 (Precise) and 14.04 (Trusty) they both work.

All you need to do is update your system to the latest libnss, and the latest Chrome stable. They are in Ubuntu's repositories. No PPA needed. No User Agent needed.

Of course, after confirmation, please remove the User Agent in your ADDon for Linux.

I confirmed it on my system. Ubuntu 14.04 with the latest updates.
I also noticed that the user-agent string causes Netflix to give an error during playback.
So, in my case the removal of the user-agent string was needed to use netflix.
(2014-09-25, 01:23)charettepa Wrote: i can no longer map any button on my remote
Mapping hasn't changed. As mentioned, the HTML5 Player doesn't support all functions like the Silverlight Player and some keys won't work.

(2014-09-27, 11:42)Matze001 Wrote: Any news/ideas regarding the Topic "Dolby/Surround in the NetfliXBMC addon without using the Metro App"?
No. Chrome/IExplorer needs to add support for that.

(2014-10-05, 14:40)roloyd Wrote: I have some trouble with running this Add-On on a Raspberry PI.
Latest Chrome is required for this addon. See first post.
Even if it would be possible, I think the RPi won't be fast enough for proper playback via a browser.

(2014-10-05, 17:33)fillerguy Wrote: I had to change two things in order to get this to run with Ad-free time.
I would recommend you to change the 'language' value in your '../XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/settings.xml' instead of changing default.py, so you don't need to do it on every update.

(2014-10-07, 10:49)michael7oliver Wrote:
(2014-10-01, 10:03)michael7oliver Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 19:13)michael7oliver Wrote: I'm getting an error saying my password / username is not correct. This is definitely not the case. My log is pasted below, any ideas?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=303027

Any thoughts on this error?

I'd love to get answer on this. Do I need to provide any further information?
Please check your '../XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/settings.xml' file to see if your credentials are really correct.
I don't know anything else that could cause it except of wrong credentials...

(2014-10-08, 13:53)CountZer0 Wrote: Whats not working? When it switches from XBMC to Chrome i dont get fullscreen. Its still looks like a browser. MCE remote is working and if i push BACK it takes me back to XBMC. If i start playing again it opens anoter tab over the first one and playing can not be resumed bacuse to many tabs. What am i doing wrong?
Did you maybe had Chrome already running in the background before using NetfliXBMC? If so, close it. If you really need it running, you can also use a separate chrome profile (Chrome Launcher settings).

(2014-10-10, 06:59)jawilljr Wrote: Looks likes Netflix finally removed Ubuntu User agents checks.

I tried it in 12.04 (Precise) and 14.04 (Trusty) they both work.

All you need to do is update your system to the latest libnss, and the latest Chrome stable. They are in Ubuntu's repositories. No PPA needed. No User Agent needed.

Of course, after confirmation, please remove the User Agent in your ADDon for Linux.
(2014-10-10, 09:15)jamaiko Wrote: I confirmed it on my system. Ubuntu 14.04 with the latest updates.
I also noticed that the user-agent string causes Netflix to give an error during playback.
So, in my case the removal of the user-agent string was needed to use netflix.
Thank you both for mentioning/confirming. I'll change it...
v1.3.4:
- Removed User-Agent header for google-chrome under linux (not required any more)
(2014-10-10, 16:48)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-10-05, 17:33)fillerguy Wrote: I had to change two things in order to get this to run with Ad-free time.
I would recommend you to change the 'language' value in your '../XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/settings.xml' instead of changing default.py, so you don't need to do it on every update.

Hello,

I checked that .xml file and it doesn't have a language setting - maybe this is why I needed to edit the default.py file? What do I put in the xml file? <setting id="language" value="US"/> ?
Hi!

I just tried to use this netflix plugin with windows 8.1 but the script keep crashing at launch.
My first name (Jérémie) contains accentuated characters and windows used it for my user's folder name.
In the log, XBMC throws a 'path not found' error, see for yourself (parts of the log are in french, the language of my OS):
Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: (3, 'Le chemin d\x92acc\xe8s sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable', 'C:\\Users\\J\xc3\xa9r\xc3\xa9mie\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\J�r�mie\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 70, in <module>
   os.mkdir(addonUserDataFolder)
WindowsError: (3, 'Le chemin d\x92acc\xe8s sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable', 'C:\\Users\\J\xc3\xa9r\xc3\xa9mie\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc')
-->End of Python script error report<--
As you can see there are quite a few problems with french accentuated characters even in the log ^^

I've tried it on the same machine but with a folder name devoid of accentuated characters and it works flawlessly.
It would be great to fix that problem, thanks
Our wait is OVER!!! I just tested Netflix on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS + Chrome 37 and now we have native Neflix client!!! \o/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2824623/u...ounds.html
With HTML5 support is Chrome still really necessary? I thought the whole Chrome Launcher bit was for pipelight to work properly.

Native playback in XBMC would be awesome.
HTML 5 is not enough you need the encrypted media extensions. Chrome is only browser on Linux that has those. You can't embed that into xbmc
Hi there,did everything as instructed in start post.
filled in everything i had to etc.
Starting up netflixbmc and it works.
Now i want to watch a serie,can get the serie to show with art and all,sea the seasons and click on a episode.
Then it start to say busy and waits but there is nothing showing up?
What is/am i doing wrong?
I am running xbmcubuntu on 2820 intel nuc.
Any help will be appreciated to get it running.
Hi,
Thanks for a great plugin, I'm really enjoying it a lot!

Unfortunately "My List" not working for me. When I go to the My List menu entry it does a brief 'loading' before showing an empty list.
I've got quite a new Netflix account and have tried it with only one profile configured initially, then I added a second to see if that made a difference. It didn't though.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest version, it's reporting 1.3.4

For what it's worth I get a script failure when going to "My List" a profile that has no items added to my list, log entry:
12:22:55 T:140075700479744 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'match' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/corona/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 977, in <module>
listVideos(url, type)
File "/home/corona/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 164, in listVideos
for videoID in match:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'match' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--

But on a profile with a few programs added to my list, the 'My List' menu just comes up empty.
Other menu video browsing seems to work fine, tvshows by genre etc.

Cheers,
Andrew
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-10-11, 17:37)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: Hi there,did everything as instructed in start post.
filled in everything i had to etc.
Starting up netflixbmc and it works.
Now i want to watch a serie,can get the serie to show with art and all,sea the seasons and click on a episode.
Then it start to say busy and waits but there is nothing showing up?
What is/am i doing wrong?
I am running xbmcubuntu on 2820 intel nuc.
Any help will be appreciated to get it running.

I have the same thing.

I'm running Netflixbmc (1.3.4) on my Raspberri. Seems to act correctly and I can select a profile, serie/season/episode etc. Starts running and then it stops without playing a episode. Tried several series and/or movies. Nothing responds. Changing settings from multi-profile to single profile won't help.

Does someone has a solution for this? All suggestions are welcome!
I had this recently. I cleared my cache and re entered my auth details and it started working against. I noticed I had to logout and back in on android as well as chrome all at same time
(2014-10-12, 12:16)JasonPell Wrote: I had this recently. I cleared my cache and re entered my auth details and it started working against. I noticed I had to logout and back in on android as well as chrome all at same time
Well cleared cache and cookies.
logged out on another smart tv.
reenterd my mail and pw but still nog go.
looks like chrome isn'started?
i have everything configured as i should like in post 1 pf this topic.
changed from rpi to nic to get netflix working cause everywhere i looked people said with xbmcubuntu it runs flawless.
really to hope to get some more help for this issue.
Working fine here but only for tv shows. Is it possible to have movies to ?
Nobody??
Installed linux mint and chrome browser after that installed xbmc and user spoof agent,after that installed te repo and suddunly it worked flawlessly only couldn't command xbmc anymore by my harmony one.
Now i want to make it work in xbmcubuntu how can i get it to work?
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7