• 71(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-11-29, 21:13)-Dis Wrote: I get this error:
Any ideas how to fix this?

What OS are you running ?
Looks like some python code is unsupported
(2014-11-30, 01:10)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 21:13)-Dis Wrote: I get this error:
Any ideas how to fix this?

What OS are you running ?
Looks like some python code is unsupported

Ubuntu 12.04

Edit. After reinstall it works Smile
So I got this working on 13.2, well somewhat anyways. When I try to play TV shows I get a script error. Movies seem to play fine though using chrome plugin. "My List" and "Viewing Activity" do not seem to work for movies or TV. Anyone know why I get script errors when trying to view tv shows? Without that working I'm still going to need to buy a dedicated device Sad
(2014-11-30, 13:32)Justintoxicated Wrote: So I got this working on 13.2, well somewhat anyways. When I try to play TV shows I get a script error. Movies seem to play fine though using chrome plugin. "My List" and "Viewing Activity" do not seem to work for movies or TV. Anyone know why I get script errors when trying to view tv shows? Without that working I'm still going to need to buy a dedicated device Sad

There are currently some issues with the add-on, we're waiting (and hoping) for the author, AddonScripterDE to fix those.
In the meanwhile several users have published some DIY fixes in this forum and member corona and myself provided a modded version.
Are you using one of the modded versions with the fixes ?
I'm going to try the modded version tomorrow, I wish I knew python better Tongue
I am having troubles getting this addon to work.

First, I use Netflix quite often, and like to have the option for the different users as we have many kids that use it also. This option doesn't show any of the user accounts.

Second, I can't get it to load "My List" either. It just keeps showing a script error. I am somewhat proficient in Python, so if I knew where, or if it logs this error, I may be able to help track it down.

Last, for now, I can browse the TV Shows and Movies, but it won't let me play them. Once again, it displays a script error.

I don't know if these errors are some problem with my settings, or something else, but I would really appreciate any feedback on fixing these issues. Netflix is one of the most used things in this household and I would love to use it in my HTPC.

Win7
XBMC "Gotham"

UPDATE

I installed a patched version that I found on this forum, now I can get the users, and my list, but still won't play the shows
(2014-11-30, 13:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 13:32)Justintoxicated Wrote: So I got this working on 13.2, well somewhat anyways. When I try to play TV shows I get a script error. Movies seem to play fine though using chrome plugin. "My List" and "Viewing Activity" do not seem to work for movies or TV. Anyone know why I get script errors when trying to view tv shows? Without that working I'm still going to need to buy a dedicated device Sad

There are currently some issues with the add-on, we're waiting (and hoping) for the author, AddonScripterDE to fix those.
In the meanwhile several users have published some DIY fixes in this forum and member corona and myself provided a modded version.

I can't get your modded version to install I get an installation failed error. I'm on windows 7 if that matters. Oh, and your version and corornas both fail to install. Where is the log located?

Are there steps I need to take prior to installing your version? I tried both installing over and removing the old version from within xbmc.

I mean I see the source file under the plugin, but I'm not familiar with python. If I want to make some changes how to I re-compile and zip it back up? (I'm a java dev that has never played with python)
(2014-11-30, 20:07)Justintoxicated Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 13:39)marcelveldt Wrote:

I can't get your modded version to install I get an installation failed error. I'm on windows 7 if that matters. Oh, and your version and corornas both fail to install. Where is the log located?

Are there steps I need to take prior to installing your version? I tried both installing over and removing the old version from within xbmc.

I mean I see the source file under the plugin, but I'm not familiar with python. If I want to make some changes how to I re-compile and zip it back up? (I'm a java dev that has never played with python)

Did you install it by going to addons --> install add-on from zip ?

What error does it say why the install fails ?
Logfile is in c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\xbmc\xbmc.log

Python is compiled runtime so no need to compile it yourself...

I have the add-on working myself on both ubuntu and windows boxes...
Just install, configure credentials and go...
Quote: I mean I see the source file under the plugin, but I'm not familiar with python. If I want to make some changes how to I re-compile and zip it back up? (I'm a java dev that has never played with python)

Welcome fellow java developer :-)

As already said, you can just make changes to the source files directly in the addon, and then just go back to XBMC and just reload the addon page, or even just click the same link again and your changes will be recompiled by xbmc and executed. You can add print statements and everything and see them coming out in the logs.

I have not adventured into attaching a debugger, but apparently that's possible as well.

If you were on linux i could have helped more, but windows 7 is not my cup of tea
Great plugin! Just got a workable solution now on my Ubuntu 14.04[/quote] box.

I'm having an issue when going through my SNI proxy for Netflix US shows. I'm seeing the following message:

Code:
20:23:36 T:140140974114560   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1024, in <module>
                                                index()
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 99, in index
                                                if login():
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 638, in login
                                                content = opener.open(urlMain+"/Login").read()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 410, in open
                                                response = meth(req, response)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
                                                'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 442, in error
                                                result = self._call_chain(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 629, in http_error_302
                                                return self.parent.open(new, timeout=req.timeout)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 404, in open
                                                response = self._open(req, data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
                                                '_open', req)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1222, in https_open
                                                return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1184, in do_open
                                                raise URLError(err)
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:23:36 T:140142988552128   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
20:23:36 T:140142988552128   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed

Has anyone else got this? Seems to be related to POODLE as it's referring to SSLv3

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
(2014-11-30, 22:32)mrnorm Wrote: Great plugin! Just got a workable solution now on my Ubuntu 14.04 box.

I'm having an issue when going through my SNI proxy for Netflix US shows. I'm seeing the following message:

Code:
20:23:36 T:140140974114560   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1024, in <module>
                                                index()
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 99, in index
                                                if login():
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 638, in login
                                                content = opener.open(urlMain+"/Login").read()
<snip>
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>
20:23:36 T:140142988552128   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
20:23:36 T:140142988552128   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed

Has anyone else got this? Seems to be related to POODLE as it's referring to SSLv3

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,
It looks like you're using the original plugin? Could you try my updated version, packaged with some extra fixes by marcelveldt: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1848570

My version uses the newer requests package to load urls and will hopefully work.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
Code:
17:41:49 T:3692   ERROR: CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: Failed to create the DirectSound device  with error DSERR_NODRIVER, trying the default device.
17:41:49 T:3692   ERROR: CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: Failed to create the default DirectSound device with error DSERR_NODRIVER.
17:41:49 T:5044  NOTICE: Thread AESinkNull start, auto delete: false
17:41:50 T:2752  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
17:41:50 T:5684  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
17:41:50 T:3440  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
17:41:50 T:5684  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:41:50 T:5140  NOTICE: Thread RSSReader start, auto delete: false
17:42:04 T:5840  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
17:42:30 T:3440   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Crystalstar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\resources\NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe
17:42:30 T:3440   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/resources/NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe
17:42:30 T:3440   ERROR: Could not read addon description of plugin.video.netflixbmc
17:42:30 T:3440   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Crystalstar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\resources\NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe
17:42:30 T:3440   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/resources/NetfliXBMC_Utility.exe
17:42:30 T:2564  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Ahh that's right compiled at runtime. I'll try hard deleting these files.

Had to restart to delete those files, something was holding onto them.

Code:
18:10:40 T:3376   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'country' is not defined
                                              File "C:\Users\Crystalstar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1076, in <module>
                                                listSeasons(name, url, thumb)
                                              File "C:\Users\Crystalstar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 397, in listSeasons
                                                content = getSeriesInfo(seriesID)
                                              File "C:\Users\Crystalstar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 496, in getSeriesInfo
                                                url = "http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/odp/episodes?languages="+language+"&forceEpisodes=true&routing=redirect&video="+seriesID+"&country="+country
                                            NameError: global name 'country' is not defined
18:10:40 T:2128   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Futurama&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cCrystalstar%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70153380.jpg&url=70153380
18:10:40 T:2128   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Futurama&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cCrystalstar%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70153380.jpg&url=70153380) failed
TV shows still does not work

Not really sure how to fix it, how is country being defined? Looks like this code is splitting a locale (like en_us) to parse the country from the language.

Code:
if len(language.split("-"))>1:
    country = language.split("-")[1]

Can I just add EN_US for the language in the addon.xml ?

edit: ok I extracted the zip, and changed the addon.xml language to EN_US, saved it and created a new zip. But when I try to install that zip I get an error that the structure is not correct.
What now?

update: ok, so I guess i can't modify the package, but I can modify the files after they are installed, so I tried adding en_us to the addon.xml's <language> tag but it still failed to parse the country from the string split (I imagine this woks same as java), so instead I hard coded country = "us" and that got it past the script error. However now when I go to play something I get the working wheel and nothing happens.

Code:
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70140691
18:37:19 T:4344   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70140691) failed
Not sure what the problem is there.

update: took corona's copy and made the hard coded language change and it appears to be working.
In coronas version for some reason at first launch it saves in settings.xml
<setting id="language" value="ProfilesGate" />

After removing that line it saves correct value.

Series Viewing Activity also doesn't work. After i click something in there i get following error.
Code:
17:32:12 T:140096627681024   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1076, in <module>
                                                listSeasons(name, url, thumb)
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 398, in listSeasons
                                                content = json.loads(content)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 326, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
17:32:12 T:140097762994048   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=30.11.2014%20-%20The%20X-Files%3a%20Kausi%201%3a%20%22Shapes%22&thumb=%2fvar%2flib%2fvdr%2f.kodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflixbmc%2fcache%2fcovers%2f70134177.jpg&url=70134177
17:32:12 T:140097762994048   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=30.11.2014%20-%20The%20X-Files%3a%20Kausi%201%3a%20%22Shapes%22&thumb=%2fvar%2flib%2fvdr%2f.kodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflixbmc%2fcache%2fcovers%2f70134177.jpg&url=70134177) failed
17:32:12 T:140096627681024  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Edit. i get script error on everywhere if i turn off "show profile selection on each start" in settings. I have multiple profiles.
edit2. Nevermind it's just latest and all tv series what doesn't work.

Code:
17:55:48 T:140095856310016   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1050, in <module>
                                                listVideos(url, type)

Currently using marcelveldt version but there's same errors on coronas version.
I will try add some more error handling and post a new zip.
Will let you know asap.

Please note that I'm not the author of the addon, all credits go the original developer.
I'm just a fan trying to get the addon working again bacause me and my whole family uses it daily ;-)
Thank you. I also did my own version based on original AddonScriptorDE's version.
But i'd like to try another versions too. That's why I keep posting those errors even my own version works just fine.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7