• 73(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
I think its only issue on first load from new install. I see popup progress dialog to load my list. But there is a delay after first clicking the plugin link. I use default theme on kodi 14
Hey JasonPell, marcelveldt , all,
I would definitely be keen to work together to keep this thing running for everyone!
I've pushed a fix for the regex locale issue, however I prefer to go the ignore case route rather than the original fix suggested.

It would be good to try to get a clear way to describe which version is in use, perhaps work together on a release schedule with clear versioning.
At the moment the last few pages on here of issues people are having, most of them seem to be on original code, and them some on various version of my code or marcelveldt merge. This makes it nigh on impossible to really help people when they have problems.

I never had a problem with the chrome launcher dependency, however for new users not needing the extra package separately installed is certainly convenient, especially if you're not going to use chrome launcher by itself (I don't normally have a mouse on my system so regular chrome isn't much use to me).

I've got other personal code for controlling chrome with remote when in netflix player based on a js userscript which I wrote before finding any of the utilities that AddonScriptorDE provided. I'd be happy to share them if anyone wanted. It's basically remapping keys to more closely match my xbmc, escape to exit chrome and go back to xbmc and a way to get past the continue watching popup after a couple of back to back episodes of any show.

With regard to the progress feedback issue mentioned, my personal skin does show a busy spinner but yeah I think that's skin provided based on script locking up rather than the script giving feedback. script feedback instead would be cleaner, but I wouldn't consider it a critical feature (as opposed to script errors)

fwiw I do write in python professionally and would be happy to help with python questions surrounding the plugin. I use remote debugging on the script too which I find indispensable, I can certainly help you guys set that up if you want.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
Hi,

Since you are the python dev, it probably makes sense for you to take the lead on this. AddonScriptDE is missing in action and has been so for weeks, so I think someone has to take over.

I am more than happy to contribute where I can. I am happy for my github repo to be the primary repo, or I can reset it to yours. I would suggest that we fork from AddonScriptDE github and then apply the google code changes, plus whatever fixes we have identified. Would be good to include my changes to get rid of chrome launcher for linux, but it might not be everyones ideal solution. I am going to install kodi on a windows 7 vm, and see if I can get netflix to work without launcher there too. I cannot do anything about OSX.

What I think we need also is to setup a xbmc / kodi repo with the latest plugin code, and a figure out how to make it easy for users to update from that repo with the fixes as they come.

I am thinking we get the original code working smoothly, and then look at how your changes for 'request' will improve performance, and figure out why some users cannot get it to work, because of missing deps or whatever.

If we get the above mentioned repo provided, we can iterate the version for every update. Perhaps we can include the git sha in the version too?

Would be very interested in getting remote debugging working. Using print statements is pre-historic, but all I have for the moment :-)

Any good tutorials? Can it be run from Eclipse? I have the PyDev plugin installed.
I am working on a repo for installing and updating the plugin plus at least one other abandoned plugin

Should make it easy for users to keep up to date with fixes
I forked from the svn on google-code (into my git) which was the latest version from AddonScriptDE, so I would certainly still keep that intact to preserve his work/commit log.
I've been developing out of my gitlab (basically a standalone github) but it's probably worth me moving it to my github page as that'll make it easier to do pull requests to each other, etc.

I'm not sure that there's any real problem with the requests based code anymore except for the dependency on the requests module itself, it should be trivial for me to add that as a registered dependency as marcelveldt mentioned, and if we get a repo set up that should resolve any issues with that.

While I am a python dev this is the first xbmc plugin I've contributed to, so it's been a learning curve from that viewpoint, hence I hadn't set my code up with a repo or clean zip for install.

I work predominantly on a mac so can certainly test code there too, and have a windows vm already I should try it out in also.

I do use pydevd module for the remote debug of the plugin, if you look at my repo code you'll see the block commented out at the top of default.py. I use pycharm though because it's incredibly awesome, although you need the paid version for remote debug.
Eclipse works fine though, although it's a bit more fiddly to get the workspace set up. There's a couple of walkthroughs to set up remote debugging. http://pydev.org/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html

Basically with the code block enabled and the ip in the code block set to laptop ip (not tv/server ip), you start debugging server in pycharm/eclipse and then go to any menu on netflix and when the plugin hits the debug code block it stops, connects to the laptop and shows up on laptop screen ready to step through the code.

I have my git code directly cloned into ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc on server, and then have that folder mounted in a shared drive on my laptop and modify the code directly, with debug enabled, and run it by just selecting a menu with the remote. Then when I'm happy with changed commit and push. There is absolutely no copying or syncing of files required, so that speeds up dev.

At the moment I have pydevd module folder from pycharm just copied into my plugin.video.netflixbmc but there is proper looking module packages I'm going to try as a cleaner option, such as http://ftp.slackware.com/pub/xbmc/addons...le.pydevd/

Corona, can you create a github repo with your latest gitlab code. I will remove my fork, and instead fork from you and send you a CR with my changes to remove chrome launcher for linux.

@marcelveldt could you perhaps do the same, send CR to Corona github

Can you create a plugin repo on your github as well, and we can setup a place for users to download the latest version.

I would much prefer github over a private repo,
I have reset my github repo to corona.

I have created a old-master branch which had my latest master changes, in case I need to refer to them.
I created a new branch linux-no-chrome-launcher with my non chrome launcher linux support. I need to test this at home tonight, but if its all working I will send @corona a PR when I get your github address.

https://github.com/pellcorp/plugin.video...e-launcher
Well I decided to get my git fu on and migrate the svn and git code nicely to github. The commit log might not look as clean as I'd hoped though....

My new primary repo is at https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc

It's forked from AddonScriptorDE's original github, so JasonPell, you can / could have kept your repo forked from his for easy pull reqs to me...
I was able to merge the svn from googlecode into the github at the appropriate rev and then bring in all the newer svn code preserving the history. I believe in credit where credit's due, and AddonScriptorDE has done a lot of good work!
The newer code from my gitlab is then merged on top.

I haven't actually tested the code on github, but it diffs the same as a clean checkout from my gitlab so I'm pretty confident it's good to go!

That's cool, I am still forked from ScriptAddonDE, I will reset to your github master.

git push -f is my friend in this case :-)
I created a PR for the linux without chrome launcher support.
This is great work guys, very nice.
I'll take a look at the github tonight when I'm at home but it's looking good.

Maybe there's no need for my changes to be applied I guess because the changes from Jasonpell look much better to me :-)
I will install this version tonight and see what I find...

As you guys might know I'm also helping with development of the MediaBrowser add-on.
We have a XBMC repository set up. If you guys want I can ask if we can use the repo for the netflix add-on too.
That way users don't have to mess with zipfiles, just install the repo-addon and ready to go and receive the updates...
Or do you have any ideas on setting up a custom xbmc repo ?

BTW: I saw that the code was forked from AddonscriporDE's github but I think that's really old stuff, the latest version of his addon was 1.3.4 and the one on Github is 1.2.6 last modified 8 months ago. This is missing features like the suggested lists, add to library etc.
Or did you also merge the code from version 1.3.4 in it ?
(2014-12-02, 00:30)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 00:25)JasonPell Wrote: When you first startup the plugin it takes a fair amount of time, and there is no progress dialog. Would be good to add a Working progress message like other areas of xbmc

I do see the progress dialog... It may depend on the skin you're using...
Great idea about the repo and thanks for your work. I'll check it out tomorrow and submit the changes for review. Great!

It's only a problem when launched from a home screen short cut. So its probably more of a general xbmc issue. When I go into the Addons section under Videos and click the link there I see the Working message.
(2014-12-02, 11:15)JasonPell Wrote: It's only a problem when launched from a home screen short cut. So its probably more of a general xbmc issue. When I go into the Addons section under Videos and click the link there I see the Working message.

Do you, by any chance, use my skin, Titan ?
In that case I think I know the issue as I hide the progressdialog particular on the homescreen...
That's because the widgets also cause the progressdialog to appear.
Maybe other skinners use this same approach and that's why you don't get the progress dialog...
(2014-12-02, 11:19)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 11:15)JasonPell Wrote: It's only a problem when launched from a home screen short cut. So its probably more of a general xbmc issue. When I go into the Addons section under Videos and click the link there I see the Working message.

Do you, by any chance, use my skin, Titan ?
In that case I think I know the issue as I hide the progressdialog particular on the homescreen...
That's because the widgets also cause the progressdialog to appear.
Maybe other skinners use this same approach and that's why you don't get the progress dialog...

No - I just use the default skin, serves my needs quite well.
(2014-12-02, 11:27)JasonPell Wrote: No - I just use the default skin, serves my needs quite well.

OK, I checked Confluence's code and there is no particular hiding for the dialogprogress.xml in home so basically it should work as expected.
Maybe the problem is add-on related then.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7