• 74(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-12-02, 10:45)marcelveldt Wrote: This is great work guys, very nice.
I'll take a look at the github tonight when I'm at home but it's looking good.

Maybe there's no need for my changes to be applied I guess because the changes from Jasonpell look much better to me :-)
I will install this version tonight and see what I find...

As you guys might know I'm also helping with development of the MediaBrowser add-on.
We have a XBMC repository set up. If you guys want I can ask if we can use the repo for the netflix add-on too.
That way users don't have to mess with zipfiles, just install the repo-addon and ready to go and receive the updates...
Or do you have any ideas on setting up a custom xbmc repo ?

BTW: I saw that the code was forked from AddonscriporDE's github but I think that's really old stuff, the latest version of his addon was 1.3.4 and the one on Github is 1.2.6 last modified 8 months ago. This is missing features like the suggested lists, add to library etc.
Or did you also merge the code from version 1.3.4 in it ?

Its got the latest google code stuff too. Plus all the fixes and request stuff from Corona. All i have contributed is a way to launch chrome on linux without chrome launcher.

As for the repo as Corona has the primary repo. So it's his call. Ideally users need to start installing from corona repo
However there is still dep on chrome launcher for windows and osx.

With my PR we can get rid of chrome launcher for Linux
(2014-12-02, 00:00)JasonPell Wrote: I will give corona version a go on Ubuntu 14.04 later this week

Works beautifully both with multi profiles and without. I also deleted my settings to make sure fresh install works.
(2014-12-02, 10:45)marcelveldt Wrote: As you guys might know I'm also helping with development of the MediaBrowser add-on.
We have a XBMC repository set up. If you guys want I can ask if we can use the repo for the netflix add-on too.
That way users don't have to mess with zipfiles, just install the repo-addon and ready to go and receive the updates...
Or do you have any ideas on setting up a custom xbmc repo ?

BTW: I saw that the code was forked from AddonscriporDE's github but I think that's really old stuff, the latest version of his addon was 1.3.4 and the one on Github is 1.2.6 last modified 8 months ago. This is missing features like the suggested lists, add to library etc.
Or did you also merge the code from version 1.3.4 in it ?

What does it take to submit releases to your repos, is it automated or is it a case of email package to admin once we're up and running? I've got no problem setting up my own repo, but I also like the idea of consolidation of repos in general.

I kept the code forked from his original github one to preserve history and make it easier for others to have pull requests from forks etc. I used git-svn however to pull in all the change history from the googlecode svn up to 1.3.4 before adding my changes, so it's all up to date.

(2014-12-02, 12:38)JasonPell Wrote: As for the repo as Corona has the primary repo. So it's his call. Ideally users need to start installing from corona repo
However there is still dep on chrome launcher for windows and osx.

With my PR we can get rid of chrome launcher for Linux

I've accepted your PR, haven't tried it yet but I'll take your word that it's not a big step backwards ;-)
When I get a chance I'll give it a go and look into making it work on other os's, I've got all of them available to me for testing.

Cheers!
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-12-02, 13:17)corona Wrote: What does it take to submit releases to your repos, is it automated or is it a case of email package to admin once we're up and running? I've got no problem setting up my own repo, but I also like the idea of consolidation of repos in general.

I kept the code forked from his original github one to preserve history and make it easier for others to have pull requests from forks etc. I used git-svn however to pull in all the change history from the googlecode svn up to 1.3.4 before adding my changes, so it's all up to date.

I have direct access to the repo so for me it's just a matter of replacing the zipfile and addon.xml and the rest is automated.
If you're interested I'll ask the other devs if it's okay the host the addon there.
Other possibility is just submit the addon to the official xbmc repo, but we need approval of addonscriptor for that.

OK, nice thing about the merges, all history is kept and all changes applied.
Also I really like Jasonpell's changes so good thing to apply his PR.
I'll do a PR for my changes later today, basically it's now only a translation and some small change to mark items watched if playing from the library directly (strm approach). I had also modded things to get rid of chromelauncher but Jasonpell did a much better job with this so I suggest to use his approach.
Sorry for the absence last weeks - I just had too much to do.
I'll continue working on the addon next week (if I have enough time).
And thanks to all other devs for fixing some stuff in the meantime... Smile

"getting rid of chromelauncher":
I don't really see any benefit in moving the code from chrome-launcher directly to netflixbmc.
It does not make anything easier for the user - Chrome Launcher gets installed automatically anyway.
In my opinion, dividing these parts makes sense. Chrome Launcher is not only used by netflixbmc, and it makes sense to have Chrome settings (own profile, custom path) in a separate addon.
Also, a reason for dividing it was to have a separate support thread for anything related to Chrome. It does not really belong here - maybe non netflixbmc users are also interested in the found solutions.
If there are any advantages, please let me know, so I can think about it again.

"submitting to the official repo":
It won't be accepted there because of binary files. And I also think, that it wouldn't be the right place.
In my opinion, only simple addons that run out-of-the-box should be added to it. When default kodi/xbmc users install addons via the official repo, they expect them to work.
This addon needs some special instructions/configuration - as long as playback isn't directly possible via kodi/xbmc, it shouldn't be added to the official repo...
Any chance having this running on top of OpenELEC (with Kodi)?
(2014-12-02, 22:35)tjsuominen Wrote: Any chance having this running on top of OpenELEC (with Kodi)?

I presume you mean OpenELEC on a Raspberry Pi?

Unfortunately it looks like a no, google hasn't updated chrome on that platform enough to include the DRM components needed to run Netflix: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...0&p=634872

Basically this plugin can work on any platform that you can install google chrome on and use netflix in the the browser like a normal desktop.

(2014-12-02, 22:19)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Sorry for the absence last weeks - I just had too much to do.

I don't really see any benefit in moving the code from chrome-launcher directly to netflixbmc.
It does not make anything easier for the user - Chrome Launcher gets installed automatically anyway.
In my opinion, dividing these parts makes sense. Chrome Launcher is not only used by netflixbmc, and it makes sense to have Chrome settings (own profile, custom path) in a separate addon.
Also, a reason for dividing it was to have a separate support thread for anything related to Chrome. It does not really belong here - maybe non netflixbmc users are also interested in the found solutions.

It won't be accepted there because of binary files. And I also think, that it wouldn't be the right place.
In my opinion, only simple addons that run out-of-the-box should be added to it. When default kodi/xbmc users install addons via the official repo, they expect them to work.
This addon needs some special instructions/configuration - as long as playback isn't directly possible via kodi/xbmc, it shouldn't be added to the official repo...

Hey AddonScriptorDE, no need to be sorry, we're all grateful for your work and I definitely know what it's like to be spread thin between work, life and projects. The fact you weren't around gave me a good reason to figure out how to debug xbmc plugins :-)
I hope you don't mind me throwing my fork on github, I would definitely like an opportunity to work together on this project with you.

I know what you mean about bringing in chrome launching code, kind of a if not broke don't fix thing, although I guess for some users it can just mean two plugins to configure to get netflix working.
Quite a few people seem to very often get to a point of having the plugin browsing menus just fine but then having them not play, and considering that's a point where it switches to the chrome plugin before jumping to chrome it might complicate getting more info from users to figure out what's breaking.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-12-02, 22:19)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Sorry for the absence last weeks - I just had too much to do.

Welcome back!
Great to hear that you will pick up the work on the addon again. Me and some other users rely on the addon and in your absence were looking for some fixes.

About the Chrome launcher integration:
I think personally that this makes things extra difficult for users but maybe you can integrate the settings of chromelauncher with netflixbmc and it's fixed ;-)
Other reason (for me atleast) was to solve my issues with remote control and xbmcbuntu boxes, but offcourse this can also be addressed in the chromelauncher side as long as the integration is well between both...

Repo: Yep, you have a very valid point about that. In that case I think it's better to leave it on your testing repo then.

Can you take a look at the fixes from users Corona, Dis and Jasonpell ? I think they have some very valid ideas to fix things. Also the change to requests by corona can make things a lot faster (as in my experience).

I'm a great fan of your work, me and my family use your addon on a daily base. Glad to see that you haven't left the community ;-)

Will you be willing to accept pull requests from other fans here ?
Maybe discuss the issues in the github support board ?
I would agree about the chrome launcher if all the chrome related code was separated. But there is xdotool stuff in the Netflix plugin as well. I needed the separate browser script to get lirc running reliably. I did not want the lirc stuff running globally as it impacted other processes.
I am running xbmc on Ubuntu and installed netfixbmc. I can open it, log in, view the lists and go through them, but every time I try to play a movie, it goes to load then just stops.

I have pipe light with the silverligh plugin (wine) installed. I have uninstalled netfixbmc and reinstalled it.

From everything I have read, chrome is the culprit. Many on this thread have what look to me to be great ideas for fixes. I am still learning Linux is as well as the terminology.

I am at a loss here and don't know what to try. Any help, suggestions, step by step tutorials or comments would be greatly be appreciated. I know my wife would love it!

Thanks in advance
Pipelight is no longer required. Can you connect to Netflix and play movies directly in chrome on this machine

Also what version of the plugin? Are you just using latest from Script Addon De or a patched version from Corona repo
thank's for working on this addon guys, works good so far!

I have a little problem, I can't exit chrome after I finished watching. I'm using a Logitech Harmony 350, this is a budget harmony, so it's unfortunately not possible to map makros like alt+f4 on it.
Any ideas how to bypass this problem?
You should not need to. Is this Ubuntu you are on? The lirc script I use executes alt-f4 on chrome when stop button is pushed. No need for macros on the Logitech. This approach works with a cheap MCE remote so should work fine on your budget Logitech.

Also are you using corona version of the plugin
hm maybe I just didn't use the stop button, I'll try it later :-)
I'm on Windows!
which repo is recommended atm?
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc
or
https://github.com/pellcorp/plugin.video.netflixbmc
?
mhh in Windows the stop button doesn't seem to work...
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7