• 75(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-12-03, 13:14)horstepipe Wrote: hm maybe I just didn't use the stop button, I'll try it later :-)
I'm on Windows!
which repo is recommended atm?
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc
or
https://github.com/pellcorp/plugin.video.netflixbmc
?
Hi horstepipe, my repo (andrewleech) is the newest code working for most people, although I haven't tried it on windows. There is a utility built in that AddonScriptorDE included for windows to handle closing the browser, look in the netflixbmc plugin's settings page for reference to it and ensure it's enabled. I'm not sure how to use it however as I'm using a different system. Once I've got mine packaged into an extension I'll share it.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
unfortunately the Utility doesn't seem to work.
I can't open its configuration menu from XBMC, and, if I remember right, this tool should also hide the mouse, which doesn't work for me, either.
Maybe this works only in Linux properly?

I'm really desperated not finding a way to close the browser, everything else seems to work fine.
I tried creating a batch which closes Chrome, made a shortcut and set a hotkey for it, but XBMC seems to block that Windows hotkeys (at least it only works when XBMC is not running...)
(2014-12-04, 02:31)horstepipe Wrote: unfortunately the Utility doesn't seem to work.
I can't open its configuration menu from XBMC, and, if I remember right, this tool should also hide the mouse, which doesn't work for me, either.

I'm really desperated not finding a way to close the browser, everything else seems to work fine.
I tried creating a batch which closes Chrome, made a shortcut and set a hotkey for it, but XBMC seems to block that Windows hotkeys (at least it only works when XBMC is not running...)

I've got a fresh alpha release of my chrome plugin you can try if you like: http://www.alelec.net/Netflix.Player.Con...-0.1.0.crx
I'm planning on open sourcing this thing but this is really early days, so you'll have to trust me that it's clean if you want to try it.

Basically there's two parts to the plugin; key remapping/addition when on netflix website and window closing functionality.
I'm planning on adding configurable options for which keys do what, but at this stage it's all fixed:
Code:
keyboard press: "P", "Shift+P", "Ctrl+P" or "Pause/Break" -> turns into: keypress Space, ie play/pause
keyboard press: "Escape"       -> turns into: Close tab (and go back to xbmc)
keyboard press: "]"            -> turns into: keypress arrow up = Volume up
keyboard press: "["            -> turns into: keypress arrow down = Volume down
keyboard press: "Enter" or "R" -> turns into: Reload web page (sometimes streaming fails and needs a reload)
keyboard press: "Space"        -> at end of episode during countdown to next show, this will jump straight to next show. Also, if auto start new episode sometimes there's a popup asking if you want to continue watching, this will trigger continue button

To install the plugin you'll need to download the crx, then start up chrome with the same profile used by chrome launcher in xbmc. in settings/tools -> extensions, enable the checkbox at top of page "Developer Mode" then drag/drop the crx onto page.

If you've got chrome launcher set to use separate profile, find the userdata folder http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
then start chrome from command prompt like this (or similar) and then install the crx as above:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --profile-directory=<path to>\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\profile

ps. AddonScriptorDE, JasonPell, marcelveldt
This is a reason for me to have chrome launching built into the plugin, or more specifically having a separate chrome profile attached to the netflix plugin. Having a control extension in chrome give much more functionality on the netflix site than an external keyboard/mouse faking utility, as it means buttons on the web site can be pressed intelligently by the extensions js code and check if button/interface items are on screen, etc.
Ideally I'l like to have the chrome extension installed automatically into a new chrome profile on netflix plugin first-run so the end user doesn't need to configure anything, unless they want to change key mapping (eventually from options page in chrome extensions).

(2014-12-04, 05:37)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 02:31)horstepipe Wrote: unfortunately the Utility doesn't seem to work.

I've got a fresh alpha release of my chrome plugin you can try if you like: http://www.alelec.net/Netflix.Player.Con...-0.1.0.crx
I'm planning on open sourcing this thing but this is really early days, so you'll have to trust me that it's clean if you want to try it.

Basically there's two parts to the plugin; key remapping/addition when on netflix website and window closing functionality.
I'm planning on adding configurable options for which keys do what, but at this stage it's all fixed:
Code:
keyboard press: "P", "Shift+P", "Ctrl+P" or "Pause/Break" -> turns into: keypress Space, ie play/pause
keyboard press: "Escape"       -> turns into: Close tab (and go back to xbmc)
keyboard press: "]"            -> turns into: keypress arrow up = Volume up
keyboard press: "["            -> turns into: keypress arrow down = Volume down
keyboard press: "Enter" or "R" -> turns into: Reload web page (sometimes streaming fails and needs a reload)
keyboard press: "Space"        -> at end of episode during countdown to next show, this will jump straight to next show. Also, if auto start new episode sometimes there's a popup asking if you want to continue watching, this will trigger continue button

To install the plugin you'll need to download the crx, then start up chrome with the same profile used by chrome launcher in xbmc. in settings/tools -> extensions, enable the checkbox at top of page "Developer Mode" then drag/drop the crx onto page.

If you've got chrome launcher set to use separate profile, find the userdata folder http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
then start chrome from command prompt like this (or similar) and then install the crx as above:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --profile-directory=<path to>\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\profile

ps. AddonScriptorDE, JasonPell, marcelveldt
This is a reason for me to have chrome launching built into the plugin, or more specifically having a separate chrome profile attached to the netflix plugin. Having a control extension in chrome give much more functionality on the netflix site than an external keyboard/mouse faking utility, as it means buttons on the web site can be pressed intelligently by the extensions js code and check if button/interface items are on screen, etc.
Ideally I'l like to have the chrome extension installed automatically into a new chrome profile on netflix plugin first-run so the end user doesn't need to configure anything, unless they want to change key mapping (eventually from options page in chrome extensions).
Sounds awesome
Quote:Hi horstepipe, my repo (andrewleech) is the newest code working for most people, although I haven't tried it on windows. There is a utility built in that AddonScriptorDE included for windows to handle closing the browser, look in the netflixbmc plugin's settings page for reference to it and ensure it's enabled. I'm not sure how to use it however as I'm using a different system. Once I've got mine packaged into an extension I'll share it.

I just tried this last night and couldn't get it working.

I'm previously had the Original Netflixbmc installed (1.3.4) and it semi worked, but not profiles..so i tried yours. I uninstalled the addon first and even clean up remnants in the xbmc plugin directory, but after downloading and installing the zip from your github and entering in the my username and password and to user profiles in the config option, i simply get script error every time i launch.

I'm running Kodi RC2 on a clean install of ElementaryOS Luna (which is Ubuntu based).

Any tips on what might be the cause?

Thanks
Thank you!
Unfortunately with your extension Chrome doesn't start in full screen mode anymore. Your buttons seem to work, for sure especially not the escape button, nothing happens, unless I go to fullscreen manually, then it's (the fullscreen mode, not Chrome) being quit.

(2014-12-04, 15:59)jrbilodeau Wrote: i simply get script error every time i launch.

I'm running Kodi RC2 on a clean install of ElementaryOS Luna (which is Ubuntu based).

Any tips on what might be the cause?

Thanks

Just had the same error. Completly removed the addon (manually deleted all files) and reinstalling worked for me, here
Quote:Just had the same error. Completly removed the addon (manually deleted all files) and reinstalling worked for me, here

Ok i'll give that a try when i get home tonight.

Thanks
(2014-12-04, 16:37)jrbilodeau Wrote:
Quote:Just had the same error. Completly removed the addon (manually deleted all files) and reinstalling worked for me, here

Ok i'll give that a try when i get home tonight.

Thanks

I haven't tried on any of the Kodi / Helix versions, I'm still running Gotham. I'm not sure if there's likely to be incompatibilities or not there.
If it still doesn't work for you we'll need a copy of the exception from the log file when the script error is shown, from a console run:
Code:
tail -n 50 ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
and hopefully there will be a python exception block that will describe the error a bit more for us.

@ AddonScriptorDE, JasonPell, marcelveldt
we should look at getting this up and running: "buggalo - automatic exception collector" http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=121925
It's an exception reporting system which could really help with the script errors.

Kodi works fine with latest korona I have been running kodi since first beta
corona, any chance you could fix my problem with the chrome full screen mode and the escape button?
Do you need a log file?
My viewing activity currently has nothing in the list. Is there anyway to fix this? My List and everything else seems to be working.
I've done a bit more work on the plugin, it appears there a couple of facets to the not loading full screen issue.

As far as I can tell, if chrome is running on its default user directory, if there are any chrome windows or processes already open then you can't start a new kiosk window. The kiosk window has to be the first process started using that user directory. This is a good reason to configure the chrome launcher plugin to use a separate profile on its settings page, then even if you have normal chrome running on your pc you can still start a chrome launcher in kiosk as it has its own userdir.

Second to that though, my plugin has a background task which is listening for requests to close, as the close functionality can't run from a tab. When the plugin is first installed the background starts up and then proceeds to block kiosk mode. I've found though as long as I kill the background process once after install then it doesn't cause problems ever again. So after plugin is installed either reboot or (on windows) there will be a small chrome item in the notifications popup of taskbar that you can right click and close.

I've also submitted the plugin to the web store which makes it easier to install. It's still very much alpha and doesn't have any configuration but escape should close the current tab/window if it's on netflix.com as well as the other keyboard controls previously mentioned.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...pknknljhkj

(2014-12-05, 02:56)caffeinepills Wrote: My viewing activity currently has nothing in the list. Is there anyway to fix this? My List and everything else seems to be working.

Which version of the plugin are you using, did you just follow the instructions on the first page to get it from the repo?
If so could you try installing the newer zip from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1848570

(2014-12-05, 04:20)corona Wrote: Which version of the plugin are you using, did you just follow the instructions on the first page to get it from the repo?
If so could you try installing the newer zip from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1848570

I just updated to 1.3.5 (I was at 1.3.4) from that link, thanks. It now shows the list but selecting them from that list to launch Netflix produces an error unfortunately.

Code:
20:50:16 T:5760   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=12%2f3%2f14%20-%20Star%20Trek%3a%20Voyager%3a%20Season%203%3a%20%22The%20Chute%22&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cUser%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70178086.jpg&url=70178086
20:50:16 T:5760   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=12%2f3%2f14%20-%20Star%20Trek%3a%20Voyager%3a%20Season%203%3a%20%22The%20Chute%22&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cUser%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70178086.jpg&url=70178086) failed
Probably not formatting the selection correctly for some reason.
(2014-12-05, 04:53)caffeinepills Wrote: I just updated to 1.3.5 (I was at 1.3.4) from that link, thanks. It now shows the list but selecting them from that list to launch Netflix produces an error unfortunately.

Code:
20:50:16 T:5760   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=12%2f3%2f14%20-%20Star%20Trek%3a%20Voyager%3a%20Season%203%3a%20%22The%20Chute%22&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cUser%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70178086.jpg&url=70178086
20:50:16 T:5760   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=12%2f3%2f14%20-%20Star%20Trek%3a%20Voyager%3a%20Season%203%3a%20%22The%20Chute%22&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cUser%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70178086.jpg&url=70178086) failed
Probably not formatting the selection correctly for some reason.

Does it still show script failed? If so, was there any other error log block above/below those lines starting with:
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
or similar?

Yeah, it shows script failed when doing so, I just pasted the part where it had an error.

Here is more from it if you are interested:
Code:
21:10:52 T:6140  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:10:53 T:6140 WARNING: CVideoInfoTag::GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '' as 0 minutes
21:10:53 T:4564 WARNING: Previous line repeats 39 times.
21:10:53 T:4564  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
21:10:54 T:3080  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
21:10:55 T:5684  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:10:55 T:5684  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:10:56 T:5684   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1076, in <module>
                                                listSeasons(name, url, thumb)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 398, in listSeasons
                                                content = json.loads(content)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:10:56 T:5980   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=12%2f4%2f14%20-%20Star%20Trek%3a%20Voyager%3a%20Season%207%3a%20%22Natural%20Law%22&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cUser%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70178209.jpg&url=70178209
21:10:56 T:5980   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=12%2f4%2f14%20-%20Star%20Trek%3a%20Voyager%3a%20Season%207%3a%20%22Natural%20Law%22&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cUser%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70178209.jpg&url=70178209) failed
21:10:56 T:5368  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

EDIT: Also sometimes when adding episodes with certain characters in them, I get an error. (Error trying to add Scrubs TV show to Library Failed on episode: "My Déjà Vu, My Déjà Vu".)
Code:
21:15:39 T:4960  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:15:39 T:1548  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:15:39 T:1548  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
21:15:39 T:1548  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:15:46 T:5212  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
21:15:46 T:5212  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:15:46 T:5212  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:15:46 T:5980   ERROR: Control 51 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
21:15:47 T:5980   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Window.IsVisible(109
21:16:00 T:5212 WARNING: CVideoInfoTag::GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '' as 0 minutes
21:16:00 T:6140  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
21:16:00 T:800  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:16:00 T:800  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
21:16:00 T:800  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:16:00 T:5368  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
21:16:00 T:5368 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(43): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
21:16:05 T:1812  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:16:05 T:1812  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:16:08 T:1812   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1094, in <module>
                                                addSeriesToLibrary(seriesID, name, url)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 807, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                filename = (''.join(c for c in filename.encode("utf-8") if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip(' .')
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:16:13 T:1388  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:16:13 T:1388  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:16:13 T:2736  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7