[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-12-05, 04:20)corona Wrote: I've done a bit more work on the plugin, it appears there a couple of facets to the not loading full screen issue.

As far as I can tell, if chrome is running on its default user directory, if there are any chrome windows or processes already open then you can't start a new kiosk window. The kiosk window has to be the first process started using that user directory. This is a good reason to configure the chrome launcher plugin to use a separate profile on its settings page, then even if you have normal chrome running on your pc you can still start a chrome launcher in kiosk as it has its own userdir.

Second to that though, my plugin has a background task which is listening for requests to close, as the close functionality can't run from a tab. When the plugin is first installed the background starts up and then proceeds to block kiosk mode. I've found though as long as I kill the background process once after install then it doesn't cause problems ever again. So after plugin is installed either reboot or (on windows) there will be a small chrome item in the notifications popup of taskbar that you can right click and close.

I've also submitted the plugin to the web store which makes it easier to install. It's still very much alpha and doesn't have any configuration but escape should close the current tab/window if it's on netflix.com as well as the other keyboard controls previously mentioned.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...pknknljhkj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoW9czgQBqE

nothing more to say Big Grin
works great now!

Would be great if you could add two things:
- automatic fade out of the mouse cursor (more important, already disabled the mouse in XBMC, doesn't help)
- button mapping for switching language and subtitles (less important)

Messages In This Thread
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by horstepipe - 2014-12-05, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7