• 77(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Hi all,
To ease install for new users I've made a repo to host my version of the plugin. It includes a copy of chrome launcher and the requests module that's required.

https://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip

This should work to auto-update the plugin also if the auto-update setting's enabled in xbmc/kodi.

Cheers,
Andrew
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
Because .strm file does not get the same folder name? Stay with movie.strm Huh

Personally, I get error when trying to access series, he lists the series but when access to see the episodes can not error.

I am testing Windows 8 Helix RC

Sorry if I stopped reading something. But it is 77 pages!
I installed the latest version of repo friend @corona.... However it shows all series, but when I open ..... This always showing the same episode, only a series .... That is open the X series it shows episodes Y Z open shows episodes Y, W open shows episodes of Y .... Anyone opens the episode of Y ....
Have to admit. Not sure what your issue is. Please describe exactly which menu options you chose. There are several ways to get to particular series listings
neflixbmc > Tv shows > Anyone I come in! (Latest, All Show .....) opens the show, but always shows episodes of number 5 which is another show.
Ok, something I have not even looked at. I only go via My List entries. I will have a look at this tonight, unless Andrew beats me to it.
JasonPell,

Thank you! However any option between is always the same ... want to see u even through teamviewer ...
Not sure what teamviewer is? I have done quite a bit of testing of the plugin over the weekend, and I did not identify these issues you are reporting. If you can post some screen shots that would be good.

Please create an issue here:
https://github.com/pellcorp/plugin.video...bmc/issues

And add some screenshots. I will have a look tonight
Hey, I can reproduce iorify's issue. It looks like any series that I view (any profile > TV > any main category > any TV show > ) shows all the same seasons and then episodes, in my case Breaking Bad (which I have watched on Netflix before but not recently if my account could have anything to do with it). It happens on fresh install, or after clearing any local plugin cache (as well as if I even comment out the caching check in `getSeriesInfo()`.

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=American%20Horror%20Story&thumb=%2fUsers%2f<my_name>%2fLibrary%2fApplication%20Support%2fKodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflixbmc%2fcache%2fcovers%2f70210884.jpg&url=70210884
22:01:12 T:4445442048    INFO: CPythonInvoker(44, /Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py): script successfully run
22:01:12 T:140735163757328   DEBUG:   -- items: 5, sort method: 0, ascending: false
So even though I selected American Horror Story, it returns a list of 5 seasons, the 5 seasons of Breaking Bad. I noticed that the Id in the URL is `70210884` which is the correct id for American Horror Story (http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70210884?trkid=13752289), so I wonder if it's a Netflix issue? I haven't been able to check the actual api call and return values so I haven't been able to look any further into it, sorry.

Unrelated
I am also getting the following error running this on RC2 on OSX, although I did not get any such error running RC2 on Win7. The error appears directly following picking a profile.
Code:
21:50:28 T:4639657984   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
                                            Error Contents: hostname 'api-global.netflix.com' doesn't match u'api-us.netflix.com'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1064, in <module>
                                                index()
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 154, in index
                                                if login():
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 701, in login
                                                chooseProfile()
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 724, in chooseProfile
                                                load("https://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/account/profiles/switch?switchProfileGuid="+token)
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 97, in load
                                                r = session.get(url).text
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 469, in get
                                                return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 457, in request
                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 569, in send
                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 420, in send
                                                raise SSLError(e, request=request)
                                            SSLError: hostname 'api-global.netflix.com' doesn't match u'api-us.netflix.com'
I can fix it for myself by changing it to use the `api-us` URL, but that obvisouly isn't really a solution if anyone else gets the error and I'm not sure why I was getting this error on my mac but not in Windows either.
Good to know I will investigate tonight and see if I can come up with a fix. I can't look at it work as I need unblock us as I am in Australia
Hay JasonPell,

Just wanted to follow up that I can confirm that reverting the PR (https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...83ec69cf92) back to use `&video="+seriesID+` does fix this issue. What was this change a fix for?
Wow I was woried that might be it. The original fix was for a stack trace occur when viewing activity in certain cases. I need to rethink how to solve both issues again.
The other issue I'm looking into is that the KIDS genre is only populated if you choose the KIDS profile at start. If you choose any regular profile and then in the category selection page choose KIDS, the list is empty.

My experience in Python is pretty much all in web apps, what is the best way to trace or debug the addon? Ideally I'd love to be able to see the netflix api calls and responses and be able to at least print traces from within the code, any suggestions? I mostly have been using Pycharm or Sublime Text.

Thanks
Corona a few pages back detailed how to do remote debugging. I am a java Dev learning python so not much help :-)

By the way I also noticed the kids issue but as it was not throwing script error l left it alone :-)
(2014-12-08, 06:47)DigTheDoug Wrote: The other issue I'm looking into is that the KIDS genre is only populated if you choose the KIDS profile at start. If you choose any regular profile and then in the category selection page choose KIDS, the list is empty.

My experience in Python is pretty much all in web apps, what is the best way to trace or debug the addon? Ideally I'd love to be able to see the netflix api calls and responses and be able to at least print traces from within the code, any suggestions? I mostly have been using Pycharm or Sublime Text.

Thanks

Pycharm is my undisputed champ of an ide, I love it. Unfortunately the remote debugging facility that works so well for plugins requires the full version, not the community one.
If I get a chance I'll put together some instructions for debugging a plugin with eclipse, because you can certainly do it there as well. Google pydevd remote debugging for more info.

I've got the same issue with series id, it's showing breaking bad for me too. I might revert that change for now so that the version in my repo is usable while finding a proper fix the the original issue. @JasonPell, let me know if you can reproduce the original issue and I can try to help fix it too.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7