• 78(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
I can reproduce original. I will have a go at fixing it tonight and send you another PR. Feel free to revert previous one.
Question:

How do I get this add-on to remember my preferred view - View:Thumbnails ?
Whenever I start NetfliXBMC or go to the next page it always defaults to the viewTongueosterwrap.

This view does not display enough Poster Artwork on the one page without scrolling left <===> right.

Damn annoying.

@ corona - whatever changes you have just made to v1.3.6 result in script errors and unable to launch the add-on, I'm back to v1.3.5, Repo disabled.
Sorry no time to log at the moment.

I also would love to see different layout. Will take a look tonight
(2014-12-07, 14:46)JasonPell Wrote: Download the latest version of the plugin from corona repo. There are quite a few fixes since that version you installed. Extract the zip over the existing add-on and restart.

Netflix add-on will display your movies TV shows inside xbmc but will have to load a browser to actually display them due to DRM.

The location of the zip to download is https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi...master.zip

Thanks!
Are ALL movies/shows displayed just like if I were to browse Netflix via Chrome etc.?
How do I switch back to Kodi via remote from the browser?
And finally, I'm on a multi-user account with 3 friends - does the addon remember my identity? Because currently with the old version it doesn't seem to work...

Sorry for the many questions Smile
The add-on should display everything as for direct browser. On Linux stop button will exit. Not sure about other OS. The add-on definitely supports multi profile. I use that feature myself. What is not working in this regard
That's right! Thank you !! è the same series, Breaking Bad.

(2014-12-08, 05:19)DigTheDoug Wrote: Hey, I can reproduce iorify's issue. It looks like any series that I view (any profile > TV > any main category > any TV show > ) shows all the same seasons and then episodes, in my case Breaking Bad (which I have watched on Netflix before but not recently if my account could have anything to do with it). It happens on fresh install, or after clearing any local plugin cache (as well as if I even comment out the caching check in `getSeriesInfo()`.

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=American%20Horror%20Story&thumb=%2fUsers%2f<my_name>%2fLibrary%2fApplication%20Support%2fKodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflixbmc%2fcache%2fcovers%2f70210884.jpg&url=70210884
22:01:12 T:4445442048    INFO: CPythonInvoker(44, /Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py): script successfully run
22:01:12 T:140735163757328   DEBUG:   -- items: 5, sort method: 0, ascending: false
So even though I selected American Horror Story, it returns a list of 5 seasons, the 5 seasons of Breaking Bad. I noticed that the Id in the URL is `70210884` which is the correct id for American Horror Story (http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70210884?trkid=13752289), so I wonder if it's a Netflix issue? I haven't been able to check the actual api call and return values so I haven't been able to look any further into it, sorry.

Unrelated
I am also getting the following error running this on RC2 on OSX, although I did not get any such error running RC2 on Win7. The error appears directly following picking a profile.
Code:
21:50:28 T:4639657984   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
                                            Error Contents: hostname 'api-global.netflix.com' doesn't match u'api-us.netflix.com'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1064, in <module>
                                                index()
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 154, in index
                                                if login():
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 701, in login
                                                chooseProfile()
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 724, in chooseProfile
                                                load("https://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/account/profiles/switch?switchProfileGuid="+token)
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 97, in load
                                                r = session.get(url).text
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 469, in get
                                                return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 457, in request
                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 569, in send
                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                              File "/Users/{}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 420, in send
                                                raise SSLError(e, request=request)
                                            SSLError: hostname 'api-global.netflix.com' doesn't match u'api-us.netflix.com'
I can fix it for myself by changing it to use the `api-us` URL, but that obvisouly isn't really a solution if anyone else gets the error and I'm not sure why I was getting this error on my mac but not in Windows either.
(2014-12-08, 11:31)wrxtasy Wrote: Question:

How do I get this add-on to remember my preferred view - View:Thumbnails ?
Whenever I start NetfliXBMC or go to the next page it always defaults to the viewTongueosterwrap.

This view does not display enough Poster Artwork on the one page without scrolling left <===> right.

Damn annoying.

@ corona - whatever changes you have just made to v1.3.6 result in script errors and unable to launch the add-on, I'm back to v1.3.5, Repo disabled.
Sorry no time to log at the moment.

If you goto the Views tab and unselect the force view, I think it should start keeping your choice, otherwise you can force it to a particular view id. This will depend on your skin. I chose 503 for confluence.

But if you leave it unforced, then it does remember your choice.
I have pushed yet another PR, which properly fixes the TV Shows Activity view. the issue is that Netflix does not provide a way to derive the "series" movie id for a particular episode. You cannot pass an individual episode id to the api to get back a list of all episodes, it causes a failure on the web service call. So I change the listings so they act just like movies. If you click on a TV episode, it will launch that episode, rather than try and load the episodes - which just does not work, and returns the JSON error.

Cleaned up the linux support, so that its optional to use the browser.sh script. By default it will use the chrome launcher as before.

Also added debug support option. This currently is used to print out the URLs that are loaded.
(2014-12-07, 15:42)mzup Wrote: Installed latest update and getting error that I am not logged in when I try to view my list. I checked the credentials and even logged into netflix via chrome to confirm and it still gives same error. Any ideas? Running latest nightly of RC2 and windows 7.

08:38:13 T:6508 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:38:14 T:7676 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
08:38:14 T:7676 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
08:38:14 T:7676 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:38:15 T:1596 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
08:38:16 T:4860 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
08:38:16 T:4860 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=tv&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall
08:38:16 T:4860 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=tv&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall) failed
08:38:16 T:4716 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
08:38:25 T:2660 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false

So now after updating again to version 1.3.6 I now get script error just trying to open TV shows menu:

13:26:26 T:5032 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:26:26 T:5032 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndentationError'>
Error Contents: ('expected an indented block', ('C:\\Users\\sage\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\default.py', 500, 0, '<<<<<<< HEAD\n'))
IndentationError: ('expected an indented block', ('C:\\Users\\sage\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\default.py', 500, 0, '<<<<<<< HEAD\n'))
-->End of Python script error report<--
13:26:26 T:4860 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=main&thumb&type=tv&url
13:26:26 T:4860 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=main&thumb&type=tv&url) failed
13:26:26 T:4276 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:26:27 T:4012 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
13:26:37 T:5892 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:26:37 T:5892 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:26:37 T:7300 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:26:38 T:5584 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.

Can anyone help??
Hi I am running Ubuntu 14.04.01 with Gotham 13.2 and I installed the plugin from pells github page, and it did fix the issue I had with the earlier corona version where the tv episodes were always showing breaking bad. But chrome isn't launching. I have the Chrome Launcher 1.1.1 and it works on its own but when I launch anything from netflixmbc I see a quick notification that disapears before I can read it and chrome dosnt launch. This is the tail from my log, I have tried it with movies and tv shows.

Code:
0:46:38 T:140663879530240  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:46:38 T:140665083635648   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Anchorman%202%3a%20The%20Legend%20Continues&thumb=https%3a%2f%2fscdn.nflximg.net%2fimages%2f6747%2f11136747.jpg&url=70283197
10:46:38 T:140665083635648   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Anchorman%202%3a%20The%20Legend%20Continues&thumb=https%3a%2f%2fscdn.nflximg.net%2fimages%2f6747%2f11136747.jpg&url=70283197) failed
10:46:38 T:140663879530240  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I originally installed the plugin from the link on the first page, and I could get movies to play. I have removed the plugin and gone and deleted the left over information from userdata plugins but maybe I am missing something?
Just another tally for the TV series issue brought up by iorifly. My situation is exactly as DigTheDug has stated it. Click on American Horror Story (or any other series) and it brings up Breaking Bad.
If you guys pull down the latest zip from https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc (v 1.3.6) it has a fix for the TV episode bug in it.
With the latest version 1.3.7 can not list any series
I know that's not right. I spent a lot of time in their last night. All I changed was activity view itself nothing else. Check the logs
I just double checked and definitely working. Be sure to delete your cache (Go into the plugin and go to advanced and Delete Cache) to ensure that the old potentially invalid cached html are removed.

Andrew - the commit add utf conversion back after stripped during merge is not required. If you check the load function it already does the encode before returning. So now its doing two encodes for series info call. Potentially an issue for some OS.

I sent you a MR to revert that commit

(2014-12-08, 22:39)iorifly Wrote: With the latest version 1.3.7 can not list any series

I have noticed that netflix will occasionally time out on the api calls. Not sure whether its just my network connection or not. In that case if you get a failed to load error, you may have to delete the cache before it will load again.

I think there is a bug in the caching code, that it caches even failed downloads of pages.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7