[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-12-16, 06:08)JasonPell Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 05:18)JasonPell Wrote: I will submit a patch to load lirc and then kill it after instead of the browser script. I still think lirc is more complete than kernel ir support

The other benefit is I can disable x11 receipt of these events so things like the power button and others are not acted on by x11 which just makes the whole think more complicated.

Yeah there is absolutely no harm having both our solutions co-exist, yours will work best for some, mine for others!
The way I got around the power button being annoying is remapping it to escape, and we use it more like a back/home button :-)

(2014-12-16, 05:50)pcutler Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 05:34)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 05:14)pcutler Wrote: Thanks for the quick response!

I didn't have a chrome-user-data folder in my plugin.video.netflixbmc directory, so I created it, and then copied the WidevineCDM folder from /Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/WidevineCDM/

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Any other hints to try? If necessary, I think I can upgrade to a Kodi RC (I'm using MySQL to sync my backends and am just conservative about RCs in general)

Oh, I've run ahead of you.... I just realised you're on the released version, not the one with my new user-data-dir stuff.... so yeah my suggestion is not right. If you go to the settings for chrome launcher, is it set to use its own profile? If so, try copying the WidevineCDM folder to userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile/
Or delete the userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile altogether and give it another try.
If the setting is not on, maybe try turning that setting on and seeing if it works.

That worked! The directory was there, but empty. Copying and pasting did the trick.

One last question - everytime NetfliXMBC starts playing, it wants me to choose a profile in the Chrome browser. I do have single account set in the addon settings, but I'm guessing this is different. Any way to stop that?

Thanks again for all the help.

I'm glad that got it going. I think you should enable multi-profile support in the plugin if you have multiple profiles in netflix, that should stop it asking when chrome starts. the plugin multi-profile support used to slow things down in addonscripterde's original plugin but it should be fine with my fork.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by corona - 2014-12-16, 06:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7