• 83(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-12-16, 05:34)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 05:14)pcutler Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 01:54)corona Wrote: Drats, yep I've seen that while I was initially putting the canned user-data-dir together. I thought I had got the WidevineCdm back into it properly, but clearly not.
Until I get a chance to fix it, running this in terminal will hopefully get you up and going:

Code:
cp -a ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/WidevineCDM/* ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/chrome-user-data/WidevineCDM/

However it sounds like you'll need to change Kodi in the destination path to xbmc - I'm running on Kodi rc on my mac.

Thanks for the quick response!

I didn't have a chrome-user-data folder in my plugin.video.netflixbmc directory, so I created it, and then copied the WidevineCDM folder from /Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/WidevineCDM/

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Any other hints to try? If necessary, I think I can upgrade to a Kodi RC (I'm using MySQL to sync my backends and am just conservative about RCs in general)

Oh, I've run ahead of you.... I just realised you're on the released version, not the one with my new user-data-dir stuff.... so yeah my suggestion is not right. If you go to the settings for chrome launcher, is it set to use its own profile? If so, try copying the WidevineCDM folder to userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile/
Or delete the userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile altogether and give it another try.
If the setting is not on, maybe try turning that setting on and seeing if it works.

That worked! The directory was there, but empty. Copying and pasting did the trick.

One last question - everytime NetfliXMBC starts playing, it wants me to choose a profile in the Chrome browser. I do have single account set in the addon settings, but I'm guessing this is different. Any way to stop that?

Thanks again for all the help.
(2014-12-16, 05:18)JasonPell Wrote: I will submit a patch to load lirc and then kill it after instead of the browser script. I still think lirc is more complete than kernel ir support

The other benefit is I can disable x11 receipt of these events so things like the power button and others are not acted on by x11 which just makes the whole think more complicated.
(2014-12-16, 06:08)JasonPell Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 05:18)JasonPell Wrote: I will submit a patch to load lirc and then kill it after instead of the browser script. I still think lirc is more complete than kernel ir support

The other benefit is I can disable x11 receipt of these events so things like the power button and others are not acted on by x11 which just makes the whole think more complicated.

Yeah there is absolutely no harm having both our solutions co-exist, yours will work best for some, mine for others!
The way I got around the power button being annoying is remapping it to escape, and we use it more like a back/home button :-)

(2014-12-16, 05:50)pcutler Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 05:34)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 05:14)pcutler Wrote: Thanks for the quick response!

I didn't have a chrome-user-data folder in my plugin.video.netflixbmc directory, so I created it, and then copied the WidevineCDM folder from /Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/WidevineCDM/

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Any other hints to try? If necessary, I think I can upgrade to a Kodi RC (I'm using MySQL to sync my backends and am just conservative about RCs in general)

Oh, I've run ahead of you.... I just realised you're on the released version, not the one with my new user-data-dir stuff.... so yeah my suggestion is not right. If you go to the settings for chrome launcher, is it set to use its own profile? If so, try copying the WidevineCDM folder to userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile/
Or delete the userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile altogether and give it another try.
If the setting is not on, maybe try turning that setting on and seeing if it works.

That worked! The directory was there, but empty. Copying and pasting did the trick.

One last question - everytime NetfliXMBC starts playing, it wants me to choose a profile in the Chrome browser. I do have single account set in the addon settings, but I'm guessing this is different. Any way to stop that?

Thanks again for all the help.

I'm glad that got it going. I think you should enable multi-profile support in the plugin if you have multiple profiles in netflix, that should stop it asking when chrome starts. the plugin multi-profile support used to slow things down in addonscripterde's original plugin but it should be fine with my fork.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-12-16, 06:12)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 06:08)JasonPell Wrote:

Yeah there is absolutely no harm having both our solutions co-exist, yours will work best for some, mine for others!
The way I got around the power button being annoying is remapping it to escape, and we use it more like a back/home button :-)

I noticed that the chrome launcher already has support for executing a script rather than chrome directly. Perhaps I can dump my changes completely and just use this launcher script with a call to irxevent before and kill all irxevent after
script keeps crashing on my list or many other parts on Linux Mint 17.1
Well I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm having problems having freshly installed netflixbmc 1.3.4 on my gotham pc.

1- No profiles are available. Single user is not checked.

2- When selecting "my list" I get script error

3- When selecting other titles, chrome is launched to this page:
https://www.netflix.com/SwitchProfile?tk...3D70299914

I'm lost with this stuff so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=373847
(2014-12-16, 20:16)sleeplesschris Wrote: Well I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm having problems having freshly installed netflixbmc 1.3.4 on my gotham pc.

1- No profiles are available. Single user is not checked.

2- When selecting "my list" I get script error

3- When selecting other titles, chrome is launched to this page:
https://www.netflix.com/SwitchProfile?tk...3D70299914

I'm lost with this stuff so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=373847

You need to use corana's custom repo: http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip

That'll update you to v1.3.8 which should fix all of those problems.

Quote:Oh, I've run ahead of you.... I just realised you're on the released version, not the one with my new user-data-dir stuff.... so yeah my suggestion is not right. If you go to the settings for chrome launcher, is it set to use its own profile? If so, try copying the WidevineCDM folder to userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile/

Can I get a soulution for Windows? I'm having the same problem and I can't figure out how to fix it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm having a problem with netflix telling me my widevineCDM isn't updated when trying to watch a video. Using Kodi (latest version off the site, not sure of the exact version number), on Windows 8.1
(2014-12-16, 21:15)John814s Wrote: You need to use corana's custom repo: http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip

I had been pulling my hair out for many hours trying to reinstall NetfliXBMC from the original AddOnDescriptor repo because of nothing but problems with the add-on and it wouldn't download from the that repository. I then decided to try out Windows Media Center and found nothing but problems on that front as well.

Corana's custom repo fixed everything! Maybe this should be added to the first post...
(2014-12-16, 23:59)ultimateguy Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 21:15)John814s Wrote: You need to use corana's custom repo: http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip

I had been pulling my hair out for many hours trying to reinstall NetfliXBMC from the original AddOnDescriptor repo because of nothing but problems with the add-on and it wouldn't download from the that repository. I then decided to try out Windows Media Center and found nothing but problems on that front as well.

Corana's custom repo fixed everything! Maybe this should be added to the first post...

It took me a while as well, until I started to search through this thread for answers and realized that people here were talking about v 1.3.8 while I was still on 1.3.4. Then I saw corana's siggy and had a total "doh" moment haha.
(2014-12-16, 21:15)John814s Wrote:
Quote:Oh, I've run ahead of you.... I just realised you're on the released version, not the one with my new user-data-dir stuff.... so yeah my suggestion is not right. If you go to the settings for chrome launcher, is it set to use its own profile? If so, try copying the WidevineCDM folder to userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile/

Can I get a soulution for Windows? I'm having the same problem and I can't figure out how to fix it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm having a problem with netflix telling me my widevineCDM isn't updated when trying to watch a video. Using Kodi (latest version off the site, not sure of the exact version number), on Windows 8.1
My new version should resolve this problem properly, but it's got an issue or two that needs fixing before I can release it.

In the mean time find your userdata folder http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
and your default chrome profile folder, probably in: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\
and copy the WidevineCDM folder from that to kodi userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/profile/

New thread for this plugin: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211574

Please continue all discussions there.

This should help new users and prevent installations of the old broken version.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
wrong thread, sorry, got it working with new version from the post right above this one.
Oops wrong thread
Is there a way to sync the refresh rate to the content using xrandr on linux somehow? What I would LOVE is to implement refresh rate change support across the board, that you would attach extra metadata for refresh rate to each item, stored locally.

Default 60 hz to TV shows, default 24Hz to movies, and let you override it at will per movie, and per TV SHow (not per episode).
@ AddonScriptorDE

I made a dutch translation for your addon, maybe you could add it in a future release?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<strings>
  <string id="30001">Volgende Pagina</string>
  <string id="30002">Mijn Lijst</string>
  <string id="30003">Nieuw</string>
  <string id="30005">Alle Series</string>
  <string id="30006">Documentaires</string>
  <string id="30007">Genres</string>
  <string id="30008">Zoeken</string>
  <string id="30009">Kinderen</string>
  <string id="30010">Onlangs Bekeken</string>
  <string id="30011">Films</string>
  <string id="30012">Series</string>
  <string id="30101">eMail</string>
  <string id="30102">Wachtwoord</string>
  <string id="30103">Enkel gebruikers account (sneller)</string>
  <string id="30104">Gebruik Browser</string>
  <string id="30105">OSX: Browser</string>
  <string id="30106">Linux: Browser</string>
  <string id="30107">Gebruik Control Utitlity</string>
  <string id="30108">Forceer Vertoning</string>
  <string id="30109">VertoningID (Video's)</string>
  <string id="30110">Switch profiel</string>
  <string id="30111">Meerdere profielen gevonden: Kies Profiel!</string>
  <string id="30113">Wie kijkt er?</string>
  <string id="30114">Aan mijn lijst toevoegen</string>
  <string id="30115">Verwijder uit mijn lijst</string>
  <string id="30116">Configureer Control Utitlity</string>
  <string id="30117">Toon profiel selectie bij elke start</string>
  <string id="30118">Serie seizoenen</string>
  <string id="30119">VertoningID (Afleveringen)</string>
  <string id="30120">Doorloop Series in plaats van automatisch afspelen</string>
  <string id="30121">Onafgebroken kijken</string>
  <string id="30122">Toevoegen aan bibliotheek</string>
  <string id="30123">Bibliotheek bijwerken na toevoegen media</string>
  <string id="30124">Verwijder chrome gebruikersdata</string>
  <string id="30125">Verwijder cookies</string>
  <string id="30126">Sorry! Netflix is nog niet beschikbaar in jouw land.</string>
  <string id="30127">Je bent niet ingelogged. Controleer je instellingen en/of herstart de addon!</string>
  <string id="30128">Taal/Land</string>
  <string id="30130">VertoningID (Kijk Activiteit)</string>
  <string id="30132">Verwijder cache</string>
  <string id="30133">Chrome: Kiosk modus niet gebruiken</string>
  <string id="30134">Trailers Afspelen</string>
  <string id="30135">Hoezen &amp; fanart afbeeldingen ophalen van TMDb</string>
  <string id="30137">Webremote beheer inschakelen</string>
  <string id="30138">Bibliotheek locatie (bron)</string>
  <string id="30139">Reset NetfliXBMC!</string>
  <string id="30140">Vergelijkbare Films</string>
  <string id="30141">Vergelijkbare Series</string>
  <string id="30142">Metadata laden</string>
  <string id="30143">Aanbevolen</string>
  <string id="30144">Aan mijn lijst toevoegen!</string>
  <string id="30145">Uit mijn lijst verwijderen!</string>
  <string id="30146">Geen resultaten gevonden!</string>
  <string id="30201">Account</string>
  <string id="30202">Algemeen</string>
  <string id="30203">Vertoningen</string>
  <string id="30204">Geavanceerd</string>
  <string id="30205">Debug Loggen</string>
  <string id="30206">Gebruik Browser Shell Script</string>
  <string id="30207">Windows Instellingen</string>
  <string id="30208">Linux Instellingen</string>
  <string id="30209">OSX Instellingen</string>
  <string id="30210">Browser Instellingen</string>
  <string id="30211">Reset</string>
  <string id="30212">Gebruik Chrome Control Plugin</string>
  <string id="30213">Open Plugin Instellingen</string>
</strings>

For other dutch users, put this in "plugin.video.netflixbmc/resources/language/Dutch/strings.xml"

enjoy!
I know I should read through the thread and sorry for just asking. Does anybody have this working on a Raspberry Pi running RaspBMC?

I have your Repo installed on my Pi using RaspBMC running Kodi. I have the NetfliXMBC installed but haven't installed the Chrome Launcher. Sounds like we just need to get Chromium on to my Pi setup and it will work right?
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7