Skin Updates for TvTunes 4.0.X
Hi All,

I know that several skins include the hooks by default for TvTunes:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes

Version 4.0.0 has just been pushed to the official add-on repo, this version adds several new features and options. The existing hooks in skins should work OK, however there are changes that can be made to improve things or enable new features.

It would be great if skin owners could update their hooks if they are able to:

All the details are available on the wiki, based on the changes needed for Confluence. For ease of reference I will include the details here as well.

MyVideoNav.xml

Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">
    XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)
</onload>

DialogVideoInfo.xml

Add to the top of the file [Triggers the start of the theme playing]:

Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">
    XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onload>

Add to near the foot of the file after the last control statement:

Code:
<control type="button" id="100">
    <description>Fetch TvTunes stuff</description>
    <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
    <label>31127</label>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,mode=solo)</onclick>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes) +
    [Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(movies)] +
    IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("TvTunes_HideVideoInfoButton"))</visible>
</control>

If you do have support 4.0.0 please would you be able to post a message so that I can update the Wiki with Skins that already have built-in support.

Thank you

Rob
thanx for the heads-up!

i've updated both Confluence and Transparency!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie - I have updated the Wiki with the list of supported skins.
SVN version of xTV-SAF has been updated. Will push to public viewable repos in next day or so.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, cool update.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks wyrm - I have added xTV-SAF to the list of supported skins on the wiki
Should work in Amber, as well Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks pecinko - Amber added to the list on the wiki Smile
Unless i'm having a blonde moment there's no way to keep the dialogvideoinfo theme playing optional? It seems conditional onload doesn't do anything since it's already running in the backend mode ran from myvideonav?

Edit: well, it seems the theme plays in dialogvideoinfo even with the runscript only in the myvideonav. Please make this optional, it causes an annoying twitch to the video info slide animation.
(2013-11-25, 18:37)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Unless i'm having a blonde moment there's no way to keep the dialogvideoinfo theme playing optional? It seems conditional onload doesn't do anything since it's already running in the backend mode ran from myvideonav?

Edit: well, it seems the theme plays in dialogvideoinfo even with the runscript only in the myvideonav. Please make this optional, it causes an annoying twitch to the video info slide animation.

Hi SpaceMonkey ,

The onLoad for the info screen will either:

1) Do nothing after the script is called because the theme is already playing (Or TV Tunes is already active)
2) Start the theme if TV Tunes is not active - this is the case when you don't have "Play Theme On list selection" enabled - and load up the Info for either a TV Show or Movie - without being inside the TV Show episode or season selection.

Hope this helps clarify.

Rob

I'm not exactly sure which bit is causing you problems, one thing you could try is changing the onLoad command in DialogVideoInfo.xml

To:

Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes) + IsEmpty(Window(videolibrary).Property("TvTunesIsAlive"))">
    XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onload>

Note: This is untested! Big Grin
Let's try again.. Big Grin

I don't want the theme to play at all in DialogVideoInfo. I have the onload command only in MyVideoNav but the theme plays in DialogVideoInfo as well.

I have "play themes when browsing tv show list" off, i go to tv show root view, enter video info screen directly and the theme will play. I did not go to season/episode level which would trigger the theme.

I've tested with stock Confluence (old Frodo version, so not the nightly with Ronie's changes) and my Confluence mod, same result.
(2013-11-25, 20:46)SpaceMonkey Wrote: I don't want the theme to play at all in DialogVideoInfo. I have the onload command only in MyVideoNav but the theme plays in DialogVideoInfo as well.

This is by design - the view being that if you are in the Information screen for a given TV Show, then you are "Viewing details specific to that TV Show" - so it makes sense to play the theme.

This provides some consistancy, otherwise you would have the case:

1) Select TV Show "Blake's 7" and view the seasons list
2) Theme Starts playing from the start
3) Go into season 1
4) Theme continues playing uninterupted
5) Select the info for episode 4
6) Theme stops playing
7) Return to the season 1 episode listing (i.e. you were just reading info - not going to play it)
8) Theme starts playing again, but from the start again

Now imagine that you wanted to read the details of each episode (i.e. looping 5 to 8) - you would have the theme constantly starting and stopping - which isn't a very nice user experience.

I hope this helps clarify why it is like it is.

Rob
Added support to XBMC Immersive. Cool script by the way!
Thanks Sranshaft,

Is your skin not on the official repo yet? In which case, do you like in the meantime the following link to appear in TVTunes' list of supported skins?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139712
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-11-26, 00:42)capfuturo Wrote: Thanks Sranshaft,

Is your skin not on the official repo yet? In which case, do you like in the meantime the following link to appear in TVTunes' list of supported skins?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139712

No, it's not in the official repo and doubt it ever will be. It uses Segoe UI and as it's not an open-source font, it's not allowed. I'm looking into starting a repo of my own to push updates but haven't had the time. Just updated the OP to include TvTunes in the Supported Addons and if you could add it to the list of supported skins, that'd be great as well. Big Grin
@Sranshaft: you got it! Thanks for supporting TVTunes and for making Rob's VideoExtras compatible with XBMC Immerse so it could support all its new features as well as the new 'Detailed List Screen'. That is great.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Updates for TvTunes 4.0.X0