Introducing the new Add-on Website
Lightbulb 
XBMC is a comprehensive piece of software in its own right, but what really gives it power, is the ability to extend the features beyond the normal application through 3rd party Add-ons. In the recent times we have encouraged more users to develop these Add-ons, with over 450 currently in the official repository. Many more Add-ons are scattered in unofficial repositories around the web.

You can install an Add-on from inside XBMC by simply browsing the official repository and clicking through the XBMC GUI. What we have been missing for a long time is a way to discover these amazing extensions to XBMC through the web. So without further ado.. we introduce you to:

http://addons.xbmc.org

Some features:

- Source Code Links
- Forum Links
- Download stats
- License Details
- Icons
- Search box (top right)
- Random Add-Ons
- Recent, new and popular lists
- Developer charts

We have grand plans for the website in the future including screenshots, a developers upload area, user ratings/reviews, development tutorials and direct donation links so people can finally be rewarded for their work. If you have any suggestions please feel free to comment below or in the dedicated thread on our forums. As with all parts of XBMC, the Add-On website is opensource and available on GitHub account to download and contribute to. We would also like to remind current Add-on developers to update their addons.xml with the relevant information to show on the website.

NOTE: This website only shows Add-ons uploaded to our official repository that have passed our submission process

(blogpost link: http://xbmc.org/introducing-the-new-add-on-website/ )
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Nice. I'm sure a central repository will add some user friendliness points and remove some mystery as to where the plugins are.

Reminds me of this:
http://www.meedios.com/OpenMAIDOS/
Yes and the first thanks go to Meedo LLC
French Kodi translator on Weblate
come on guys (ccrocker,skypichat )...

....please stop your trolling
(2013-11-26, 00:21)blubberhoofd Wrote: come on guys (ccrocker,skypichat )...

....please stop your trolling

Trolling? I though it was just referencing that Zag used to do similar work for meedios. I've used ideas from their wiki that Zag told me about as well. He does good work.
This is a very good idea indeed: addons are what give XBMC much of its power/appeal so centralization here is a very good thing.

Plus the site itself is really nice looking. Kudos!
(2013-11-25, 06:12)ccrocker Wrote: Nice. I'm sure a central repository will add some user friendliness points and remove some mystery as to where the plugins are.

Reminds me of this:
http://www.meedios.com/OpenMAIDOS/

Indeed Just trying to bring XBMC up to speed Smile

The references above relate to the fact that Meedio had one of the first "add-on directories" many years ago, even before some of the app stores you see today from commercial companies. I've worked on it and so have many others over the years.

XBMC has long needed one in my opinion.
Hoping it doesn't come to explode bandwidth. Wink
I spent my time to fix OpenMaid for that and It's now fixed.
And completely linked to Phpbb. Finally the server where OpenMaid is can work with a little bandwidth knowing that all MeediOS update their plugins automatically via the API, which is finally functional.
French Kodi translator on Weblate
Excellent work, am sure many of us will find this very useful.

Many thanks for putting in the time and effort to deliver this, it is much appreciated.
Great work guys, this is excellent.
No complaint here, this site will be very handy. However some addon authors just don't give enough info. I assume the info on the website scrapes from the contents of the addon.xml in each addon. This is understandable, but does it add any more than another way to see what I can already view in the xbmc gui itself?

As an example I cruised around the addon site and this took my eye:

http://addons.xbmc.org/show/script.ibelight/

I thought it MIGHT be something to do with lighting control, something I have been playing with. But is there any indication of what it actually does? No.

The "Description" is a non clickable url

The link to wiki docs link simply links to a wiki page that says how to install it (doh, if I am this into addons, I know how!)

There is no forum discussion, source code or website link.

So all kudos to the addons.xbmc.org site, looks fan-bloody-tastic, and will be a great help to many, but until addon authors do better to document their addons, the site will be limited. Can something be done to enforce a bit more info from the authors before allowing them into the official addon repo?

Cheers, I hope that didn't sound too negative. I realise after a proof read that this is probably a request for better info from addon developers than a comment on the new site, but it still seems a good time to raise it as deficiencies in info will become even more apparent with the greater exposure to addons that the new website will bring Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yep I'm sure Add-on authors will update their info soon now we have a site which publicises their Add-ons much more.

But in the end its up to them.
Looks great but, for me at least, all links to mirrors.xbmc.org timeout.
Using wget I see that my Berlin (Germany) address is being refused.

Resolving mirrors.xbmc.org... 212.110.166.220
Connecting to mirrors.xbmc.org|212.110.166.220|:80... failed: Connection refused.

Using a server in the States was fine for 3 wget instances, then that too was refused.
Is there some wild ban policy?
mirrors.xbmc.org is down, they're fixing it.
Thx but I can not even instal xbmc Is the server still down ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Introducing the new Add-on Website1