EventGhost: Using two IR-receivers at the same time
Hi ya'll,

I have EventGhost set up with a Hama remote with IR receiver (link)
I recently purchased the same remote and IR receiver again to be able to use them in my bedroom as well,
but I thought it would be as simple as plugging it in, guess not.

I cannot get EventGhost to use the same configuration with both identical IR receivers.
I have to unplug one IR receiver and move the one IR receiver to the other room and reload the configuration
in EventGhost. Is there another way to get both receivers working?

Thanks and have a great day!
Anybody?
From your description I guess you have two PCs and two IR receivers. The new IR is not working in your bedroom PC using eventghost, but works in the other PC. Check the status of 'HID' in both systems by right clicking the mce plugin > Configure Item > Disable HID service for this remote (recommended).
It's actually just one HTPC I want to control with my remote control in both my living room and bedroom.That's why I have two IR receivers.
Even if the remotes may appear identical, their hardware ids may be different in the device manager. This may be the reason why eventghost is not working with the two IRs with the same configuration.
Is there a way to get it to work? I don't want to unplug the IR receiver everytime...
Anyone?
Not possible, windows only allows one it device.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
So even if I bought another remote, say, a complete different remote, it would not work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EventGhost: Using two IR-receivers at the same time0