Gotham cleanonupdate
Oh, I deleted a physical tv show episode to test, but after to run Settings -> video -> clean.. the entry still in library.

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=98587

Any suggestion?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Having the same problem here,
cleanonupdate in advanced settings, not working anymore since I moved in the december nightlies.
Not exactly sure which date...

I'm having a script muxing downloaded subs into a mkv for xbmc to detect the sub. (for showing if the episode has a subtitle in the skin)
I now have every episode double Smile
Luckily I have a raspberrypi on the same mysql database still on a november build Wink

Will attach a log when I get home....

edit:
Log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=99366

edit2:

I've updated to a 20131221 build (archlinux aur package 'xbmc-git'), started with a new .xbmc directory and a new mysql database.
No more problems, cleanonupdate functions as it should.

So somewhere my setup got borked.
being it my database, the git update fixed it, or a multipath wich I removed (before the update) I don't know.
I blame it on the cost of using nightlies Wink
Interesting kiekeboe. The issue persists here. Tested with today build 20131223. (Settings -> Video -> Clean library...)

Would be good a dev response here. I can't see a related bug opened in github.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
okay tinybutstrong,
so it is not a git update magically fixed it.
did you also setup a new userdir and database?
Bugs are not opened on github only trac.

There is a delay for instance when sources need spinning up and are unavailable. and if these sources dont becaome available the data is removed from library taht is contained in those sources.
Well, I removed a whole season to test, but cleaning take no effect to remove episodes from database. What can I do now?

Few builds ago it was working fine. I want to help XBMC find the culprit before Gotham goes final.

ps: I'm testing always Settings -> video -> clean..
Ok here is a new debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104731

Took just 34s:

Quote:13:26:20 T:1004 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 00:34

Found nothing relevant, except this line:

Quote:13:26:20 T:1004 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning paths that don't exist and have content set...

Someone to analyze the log?
(2014-01-02, 17:44)tinybutstrong Wrote: Ok here is a new debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104731

Took just 34s:

Quote:13:26:20 T:1004 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 00:34

Found nothing relevant, except this line:

Quote:13:26:20 T:1004 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning paths that don't exist and have content set...

Someone to analyze the log?

What exactly is the problem? Does it not clean something or does it take too long? From the log I see that it tries to access an HTTP source at http://192.168.25.2:10246/MDEServer but fails so if this is one of your source paths you should have seen a prompt asking you whether to remove all items from that source or not.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have committed a fix (see 5da031f4d89c5ff09365c1d2b3d85608ef951eaa) for library cleaning with file-level sources, which wasn't properly working anymore. This doesn't have anything to do with the speed of cleanonupdate though (if that is still an issue).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi Montellese,
Installed latest git yesterday evening, (with your commits), and setup a new database. I think this is mandatory? To get the missing root path back in the database?
anyway, everything seems t work as expected so far. I removed some episodes and it gets cleaned ok from the database (and not losing the root path or the content setting)
Thanks for the (fast) fix....
I'll post again if anything comes up.
ps.
I never had an issue with the speed with cleanonupdate, my issue was not cleaning the database with cleanonupdate in advancedsettings.xml, and losing the content settings.
(2014-01-06, 11:24)kiekeboe Wrote: Hi Montellese,
Installed latest git yesterday evening, (with your commits), and setup a new database. I think this is mandatory? To get the missing root path back in the database?
anyway, everything seems t work as expected so far. I removed some episodes and it gets cleaned ok from the database (and not losing the root path or the content setting)
Thanks for the (fast) fix....
I'll post again if anything comes up.
ps.
I never had an issue with the speed with cleanonupdate, my issue was not cleaning the database with cleanonupdate in advancedsettings.xml, and losing the content settings.

Thanks for the feedback.

You don't have to setup a new database if you lost your source root path. You just need to go to Videos -> Files and use "Set content" from the context menu on the source that was accidentally removed.
(2014-01-06, 11:50)Montellese Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.

You don't have to setup a new database if you lost your source root path. You just need to go to Videos -> Files and use "Set content" from the context menu on the source that was accidentally removed.

Ah, I see.. I couldnt find it in phpmyadmin after resetting content Tongue
No matter, had to set up a fresh database anyway because most of my movies when scanned to the database came in as watched. (with a date in the past).
Probably something to do with the trakt.tv addon, still finding out.
(2014-01-05, 10:59)Montellese Wrote: What exactly is the problem? Does it not clean something or does it take too long? From the log I see that it tries to access an HTTP source at http://192.168.25.2:10246/MDEServer but fails so if this is one of your source paths you should have seen a prompt asking you whether to remove all items from that source or not.

192.168.25.2 is just another machine in local network, probably something related to Windows 8 Homegroups sharing stuff. Just ignore it, the htpc content in on same machine.

I'm always running manually the "Clean Library" from home submenu on my Skin MQ5 or in Settings -> Video -> Clean... I have cleanonupdate in advancedsettings disabled until I figure out the issue.

Installed today build, the content set config were erased, configured again "Set content.." for movies/tvshows, but the problem persists, the clean library took just 35s:

Quote:20:36:19 T:200 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 00:35

Full debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106972

All invalid content still in library, I removed few item from physical location just to test.

(2014-01-05, 16:16)Montellese Wrote: I have committed a fix (see 5da031f4d89c5ff09365c1d2b3d85608ef951eaa) for library cleaning with file-level sources, which wasn't properly working anymore. This doesn't have anything to do with the speed of cleanonupdate though (if that is still an issue).

The sped isn't the main issue, the function is just broken on my end. What can I do to help you guys to find the culprit?

Thank you.
Odd that the issue with the source content still persists for you as I got several reports from different users that it is working again.

The best thing would be to
  1. get your setup back into a proper state
  2. backup your MyVideos77.db file (in userdata/Database)
  3. remove some files which are part of the library (and let me know which ones)
  4. manually run library cleaning
  5. get the debug log
  6. backup the changed MyVideos77.db
  7. upload the debug log and both backups of MyVideos77.db to some place where I can download them
Being able to see what has actually changed in the database makes it much easier to follow the problem.
Montellese, Before to try these steps, I confirmed a behavior. The cleaning is failing only for TVShows episodes!! Tested few movies, were removed fine.

Removing a full tv show also is working fine, just is failing if you remove few episodes.

Can this help clarity something?

Yes, tested more 10 times before to post here. Can you test it to confirm please?

ps: maybe this has relation with current bug where Gotham is not returning extrafanart path when browsing a tv show season (need a skin that supports it, MQ5, Aeon Nox, etc.).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham cleanonupdate0