Gotham cleanonupdate
(2014-01-07, 02:11)tinybutstrong Wrote: Montellese, Before to try these steps, I confirmed a behavior. The cleaning is failing only for TVShows episodes!! Tested few movies, were removed fine.

Removing a full tv show also is working fine, just is failing if you remove few episodes.

Can this help clarity something?

Yes, tested more 10 times before to post here. Can you test it to confirm please?

ps: maybe this has relation with current bug where Gotham is not returning extrafanart path when browsing a tv show season (need a skin that supports it, MQ5, Aeon Nox, etc.).

Just to be clear (before I try to reproduce it), these are the problems your seeing
  • Deleted episodes are not removed from the library
  • Content of tvshow sources is reset after a library cleaning
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

1. Deleted episodes are not removed from the library
  2. Content of tvshow sources is reset after a library cleaning

1) correct.
2) don't folow, if you mean the "Set content" of source, then no, that config were erased after to install last Gotham build. Cleaning the library doesn't alter it.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
I'm having the same issue as tinybutstrong; TV episodes aren't cleaned from my library.

Say an episode is added with a basic name (Blue Bloods - 4x13.mkv), then the file is renamed (episode name added - Blue Bloods - 4x13 - Unfinished Business.mkv) and the library is updated. There are now two entries for that episode, and neither a clean triggered by cleanonupdate or a manually triggered clean remove the entry that doesn't work anymore.

Would a debug log help, or are the previous ones sufficient?

Also, I haven't trashed my DB files yet, as I don't want to lose the watched statuses, but will do if someone says that'll fix it!

Edit: Am running the latest test build of OpenElec, which is based on the tip of XBMC master (82f3fe7). It's on a Pi, with files shared via NFS. Files view correctly shows only one instance per episode, while the library still has both.
Good to see someone else confirming the issue. I'm sure the bug exists, but don't know how to report officially, seems that only posting here on forums isn't enough.

Montellese, we still waiting your feedback.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
@tinybutstrong and @Smenus: I tried to reproduce the issue but it behaves correctly on my end.

If I rename an episode and clean the library, the old entry is removed and the episode isn't listed anymore. If I then update the library the new file is picked up and scraped and appears in the library.
If I rename an episode and update the library (with clean on update) the old file and episode is removed and the new file is picked up and scraped and appears in the library.
If I just remove the file, both a manual clean as well as clean on update remove the file from the library and the episode isn't listed in the tvshow anymore.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thank you for the effort Mr. Montellese. I confirm the fix on today build. Something changed since last week to cleaning working now.

Only an issue persists, it is so slow:

Code:
13:45:47 T:2168  NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 01:31:34

1 hour and 31 minutes :|

Not sure if this is a bug or the culprit is my system.
You will likely see that one of your sources is not available and that in the log you omit to pastebin XBMC is stepping through all the entries in this unavailable source one by one.

If so, its the current XBMC behaviour.

Ony a guess because of experience with updating lib when source is unavailable does similar, so I expect cleaning lib behaviour is same.
I made a special build with extra debug output concerning the timings of the separate steps being done during the clean database process. You can download it from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...leandb.exe. Nothing has changed in behaviour just some extra debug logging. Maybe this helps us figure out what is taking so long.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham cleanonupdate0