• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Metroid
Hi, great work, any chance or fattening up the elapsed time / seek bar as this is very difficult to use one touch screens and Android phones / tablets.

Also is there any way to get the Video player controls into the music player, dont think this is skin related though.
XBMC was never intended for smartphones as far as I know. Altering the skin may very well ruin the experience on larger screens. For tablets I would recommend Touched or reTouched, which work great.
Just tested...

I like the movie views - especially Poster View. When you have 10inch touchscreen with 1024x600 you can hardly see good posters. This type of view allows it and displays most of all artwork in library.

When playing any media, volume control is just out of reach. Thats the main reason why i reverted back to Re-touched.

Audio and video buttons dont do anything on touchscreen. Mouse clicking solves the problem. It seems that audio/video menu shows and immediatelly hides.

it would be good to have "back" on exactly same position (lower left corner?). I would also try less irritating icons for video control.

Overall is touch control good, but some controls are too sensitive, others seem to be too resistive Big Grin
I didn't do a version bump for these small fixes, so you need to replace the old xml's, or wait for the version bump.

(2014-03-06, 18:59)stoolzo Wrote: Hi, great work, any chance or fattening up the elapsed time / seek bar as this is very difficult to use one touch screens and Android phones / tablets.

Also is there any way to get the Video player controls into the music player, dont think this is skin related though.

I have increased the height of the invisible touch area of the seekbar in the VideoOSD. Let me know if it's not enough.

And the music player has almost the same player controls, but the buttons are located on the right side of the screen instead of at the top. Are they not showing up?

(2014-03-06, 21:06)Offler Wrote: When playing any media, volume control is just out of reach. Thats the main reason why i reverted back to Re-touched.

Audio and video buttons dont do anything on touchscreen. Mouse clicking solves the problem. It seems that audio/video menu shows and immediately hides.

I assumed volume control on a touch device is done by the hardware buttons? Do you mean the volume in the audio settings in the VideoOSD or the audio offset maybe? Or can you take a picture?

I found the flaw in audio/video menu with the buttons, it did immediately hide due to a hidden button getting focus. Fix has been uploaded.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
please ignore.
Looks good overall, but I find the top bar doesn't look as sleek. Reminds me of the ugliness of Android Gingerbread whereas the rest is more like Ice Cream Sandwich+.

Just a suggestion but maybe the top bar would fit better darker and with a different font.

Keep up the good work.
Quote:I assumed volume control on a touch device is done by the hardware buttons? Do you mean the volume in the audio settings in the VideoOSD or the audio offset maybe? Or can you take a picture?

I found the flaw in audio/video menu with the buttons, it did immediately hide due to a hidden button getting focus. Fix has been uploaded.

I am using Netbook with touchscreen - Lenovo S10-3t. It does not have any hardware buttons for volume control, since it was designed to work as a PC in the first place. So if I want to control volume in "tablet mode" only choice I have is Mute button. However it does not allow to fully control volume in this way.

I prefer this type of volume control:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxjBhK7JL04

(sorry for posting video of different skin here). Simple slider with 0-100% of volume visible when playing media. In Audio menu its possible to adjust volume, but having it on the frontscreen, and properly shaped (small displays) is choice I prefer.

Anyways most XBMC skins designed for touchscreens still had cursor, which is unnecessary. Possibility to turn if off would be nice.

Also ability to turn off "update library" buttons. My netbook has very low resolution so less buttons = better space usage.

Thanks for the fix, I will try it.
No hardware buttons? Didn't know that was a thing. Well that is definitely something that needs fixed then. So, done and done. Change uploaded.
Skin settings -> options -> Show OSD volume bar. (And mouse/touch needs to be enabled).
Not sure if i'm happy about the positioning of the one in the music OSD though.

Quote:(sorry for posting video of different skin here).
No worries. As long as you don't post any skins Hitcher made. Just kidding.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Nice.

Lets hunt some bugs... Smile Well, not everything here is a bug, only suggestion.

When skin asked to "using on tablet" I replied "yes".

a) when playing a movie, the volume slider reacts on tapping, but not sliding. Volume slider in audio player does not have this trouble.

b) You are right that volume slider when playing music is not very well placed. It would be nice to have exact same position as in video view. Adding some icon ( speaker icon? ) can simply hint to the user what is it for.

c) In "poster view" I can slide the posters in direction "from right to left". If I want do it in opposite direction its possible only throught slider.

d) Icon View / Multiple browsings. The Slider to browse throught episodes is on the left. I am-right handed, so when i try to browse, my hand is covering my view Smile Maybe I just have to learn to use thumb of left hand. When using stylus it may be uncomfortable.

e) My display has very low resolution. 1024x600. So when I click on "Settings" there is no way how to slide on the bottom of the left panel menu. On PC mouse scrolling can solve this, however not possible when using only touchscreen.

f) I wanted to set English localization (I prefer slovak, but the skin seems to get finished before using other localizations), but..emm... no mouse to scroll? Smile

g) I opened "information" on TV series. I see Play, Continue, Return, Thumb and Close. When i click on "thumb" and then "close" images flash on screen and then i see an empty screen. I have to "touch and hold" which equals "rightclick" to get back. "back button" does not work. Something similar happens when I click on "thumbnail". I can read info about movie/Tv series, but I can get back to the previous screen.

If I click on any face of an actor it will briefly returs to previous screen, but "search results" will appear. Clicking "close" on them will result in same "empty" screen. Selecting a result will correctly navigate to selected episode.

h) I have an ISO of Schindler's List. The movie has 4 hours and it was separated into 2 disks. In re-touched i had possibility to switch between them. How it works here?

i) When I select audio/video when playing a media, the controls remain present on screen, but while focus is on "selected" screen they cannot be used until window is closed. The transparent window is nice, but... the letters may be unreadable depending on the underlying video. (I see a looot of snow, or fog, or clouds, but letters are almost invisible). Edit: Audio menu has dark green background. Video menu has transparent background, bookmarks menu too.

j) Player controls... I believe they can be "always visible" when any media is being played. Volume control here (behind some button) would be nice, Fullscreen button too. Then those controls can be moved from left menu bar.

k) When music is playing in fullscreen, "first touch" to make menu visible will cause to display it briefly (less than a second). Second touch on the display will make it appear for a normal time period.

l) "Weather" settings seem to be broken. I am using Weather underground. This happened on both my PCs. On Tablet and desktop so its not related to small resolution. Also even when Weather is present in the right upper corner, clicking on it will not open weather info. I would be more effective as having weather in menu.

m) Intro screen of "gotham" seems to be conflicting with "loading" graphics of this skin. No impact on the stability, it just does not look nice. Its flashing for a while...

Enough for today, because when I start I can hardly stop Smile
a) Sliders are identical except for the rotation. If this is cause by the rotation this is not something i can fix in the skin.
b) They can't be in the same place because that spot is already taken in by music OSD and lyrics.
c) Can scroll both ways by hoovering mouse just fine. But will test once i can borrow a tablet again.
d) Having scrollbar on the right will cause overlap problems for tv boxes.
e) You should just be able to scroll in the main menu without a slider. I could, last time i tested.
f) No translations available yet. And you should just be able to scroll in that list without a slider. I could, last time i tested.
g) Confirmed bug, will fix.
h) Not sure what you mean. Perhaps: settings -> video -> file lists -> combine split video items
i) That is how XBMC works. Focus can only be on the top visible screen, even if you can see things from a window underneath.
i) Confirmed bug, background image not visible, will fix.
j) They can not. Player controls is a transparent window. If it is visible you can not control anything underneath.
k) Cant confirm until i can borrow a touch device.
l) Will make weather icon a button. You can already hide it in the menu. Setting are likely not skin related.
m) They are just fading into each other. Not priority.

Edit: Fixes + version bump uploaded. Let me know if problem is not solved.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
a) Ok.
b) Ok.
c) I realized that scrolling back is by hovering mouse to the LEFT from the big poster. Some graphic element (such as < ) may hint this.
d) Ok.
e) Retried. I also unchecked "lock menu" if its related but no. Main menu does not seem to scroll. (PC version)
f) Same as above.
g) No change. I will made more detail description how to reproduce. There is more than one way how to archieve it, so i will separate them and focus on this. For now the biggest issue...
h) I realized it. If movie is splitted into two disks/files i have to "rightlick" on the item and select "play part". On touchscreen archievable by "touch and hold".
i) What about "click outside window and it will close automatically, and item underneath will be activated"? Easy to say, but i really can hardly imagine how to write such stuff Big Grin
i2) Fixed. Bookmarks and video menu have visible green background.
j) OK
k) Ok.
l) Other skins are working fine with Weather underground settings...
m) Ok.

Edit:
I also tested how video controls works with Live TV.

Slower, Pause, Faster - Does not work

Previous/next - Select channels
Stop - Closes video
Info - Works perfectly based on EPG.
Volume control works fine as well.

Other buttons work as expected, their purpose may be questionable (bookmarks?)

Missing (when compared to confluence)
Record button
Channel List
Teletext (Available in NextPVR plugin)

Note:
n) if XBMC started with Confluence skin, and I selected Metroid, Video/Audio and Bookmarks menu in video screen backgrounds were all transparent. Repeatable even when I started with metroid, selected confluence, and returned back to Metroid skin.
e) Okay so if the Windows version while using a touch screen does not behave like a touch version of XBMC (like android), then really it is mouse support you need. Because you may be using your finger but it probably behaves like a mouse, not like touch. Problem with a mouse is that focus is all over the place, which is why many tv skins don't support it. For example Metroid's main menu slides out if it gets focus, now as soon as you would grab it's scrollbar the main menu would lose focus and slide back in. So.. I can add a scrollbar for when it is in the locked state. But you are still going to run into this problem in other windows as well.

What you really want is a Windows version that handles touch the way android does.

i) The whole idea was to make as much as possible available from the main menu. Now it's maybe one extra click for you. But if i put them permanently on screen they (and general flow) becomes very annoying if you only have the four arrow keys to navigate. Also other windows, like the music info window overlap the same space.

g) Tried fixing it differently this time.

l) Do you mean the addon settings (settings -> addon -> weather -> config)? Or inside the weather window where you see the forecast?
Because I don't have the map and weekend forecast ect coded in there.

Nothing has been coded yet for PVR / LiveTV. And not sure if I will, because I have no idea what i would use it for without a receiver.
I will dig into it when i have moved to the dev repo.

n) Think I fixed it.

No version bump. So manually copy the xml files.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
e) This may also vary for different windows versions. In Win 7 it acts as "click, hold and move" with a mouse. wheel up/down acts as page up/down.

l) Its Weather underground "configure" screen, when you are setting up the location so yes its "settings -> addon -> weather -> config".

i) ok.

g) + n) Will check.

on Live TV:
I have TV tuner in that netbook, but to make XBMC to watch TV you need PVR addon for software which usually acts as media server. So to watch TV on my netbook i have to send stream to 127.0.0.1 and connect PVR plugin to loopback.

This also means that you dont need receiver on the device. You just need IP address of mediaserver which streams LIVE TV...

In case of this skin the "Info feature" has something I was looking for a long time. I like to switch between the channels, and check what is in TV. This feature tells me what kind of show, if its series there is also description ...

I will make a screenshot to better describe the impression.
e) Btw i did put the scrollbar in. But it is invisible and only works when the main menu is locked. It's on the right side where the shadow is. And i've added a setting to prevent the sub menus from auto closing if focus is lost.

l) Did you mean the categories (location setup, advanced options) not always showing for wunderground? That is fixed.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Weather underground settings:
http://slayershrine.wz.cz/weather.png

LIVE TV with "INFO":
http://slayershrine.wz.cz/TVepg.png

I like when features works even when are not planned to work Smile

e) Works. I also noticed sliders in other windows where they were previously missing.

g + n) Works.

Weather "Icon" works. When "global search" enabled weather icon is hidden under it. Not much issue I think.

Edit:
Today I try to focus on other bugs (if any). Once fixed I will think about features.

o) Settings > Video > File lists > Default select action = Show information
Selecting a movie on "Home screen" will play/resume it automatically regardless of the settings. There is no such feature for music files/library in XBMC...

p) Audio files in library
Once library created (files are added to library) "Party mode" button appears on top of home menu. When "My music" is disabled it dissapears, when enabled it appears again. I believe it deserves switch of its own.

q) Actors
How does this look like on higher resolution?
http://slayershrine.wz.cz/lowres.png
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Metroid5