• 20(current)
Feature Requests
The changes are merged into Kodi 15 nightly builds now so one way would be to lift it from the Nightly android builds
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2015-01-11, 02:31)tolax Wrote: Any chance of an Android client build for Kodi (AFTV). It does not seem to be included in the current Kodi build and I was struggling to find a download. - Thanks again for all you guys do.

Cheers

Tolax

Last I checked it was due to the name change. The merge did happen because I was able to download the client from installing a nightly. See this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207817

New feature request from me. Live TV remotely through Kodi. MB3 is already doing it. Plex is getting there quickly. Kodi is the only one. Smile
Hey guys,

Is there still research being done to reduce how long it changes to change channels? Just wondering.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
In the on-the-fly remux to ts format that we need to do for live-streams, I think we have squeezed everything out of that we can, I doubt we will ever make it much faster than it is now. We continue to come up with ideas to not have to convert to ts at all, but so far we have not found anything that works. We might have a break though some day. However if we could get an ffmpeg programmer to work with us, I'm confident we could solve the problem and speed it up significantly.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
You could probably find someone on Craigslist, haha Smile

Thanks for the info. The channel changing doesn't bother me...but Im trying to sell this to my parents and it bothers them, so I was just wondering Smile
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
Also, dlna mode, speeds up channel change up as fast or faster than wmc, if you have a tuner that supports it.
Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a HDHomerunPrime does this support DLNA mode? Will i still be able to get the guide and all the options?
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Yes, it does. See this post for instructions on configuring: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210673
Hey guys, long time no see.

I moved to a new place and the only content provider here is ATT Uverse, so my HDhomerun Prime was no longer of use so I ditched all of my HTPCs...And then Sling TV was announced...so I'm ditching my Uverse boxes in favor of Nexus Players. I'll be using an antenna with the HDHomerun Extend tuner to grab local channels.

The nexus player is a box that runs Android TV with an x86 chip. This is a nifty little box to run Kodi on, very responsive.

All of that to say...what are the chances we could get the pvr.wmc frontend compiled for android x86?
pvr.wmc is included in official Kodi builds (of which there are android x86 platforms available) so it should already be there. If you cant install Kodi android x86 directly you might have to rip the files out of th edownload and copy them in place on your box
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Boom!

Yeah it's there...I guess I was thinking back to the days before you guys were included in the official builds!

Thanks.
Here is a feature request that I hope is possible.

In my plan to cut the cord with Dish and use Kodi/WMC/WMCServer for everything, my wife is asking if a feature on the Dish Hopper can be duplicated....

Dish has a feature called Prime Time Anytime, where all shows are recorded on CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC daily during prime time from 7pm - 9pm (or 10pm EST). I would imagine that WMC Server would need to read the EPG for the needed time periods, create timers for each show (hiding them from normal timers) and record. Obviously at least 5 tuners would be needed, four to record and one to watch live if needed. The shows could be stored in a folder similar to the special movies folder (called Prime Time or something similar) and then the shows displayed title\episode...

The timer should pick up duplicate or reruns, and the end user would simply delete (or save) watched shows as they desire. Possibly, the code should look at one week of EPG at a time (maybe each Sunday night at midnicht) for the upcoming week, delete old and create new timers for the upcoming week as there could be changes, special shows, etc.

For anyone leaving using the Hopper by Dish, this would be a huge WAF. while I am not a programmer, I'm very computer/Kodi savvy and would be more than happy to help design/define/test, etc.

Rob
(2015-04-04, 05:53)robmich Wrote: Here is a feature request that I hope is possible.

In my plan to cut the cord with Dish and use Kodi/WMC/WMCServer for everything, my wife is asking if a feature on the Dish Hopper can be duplicated....

Dish has a feature called Prime Time Anytime, where all shows are recorded on CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC daily during prime time from 7pm - 9pm (or 10pm EST). I would imagine that WMC Server would need to read the EPG for the needed time periods, create timers for each show (hiding them from normal timers) and record. Obviously at least 5 tuners would be needed, four to record and one to watch live if needed. The shows could be stored in a folder similar to the special movies folder (called Prime Time or something similar) and then the shows displayed title\episode...

The timer should pick up duplicate or reruns, and the end user would simply delete (or save) watched shows as they desire. Possibly, the code should look at one week of EPG at a time (maybe each Sunday night at midnicht) for the upcoming week, delete old and create new timers for the upcoming week as there could be changes, special shows, etc.

For anyone leaving using the Hopper by Dish, this would be a huge WAF. while I am not a programmer, I'm very computer/Kodi savvy and would be more than happy to help design/define/test, etc.

Rob

It isn't really possible with Kodi - out of the box.

As you know, you'd need to add that many tuners.

Also, you have to find and add your own TV plugin to record or watch.

So the question becomes, "Can a plugin do all those things?"

Answer: Not that I've found. Windows Media Center is the only one I've found that detects New/Rerun shows, so Kodi/WMC/WMCServer would be what you'd want.

To record all prime time, you would have to set up daily recordings in WMC to record each channel during those times.

It would be nice if something existed in the "ditch Dish and Cable" field that wasn't always so much Techie Hands On, but it doesn't seem to be out there.
Interesting feature! @jp2code you are right that it would be hard (but probably not impossible) to make the kodi client control this feature, but there is no reason why this couldn't be enabled in swmc itself through its gui. This seems like a set-it-once and rarely-change type feature, so setting it through swmc instead of the 10 foot interface seems reasonable to me. What do you think robmich?

Another question for @robmich, what happens if a show doesn't start within 'prime time' but does end during prime time, does it record?

The more I think about, I think avoiding duplicates would be simple.
(2015-04-04, 18:43)krustyreturns Wrote: Interesting feature! @jp2code you are right that it would be hard (but probably not impossible) to make the kodi client control this feature, but there is no reason why this couldn't be enabled in swmc itself through its gui. This seems like a set-it-once and rarely-change type feature, so setting it through swmc instead of the 10 foot interface seems reasonable to me. What do you think robmich?

Another question for @robmich, what happens if a show doesn't start within 'prime time' but does end during prime time, does it record?

The more I think about, I think avoiding duplicates would be simple.

I figured this would be more of a backend (swmc) item as once you set the time parameters and such, it would not change. Any show that starts prior to the prime time (PT) window but ends within the defined PT windows would not be recorded. A show that starts in PT but ends outside of the window would be recorded.

Not knowing the inner workings of swmc, I think the logic of the feature could be something like this:

1. At 0001 hours each Sunday, the EPG data for the upcoming week (Sunday - Saturday 1900 - 2200) would be parsed and the timers created in WMC and stored in whatever format is needed, possibly hidden from the other timers to prevent a giant list of timers presented to the end user.

2. The timers for simplicity would default to New and Rerun, this time, this channel. However, duplicates would be noted and squashed.

3. Throughout the timers run, record and store as normal. The would be stored in the same manner as recordings are stored now and a not flat display:
Show Title
Episode 1
Episode 2
Etc.

The timers could even be a "record once" rather than "series" as they would follow the EPG listing and all old timers would be deleted when the new timers are created as laid out in #1 above.

Just thoughts....

Rob
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1