• 11(current)
Amber for Gotham - Support thread
(2014-05-15, 10:07)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 18:27)yunti Wrote: I'm new to trying Amber as a skin but really like it. Is their support for playing trailers (as per confluence and other skins)?

They work for me.

I may be being a thick, but I can't see them in the video info page as per other skins (or side menu)_ I'm using upnp so maybe that is causing the issue - but actually I can't see the option on the server end either?
should be on the the video info screen. it's a bit of a long way round, but it's there.
I've just upgraded to gotham and amber skin is saying iincompatable.
also Istream can't configure anymore.
Is Istream compatable with gotham as it says stable.
DO I HAVE TO REINSTALL EVERTHING ?
(2014-05-15, 18:45)CrazyMAzeY Wrote: I've just upgraded to gotham and amber skin is saying iincompatable.
also Istream can't configure anymore.
Is Istream compatable with gotham as it says stable.
DO I HAVE TO REINSTALL EVERTHING ?

Check for updates in settings/addons and you should be good.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hello there,

thank you for amber skin. It looks awesome!

I've got two questions:

Is it possible to make the covers smaller?:

And is it possible to show the movie information a few seconds after selecting the movie?

Thank you and best wishes! Smile
1. No 2. Use pull down for gallery
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hello Pecinko,

Just a heads up regarding new DialogVideoInfo control statements for TvTunes and VideoExtras for Gotham (there are some changes in the arguments. For clarification read here). They both now support music videos, besides usual movies and TV shows:

TvTunes: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...eoInfo.xml
VideoExtras: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

Have a good one!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-05-13, 11:37)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 12:42)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 12:06)VanZan Wrote: There's an option in the settings I believe that allows you to make Amber wait until the Home shelf is loaded. I'm guessing at the moment you have it set so that it boots up ASAP and then waits for the shelf. That's my guess anyway but I've only been using the skin a few days! Big Grin
I assume you're referring to Settings->Advanced->Fast Start ?

I'll try enabling that on my Pi and see what happens. I'm a little dubious though because we are talking about a minute delay or more on a Raspberry Pi, and if I press Exit just a few seconds after the background first appears the home menu displays and is fully populated, but I'll try it anyway and see.

(2014-05-12, 15:56)pecinko Wrote: Yup, fast start option will skip waiting for widgets script.
Well that does seem to have done the trick - on booting the Raspberry Pi the delay with the orange background before the home menu appears has gone from over a minute to zero. Smile

As I don't use any home shelf items anyway (all turned off) I don't see any visible loss by enabling fast start. Strange that it is waiting for the skin widgets script when I do not have any shelf items enabled ?

When I tested this option with some shelf items enabled they do not appear at all on first boot (even if I leave it a few minutes) but do appear after going to another menu and back again - I guess that's to be expected with Fast start enabled ?

I am having a similar issue, background loading but no menu unless you press back/exit

This was related to DialogOK being displayed: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1700988

Any ideas Pecinko?
Hi,

Thanks for the beautiful skin. I have one minor comment:

Recently added/on deck TV Show icons on the home screen seem to be very low res or very granular. Is there any way to get higher quality icons. There is excellent quality fanart/icons available once you are in the submenus, just not on the home screen.

The recently added movie icons on the home screen look great.
(2014-05-20, 20:43)phizz Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the beautiful skin. I have one minor comment:

Recently added/on deck TV Show icons on the home screen seem to be very low res or very granular. Is there any way to get higher quality icons. There is excellent quality fanart/icons available once you are in the submenus, just not on the home screen.

The recently added movie icons on the home screen look great.

Are you using plexbmc addon?

(2014-05-20, 11:14)trimmtrabb Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 11:37)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 12:42)DBMandrake Wrote: I assume you're referring to Settings->Advanced->Fast Start ?

I'll try enabling that on my Pi and see what happens. I'm a little dubious though because we are talking about a minute delay or more on a Raspberry Pi, and if I press Exit just a few seconds after the background first appears the home menu displays and is fully populated, but I'll try it anyway and see.

(2014-05-12, 15:56)pecinko Wrote: Yup, fast start option will skip waiting for widgets script.
Well that does seem to have done the trick - on booting the Raspberry Pi the delay with the orange background before the home menu appears has gone from over a minute to zero. Smile

As I don't use any home shelf items anyway (all turned off) I don't see any visible loss by enabling fast start. Strange that it is waiting for the skin widgets script when I do not have any shelf items enabled ?

When I tested this option with some shelf items enabled they do not appear at all on first boot (even if I leave it a few minutes) but do appear after going to another menu and back again - I guess that's to be expected with Fast start enabled ?

I am having a similar issue, background loading but no menu unless you press back/exit

This was related to DialogOK being displayed: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1700988

Any ideas Pecinko?

No, not at all. If someone would explain what is needed on skin side I would implement it but I have no idea what could be wrong.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi, having a strange problem.
On my main TV skin I can't populate the empty slots in the home menu settings. It just ignores me clicking on it - all I can see in the log is me clicking on it.
I can disable and re-enable the pre-existing home menu items within this setting page.

I have 3 other instances running on other PCs and a Pi all working fine.

Maybe not the correct place to post as I also tested this on Black Glass Nova skin and seeing the same thing.

thanks!
thanks for the nice skin, i ditched aeon nox 5 for this

one thing if u can make, is while choosing movie on big panel screen, use plot summary instead of storyline while in movie info screen use storyline like "infowall" on aeon nox?
Hi guys, so I have a 76 year old grandma who likes to have all of her favorite tv shows easy to access from the home screen.

BUUUT come to figure out there is a 10 item limit on the favorite tab (WHY!!!!Huh). So she can't see all of her shows.

For now my work around is to create custom buttons from the favorites folder by making the tv channel an actual button:

Example Amber HomeScreen Setup:

Videos--->playlists, addons
TV channel
TV channel
Favorites-->10 TV channels
TV channel
Settings

I tried messing with smart playlists but it seems impossible to filter those 15 channels from the rest. All I want is a way to have all 15 channels linked to the homepage, is there a way to get rid of the useless limit?

Example Dream Amber HomeScreen Setup:

Videos-->playlists, addons
Favorites--> 15 TV channels
Settings

(not too complicated for mah grandma eh?)

So thank you pecinko for the skin, but this is a serious limitation of the skin/I have tried everything to find a solution but to no avail. Also, the "guide" button or "favorites" button on my TV remote is nonexistent so I can't pull up the favorites that way.

Thank you!

Never mind, I just fixed it by disabling "Home Shelf" and "favorites" from the settings tab.

Thank you anyway!
you could have also just added those shows to favourites it would only be one extra click to go from favourites from main menu it would then bring up the list of favourites which could be as many shows as you like

ALSO

I posted in another thread but it may have been missed so would this request be possible??

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=195570
Hi pecinko,

First of all, I really like your skin! It's awesome!

1) Now I have a question/an idea: Is it possible to only show the Home Shelf if the user presses Up/Right (depending on home menu orientation) and hide it again after pressing in the opposite direction? I really like the customizable backgrounds, but they are almost completely behind the shelves.

Is this currently possible? Could this be a new feature to implement?
I saw this in anoter skin, but I don't remember in which one exactly.

2) Also, I'm missing the little "Now Playing" controls, while something is playing in the background. If I want to go back to the playback, I have to press TAB on a keyboard. Thing is, there isn't always a keyboard nearby... Did I miss anything, or how am I supposed to return to the playing item?

Thanks again for this great skin!

Best regards,
Chris
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Gotham - Support thread2