Multiple Recording Directories
I have limited hard drive space in my TV server and would like to be able to set up a script to move recordings from my TV server to my unRAID server at a particular time of day. I would want to be able to watch these shows in the Live TV tab of XBMC and then be able to delete the show when done watching. I'd record directly to the unRAID server but I am afraid that the network and/or the unRAID will not have the bandwidth to handle the 4 shows that I am capable of recording at once.
(2013-12-03, 02:50)sgibbers17 Wrote: I have limited hard drive space in my TV server and would like to be able to set up a script to move recordings from my TV server to my unRAID server at a particular time of day. I would want to be able to watch these shows in the Live TV tab of XBMC and then be able to delete the show when done watching. I'd record directly to the unRAID server but I am afraid that the network and/or the unRAID will not have the bandwidth to handle the 4 shows that I am capable of recording at once.

I don't think wmc will let you record to anything but a local drive anyway.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-12-03, 02:55)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-12-03, 02:50)sgibbers17 Wrote: I have limited hard drive space in my TV server and would like to be able to set up a script to move recordings from my TV server to my unRAID server at a particular time of day. I would want to be able to watch these shows in the Live TV tab of XBMC and then be able to delete the show when done watching. I'd record directly to the unRAID server but I am afraid that the network and/or the unRAID will not have the bandwidth to handle the 4 shows that I am capable of recording at once.

I don't think wmc will let you record to anything but a local drive anyway.

I believe you can if you set up a symbolic link. But I don't think that I would have the bandwidth anyways hence wanting to run a script to move recording to my unRAID server in the middle of the night and watching them from there.
You can add a network share as a recorded tv folder then any recordings in it will show up
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
WMC will only record to a local drive. Personally I use robocopy set up in a BAT that runs on a schedule (task scheduler set to run the bat at 11pm every night). Robocopy is handy because it is free with Windows and it deletes the original files only when the transfer is successful.
What about WMC backend sever being able to handle multiple directories with tv recordings
WMC - whether located on a server or client - can only record to one location on a local drive. Recorded content (.wtv) can be shared remotely with clients either via ServerWMC within XBMC, with WMC on a client (using smb shares) or even just adding that network location as a media source in XBMC as it supports wtv.

ServerWMC is simply a conduit from a remote installation of WMC to XBMC. You are still limited by WMC for actual recording locations.

The really nice thing about using ServerWMC is that you can have WMC installed only on your server - which also (should) house your network drives. When you set the recording location in WMC to a local drive on the server this local drive can then be shared via smb to any client on your network.

For example - on my server WMC recording is pointed to G:\Recorded TV. This G drive is shared on the network via SMB. So it shows up on all my clients as \\Server\TV Shows\Recorded TV (where smb share name is TV Shows for this drive).
I don't think I'm explaning my self well enough.

I still want to record localy then move the recordings to a network location at a later time. I want both the recordings on the local drive and the remote location to show up in the XBMC Live TV recordings at the same time
ServerWMC allows only a single recording location to be used. If you use WMC this can be done but not via this add-on atm.

What you could do as a work around is add a media source within XBMC to point to both the network and the local drives and use this as your default 'Recorded TV' location.

Otherwise you might want to add this to the feature request list.
(2013-12-03, 20:01)sgibbers17 Wrote: I don't think I'm explaning my self well enough.

I still want to record localy then move the recordings to a network location at a later time. I want both the recordings on the local drive and the remote location to show up in the XBMC Live TV recordings at the same time
As stated above this works, you just need to add the network location to the WMC Recorded TV Library in WMC settings (WMC settings, not the server or client settings)
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-12-03, 20:38)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2013-12-03, 20:01)sgibbers17 Wrote: I don't think I'm explaning my self well enough.

As stated above this works, you just need to add the network location to the WMC Recorded TV Library in WMC settings (WMC settings, not the server or client settings)

Yes. Another way to say it is wmc can only have one 'recorded tv' folder - the folder that new recordings are put on. But wmc can have many 'watched' folders. Wtv files stored in watched folders show up in wmc's 'recorded tv' section.

Serverwmc works with this setup, reading it directly from wmc.

The steps are
1) first add a watched tv folder to wmc - if you need this folder to be visible by remote clients, make sure you add it as a network path, not a local path.
2) restart serverwmc, it will find the watched folders and display them in the folders tab under the 'recorded tv' folder. In xbmc, all these recordings - stored in different folders - will show up as 'recordings'.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Oh and credentials again..... make sure both/all network paths use the same user/pass

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Recording Directories0