Tvheadend 4.0
Actually I was under the impression that with regard to Timeshift things were getting worse. This is not entirely unexpected, I don't use it myself anymore (I watch very little live TV, though still occasionally wish I could use it when I do), so if things are starting to fail I probably don't notice.

With regard to channel listings, sounds like an error/mis-config in XBMC, try using the suggestion from ProfY.

Not sure how many live streams I've played out at once, but I've certainly recorded 8+ HD movies simultaneously, I was trying to see where my CPU would max out on decrypt (It's only a a dual 1.8G E350). I'd imagine that without decrypt involved it you're streaming live you'll max out when you hit the network bandwidth. With decrypt it could be before that if you're running on low spec CPU like myself.

If you're interested in doing some development, as ProfY said, best thing is to get me on IRC.

Adam
I've recorded two channels while watching a two others on two computers simultaneously (using XBMC). tvheadend is unbreakable (the web interface is the weakest link, there are some things you can do there that will lock up your tuners).
I'm running tvheadend for two days now and I'm getting use to it. After 3 years MythTV I can say that technical, on the frontendsite, it is working fine for me. Concerns I mentioned in my previous post are no longer concerns any more, except time shifting.

We don't watching live TV often because we are use to "automatic record" most of the programs we like to see, but if I do than it would be great that it works with skip forward/backward.

Some issues (better to place it somewhere else ...?):
- MythTV alows to specify the amount of programs to keep stored. For example we "automatic record" Dutch News program, but we are not interested in news of more than two days ago. Automatically delete old records would be great;
- As already mentioned by other people the web interface is not always behaves predictable. Some cells in the datagrid, on different places, show other contend when the cell is selected.:
---- Menu: DVR->Automatic Recording column "Starting arround" shows another time, when selecting, then it is not selected.
---- Menu: Configuration->Channel/EPG->Channels column "EPG Source" shows the wrong XMLTV entry, but when selecting it it seems to be OK.
- Ordering of menu items. I need to specify the networks first before i can assign them to a Switch port.

Overall i like TVHeadend.
Quote:- In XBMC the listed channels are not always the same?! sometimes i see only a part of the hole range;

LOL: it is a feature not a bug. In Options menu, XBMC pressing Live TV - TV Channels - Options(go left), pressing on TV Channels is toggeling over Channel groups (Tags in TVHeadend)
(2014-02-21, 12:39)Meindert Wrote: - MythTV alows to specify the amount of programs to keep stored. For example we "automatic record" Dutch News program, but we are not interested in news of more than two days ago. Automatically delete old records would be great;

You should be able to achieve that by creating a separate recording profile for your news recordings. You'll need to select the profile to use when creating the autorec profile, you can sadly not change it afterwards (unless that has been fixed in tvheadend 4.0).
It is possible to change profiles in 4.0 but the help describes this ...

DVR Log retention time (days)
Time that Tvheadend will keep information about the recording in its internal database. Notice that the actual recorded file will not be deleted when the log entry is deleted.
Yeah, but you could use the profile to put them somewhere else, and cron them out of existence as needed. You don't even need a separate profile to do that - if you set your default profile to create subdirectories based on channel, for example, then it's easy to have a scheduled job just look into that folder for a particular title string ("NL1-Niuews" or however the programme is named) and delete them based on file timestamp or the date/time embedded in the file name.

Using a separate profile does mean that you can clear out the news recording records every 24 hours, and then deleting the files won't cause error entries in the "Failed Recordings" tab. Your default recording profile records could then stick around for 30 days or however long you want to keep the entries.

If you wanted to be really brutal, you could probably use the same cron job to delete the DVR logs associated with the old news programmes, and then restart tvheadend so it forgets about them totally.
I write a script and use it as post processing command in the profile. But actualy it would be better to have this as standard option in TVHeadend Wink
Is it working with dvbhdhomerun and ATSC? When I tried the 3.9 download it couldn't tune channels.
I like tvheadend but decide to go back to MythTV for the following reasons:
- Channel locking is not trustable. Sometimes it is not possible to get a lock for particular satalite channel at ones, after some tries it works;
- Priority for specific tuner is not working for me;
- EMM handling is not working in my configuration. After 15 seconds running mythtv / sasc-ng with oscam and the card is updated;
- Time shift recording not working decent.

For me I prefer TVHeadend in combination with XBMC above MythTV, but than i need to solve the above described functionality.
(2014-02-27, 22:03)Meindert Wrote: - Channel locking is not trustable. Sometimes it is not possible to get a lock for particular satalite channel at ones, after some tries it works;

It works every single time for me. It sounds like a misconfiguration.

(2014-02-27, 22:03)Meindert Wrote: - Priority for specific tuner is not working for me;

The higher the number, the lower the priority. Yes it's completely non-obvious.

(2014-02-27, 22:03)Meindert Wrote: - EMM handling is not working in my configuration. After 15 seconds running mythtv / sasc-ng with oscam and the card is updated;

It has worked fine for me since day one.

Granted all of these issues could be bugs in the new version, I'm still using the old stable builds.
Ok i give the latest stable version of TVHeadend a try, and this version tells me that Astra 3 has Faint/Bad signal on most of the multiplexes. No idea why other software handles this well. It seems that i have a hardware configuration problem.
To make a long story short there was a problem with the connection of the switch, the one that is connected to adapter #0. Also generated muxes where not correct for the channels I had problems with. Now it seems that channel locking is no problem for me any more but ....

After restart of the computer the muxes are wrong again ??
You'll need to expand on "muxes are wrong" - is this a showing as a new adapter, have you added them manually or used the 'add by location' function, etc.

Maybe start a new thread as well, as this was really intended as for the announcement/progress of the new version, I think, rather than a catch-all support thread.
Agreed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend 4.01