Confluence Stripped
(2014-03-21, 05:04)Greg_ Wrote: How was the change to Gotham, both with the new features of Gotham, as well as adjusting your skin to work with it? Like you, I've mucked around and combined a few skins to make my own disjointed thing. My primary goal was to have the rightlist menu, add the clearlogo & clearart in specific places and have kiosk mode enabled.

What do you mean when you say you are modding more efficiently? I'm still using Notepadd++ and typing things by hand, and I'm dreading the switch to Gotham. I've likely forgot most of the things I've done and I'm concerned about how long it will take me to get things back to the way I like.

I just went through the most important changes in the Gotham skinning changes list in two days and copied some little things from the new Gotham Confluence. Most of the base is still Eden Confluence. The biggest changes were the integration of the subtitle script and the moving of update library button to the sidebar, so Gotham doesn't really break skins so badly as I feared. Metadata Actors was the only skin-related addon I had problems with but I got it working by fiddling with the addon.xml (removed the requirements).

There's a lot of work to be done to make it a real Gotham skin. For example the posx and posy positioning haven't gone anywhere. I know it's a stupid mentality, but I'm still going more or less by the "if it works for me it's perfect". I can't promise full Gotham compatibility for now, but I'm running it without problems.

I'm using nano on my linux htpc via ssh, Notepad++ would be a big step forward Smile I have even done some small fixes with my phone just before going to sleep. By modding more efficiently I meant that the changes are less prone to break things and the code is easier to read compared to those thing I began with. I can't really remember are there any examples left of those ugly fixes I made in the early days.

BTW, I made little changes and bugfixes last night, uploading the zip right away.

Small things I'm not proud of:
- The subtitle flagging in movie/episode media info view works great when sorting by year or title (99% of my own use), but some other sortings cause overlap
- The recently added music albums / video toggling somewhat works, but when showing the music videos, the albums come back when the list loses focus. It would be nicer to have a real toggle that keeps the last selected view visible, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. (I tried <onup>Skin.ToggleSetting(ShowMusicVideos)</onup>, a dummy button for the same thing etc but they caused different problems)
- Some fonts (plots in various views) may be too large for some people. I'm thinking of adding a new font set for those with a big-ass tv
You could use conditional slide for the flags.

<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-50,0" time="200" condition="StringCompare(Container.SortMethod,Duration)">conditional</animation>

Adjust animation as needed, and compare localized string if needed.
Thanks, Container.SortMethod was the magic word I was looking for.
Hi
I like your mod confluence.
Very neat.
I have been modding my confluence for a while.
Done many fixes to my liking such as shortcuts and all. One of the few things I want add is a time label during Fullscreen video playback.
Could anyone tell which xml file I mod and after what I put the label details?
I've updated the skin a bit again. Now there are 3D flags in video library and studio and record label logos in info screens + much more (see changelog). There's also an option for settings to go directly to Appearance, where other settings are available via sidebar. I myself like this behavior a lot.

I'd like to add the "Group movies in sets" toggle from XBMC video settings to the video library sidebar, does anyone know can the system settings be toggled in skin like this?

(2014-04-10, 04:57)shawonmq Wrote: Hi
I like your mod confluence.
Very neat.
I have been modding my confluence for a while.
Done many fixes to my liking such as shortcuts and all. One of the few things I want add is a time label during Fullscreen video playback.
Could anyone tell which xml file I mod and after what I put the label details?

Hi, what kind of time label are you thinking of? The file would be VideoFullscreen.xml but the place there would depend on where you want it positioned and when the label should be visible. If you want the label to be shown always the right place would be right in the beginning before the first <control type="group" id="1">. If I recall correctly you should always have some id for controls in this file.

Edit: Another little update. I personally don't like to see the player controls because my remote has play/pause etc buttons. One of the early ugly fixes was to remove them completely, but today I managed to get them back and add a skinsetting to enable them if you like. I think the skin would be somewhat more usable with a keyboard when doing it like this. 3D osd button has been added as well. I have to convert the new OSD images to monochrome, but I'll upload the zip after that's done.
Version 1.1.7 uploaded. I don't think there's any reason to keep the "for remote control users" in the title anymore, because the skin is fairly usable with a keyboard now. Unfortunately some things with widgets etc break down mouse compatibility quite badly (in addition to some close window buttons I've removed) and I don't think I'll ever try to fix them.
I can't enter settings of this skin. All menu positions but changelist are disabled. I use keyboard because i'm testing it on pc. Or maybe key up doesn't work?
Sorry for late answer but you're right if you mean the add-on information window: everything else is disabled but the change log. I just noticed it myself, don't know yet why it's like so but I'll try to look into it. Did you install the zip via xbmc or just extract it into profile dir? The skin settings should be available via appearance settings.
Edit: Seems I'm a bit tired Smile You can't uninstall or disable the skin you're using which is why those options were greyed out. None of the skins I have installed have skin settings button available through add-on information. Does it otherwise seem to be working?
The link for the Frodo version = Error 404 :\
(2014-04-28, 11:12)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: The link for the Frodo version = Error 404 :\

Sorry, reorganized my dropbox and forgot to update the link here. Fixed!
Could we have an option to have the bar at the middle instead of bottom
Sorry, but no. Or I don't think I'll ever do it, because it would require a lot of repositioning: widgets should be smaller, submenus should be on the bottom of the menu bar etc. It would also somewhat break my idea of unobstructed media view in the main menu. The consistent bottom bar with changing content is kind of the thing I built this skin upon, I'm sorry if you don't like it that way.
Version 1.1.8 fixes some tiny annoyances and switches to roboto font set as default (previous font set still available). Screenshots updated in the first post.
(2014-05-18, 12:59)Arzk Wrote: Sorry, but no. Or I don't think I'll ever do it, because it would require a lot of repositioning: widgets should be smaller, submenus should be on the bottom of the menu bar etc. It would also somewhat break my idea of unobstructed media view in the main menu. The consistent bottom bar with changing content is kind of the thing I built this skin upon, I'm sorry if you don't like it that way.

Understand your point.
I like the skin. It's fast and light on the rPi.

I have another issue. Skin widgets is installed but I don't see it when I am on movies.
(2014-05-18, 16:45)suku_patel_22 Wrote: I have another issue. Skin widgets is installed but I don't see it when I am on movies.

I was away for a week and had similar strange problems with the widget when I came back. It started working again after a couple of reboots (and I installed 13.1.beta1 afterwards) and I haven't had time to find out what's wrong. If anyone could explain the bug I'd appreciate it.

Nice to know it works smoothly on rpi Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Stripped0