Auto play next episode TV
OK, so Netflix on Roku has a very nice feature. When you finish watching an episode of say Breaking Bad. The next episode auto plays after 15 seconds of the last one stopping. It also displays the background image and synopsis for those 15 seconds. I thought I'd hate the feature but it turns out to be awesome for binge watching shows (watchign a number of eps back to back). Is there a way to do something like that on XBMC? Could someone point me in the right direction?
There is a option for this in settings, but it does not work as description.

Play next video automatically only works if shows are in a playlist I think or usb drive.

I would love this feature! + pressing a button, say "N" for next could skip to the next available Tv Show in season.

Needed for binge weekend Tv sessions or trying to cram as many episodes in after work before bed without warping time.
you can already do this. go to your tv show, bring up the context menu, play from here.
(2013-12-09, 08:26)Javlin Wrote: There is a option for this in settings, but it does not work as description.

Play next video automatically only works if shows are in a playlist I think or usb drive.

I would love this feature! + pressing a button, say "N" for next could skip to the next available Tv Show in season.

Needed for binge weekend Tv sessions or trying to cram as many episodes in after work before bed without warping time.

Play next automatically should work for just about any list of videos. Even add-on content, depending on the Add-on.
I am looking to add this as an option in my addon (LazyTV); having an episode intro screen before playing the next episode.

It has a service constantly running, waiting for TV Episodes to play, so I should be able to add it there.
You can also do this by using the "official XBMC Remote" app on IOS. Not sure if it's offered for Android. You can build a que of shows you want to watch and it commands XBMC to automatically play them. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it works great.
Sorry to somewhat necro this post, but I have added the feature the OP mentioned to my LazyTV addon which could use some external testing. Once set it applies outside of the addon, so works for general TV watching.

Simply put, LazyTV notices when you are watching a TV show and prompts you once that show finishes if it was able to find the next unwatched episode in your Library.

Works for both Frodo and Gotham (though the auto-closing prompt looks much better in Gotham).

Details in this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1628802

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto play next episode TV0