TV shows not getting added
Specifically Season 4 of modern family and several others.
I use theRenamer tool and have it set up exactly like all the other seasons (seasons 2 and 3 are successfully scraped).

It seems to be limited to the mkv files that I have (season 4 is mkv and season 2 and 3 are avi) but other than transcoding them I don't know what I can do!

I've removed the source and re added it - didn't work
I've tried to do a library update on everything - didn't work

My log file is attached,
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=94897

Or Try this one (it should be the same - first time using log uploader)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=94896

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks!
Try selecting Modern Family in XBMC, bring up the context menu, and select "scan for new content". That will focus XBMC's scan on the Modern Family folder, and it will check even if XBMC doesn't think there has been file changes.
This is what you need to do

- Locate another .mkv video of any kind in your XBMC, for example Homeland s01e01.mkv ( make sure you can visibly see that file in your XBMC)
- Rename to "Homeland s01e01A.mkv"
- Copy/Move "Modern Family s04e0?.MKV" to the homeland folder
- Rename the Modern Family episode to "Homeland s01e01.mkv"
- Start "Homeland s01e01.mkv" on XBMC
- Enjoy Modern Family Season 4

I am going through this problem as well, I find it terribly annoying and my library has become extremely disorganized!
Looking for a solution.
(2013-12-09, 02:37)Ned Scott Wrote: Try selecting Modern Family in XBMC, bring up the context menu, and select "scan for new content". That will focus XBMC's scan on the Modern Family folder, and it will check even if XBMC doesn't think there has been file changes.

Tried that - didn't work.

I don't see the files in the File Manager Either.

(2013-12-09, 12:42)zstar69 Wrote: This is what you need to do

- Locate another .mkv video of any kind in your XBMC, for example Homeland s01e01.mkv ( make sure you can visibly see that file in your XBMC)
- Rename to "Homeland s01e01A.mkv"
- Copy/Move "Modern Family s04e0?.MKV" to the homeland folder
- Rename the Modern Family episode to "Homeland s01e01.mkv"
- Start "Homeland s01e01.mkv" on XBMC
- Enjoy Modern Family Season 4

I am going through this problem as well, I find it terribly annoying and my library has become extremely disorganized!
Looking for a solution.

It seems like it's not limited to Modern Family but all .mkv files within my library.

Have you found a solution yet?

Looks like others are having similar issues:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179967
This seems to be related to xbmc.org server/mirror problem:

Code:
05:11:47 T:3041362464   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting addons://all/xbmc.metadata.scraper.tvshows
05:11:47 T:3041362464   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(addons://all/xbmc.metadata.scraper.tvshows) failed
05:11:49 T:2917917760  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
05:11:50 T:2926306368 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
05:11:50 T:2926306368   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
05:11:50 T:2926306368   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/metadata.tv.daum.net/icon.png

Anybody know how to fix this?
Bump - Anybody know what is going on? Still not fixed!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=98312 is my new log.
It shows that it performs a OpenDir on season 4 in line 904.

But nothing comes back for a VideoInfoScanner (lines 975+)

Please help if you can.
Check the folder you have set as a source. Make sure it still has content and scraper set.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
It still does when I look via Windows.

The File Manager on XBMC does not show any files however.
Could you do me a favor and go to the folder in windows that doesn't appear to be visible to xbmc, then do the following.

Switch to details view.

Right click the empty space to the right of the column headers.

Select More...

Scroll all the way down to Sharing Status.

Select it and for good measure also select Shared With.

Hit OK.

Now, are the files that XBMC can't see listed as shared?

Bonus question: is there any chance you are using sickbeard?
Here's screenshots of what you are requesting - I haven't noticed any differences between any of the files.

http://imgur.com/a/FhXAL

Also - I don't know what sickbeard is.
That was extremely helpful. For some reason, Windows is sharing the folders of each episode, but not the episode itself. I asked about Sickbeard because the last update of that particular application did exactly this same thing. You said you were using the renamer tool. Is there any chance it was updated recently? Possibly right around when the problems started happening?
The quick fix is to go to this folder.

Do a search for ' * ' without the quotes, select all files, and share them as you normally would the top folder. It won't fix future episodes, but it'll manually make all the current episodes visible to XBMC.
** EDIT ******************

Now XBMC can see the files but they won't actually PLAY.

I'm working on getting the debug log up now. It will be a little bit.

I got XBMC to SEE the files, Now I can't get them to PLAY

What I had to do was this:
My file structure was:
Media folder -> TV -> Series -> Season # -> S04E01 -> Video File.

I started selectively sharing by right clicking on a folder -> sharing tab -> Advanced Sharing... button ->
Check the box "Share this Folder" then click OK.

So first I did the Media Folder - that didn't work, the XBMC couldn't see the files still.
Then I did the S04E01 folder - that worked. I could see the file.
Then I did Season 4 folder - Worked again.
Then I did Series folder - worked again
Then I did TV folder - that worked as well.
SO I went and unshared all of the previous folders I just did besides the TV folder.

Then added the TV folder as a Video Source.

All of it worked like a charm!!

SO THE ISSUE WAS WINDOWS SMB not actually sharing ALL the folders like it should have been.

It could be too deep (too many subfolders) or it could be that Windows sucks. Who knows.

Thanks all for your help!

Especially you NateThomas!! I knew we'd figure it out eventually! If I knew how to +rep you I would in a heartbeat!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV shows not getting added0