• 41(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
If it was set to filter multicast before that would definitely block bonjour name announcements. Why it's still not working I don't know, I've never used DD WRT before.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
The even stranger thing is that both my PC's are able to be pinged by their bonjour name. This worked with "filter multicast" on or off.

So it seems it's a multicast wifi issue. Just my guess.
Yes, most likely multicast filtering is only applied to wifi, because multicast packets over wifi results in either broadcast packets at a low wireless speed, or the multicast packets are converted to individual unicasts for all listening clients that are subscribed to the multicast group. (Which can consume a lot of wireless air time)

Home wireless routers generally pass multicast by default, but enterprise wireless networks usually block multicast by default.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
I forgot to mention that "filter multicast" setting is for WAN. I could not find any multicast setting for LAN.

My wifi configuration is current set to "bridged". If I set it to "unbridged" more options are displayed. Multicast Forwarding is one of them. After googling, it seems you only need to mess with this if you have multiple subnets as bonjour does not work with multiple subnets.
Hello Memphiz, team,

Just wanted to report one abnormal behavior of AirPlay when comparing to other playback devices:
When I AirPlay music from iPhone to XBMC and then within XBMC start playing any other source like video/audio - the source of AirPlay continue to send audio to XBMC, but it is not playing it. When I stop playing the video/audio (that has interrupted AirPlay) - XBMC is idling, but AirPlay source is still sending audio. If I stop and start audio at source (iPhone) - nothing happens - silence. iPhone believe it is streaming audio, but XBMC is not following anymore. I have to switch AirPlay target on iPhone from XBMC to local and then back to XBMC in order to restore streaming.

If I compare with streaming to AV receiver - then when I change source on AV receiver - iPhone puts streaming on pause and switch off AV target.

I would appreciate the following behaviors instead:
XBMC send pause back to AirPlay source (iPhone/iTunes) before starting playing another video/audio and then:
1) when another video/audio is stopped - switch back to AirPlay and send pause/play signal again to restore play
2) if above not possible - then disconnect the source from XBMC, so that iPhone/iTunes is back to it's internal speakers

Thanks for looking into this. Cheers
There is no paus/play we can send back (not for audio - this bi directional communication is only available on video/pictures for us). Consider reporting your issue to

https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay/issues

This is the library we use for audio streaming. And atm it doesn't expose any functions for telling the client to play/pause or to abort the client streaming.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you Memphiz,

I have raised issue: Pause audio streaming #30 at shairplay Github.
I apologize if this has been said before as I have not read every page of this thread. I was just playing with the movie box 3 app and it seems to handle non mirroring airplay. It might be different case but it seems to be providing the similar functionality of ice films. Would it possibly apply to xvmc and could you possibly collaborate?
I just found the solution for my problem with airplay-ipad-xbmc (stopping of spotify transmission after 3-5 minutes). The problem was cu lyrics add on. So I uninstall completely cu lyrics and any other skin which uses lyrics crawlers and I left confluence skin only. After that spotify keep up playing without any problem.
AFAICS this is still an issue. My old ipad 1stG on ios 5.1.1 works fine playing audio and video content via airplay, but ios 7.1.2 doesn't Sad.

xbmc 13.1 (HEAD of the Gotham branch) is running on Debian sid. flame (some zeroconf browser app on the iphone) shows me _airplay._tcp. on port 36667, "features 0x77". Avahi Discovery (running on another Linux box) shows me a link local IPv6 address for the xbmc host, which I can ping6. I can also ping hostname.local in IPv4.

I am sure this is all Apple's fault, not playing nicely with others, but I wonder if this thread is still alive?
Post your log file.
The log files are too huge for this forum. You can grab the sample sessions from http://afaics.de/sample/. xbmc.log.1 shows a working airplay session for my old ipad and ios 5.1.1. xbmc.log is about ios 7.1.2.
Below you can find the tcpdump of the MDNS queries for ios 5 and 7.

http://pastebin.com/x6GeHxxC

http://pastebin.com/xDXDvZPY

Hope this helps.
Harri

edit by memphiz: moved crap to pastebin
(2014-07-08, 00:30)Harri Wrote: The log files are too huge for this forum. You can grab the sample sessions from http://afaics.de/sample/. xbmc.log.1 shows a working airplay session for my old ipad and ios 5.1.1. xbmc.log is about ios 7.1.2.

You don't have permission to access /sample/ on this server.

use pastebin.com please

also those tcpdump sessions don't help a bit. ( what am i supposed to look for in there - it only shows the XBMC announcements which are totally unrelated to the used client ios version - but always the same of course).

Also for your (all) information. It looks like apple will completely "remove" XBMCs airplay capabilities once ios8 is out. There are some hints to the fact that only airplay targets with encryption/mirroring support will work with ios8 which will basically turn XBMCs airplay implementation useless.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-07-13, 16:11)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 00:30)Harri Wrote: The log files are too huge for this forum. You can grab the sample sessions from http://afaics.de/sample/. xbmc.log.1 shows a working airplay session for my old ipad and ios 5.1.1. xbmc.log is about ios 7.1.2.

You don't have permission to access /sample/ on this server.

use pastebin.com please

also those tcpdump sessions don't help a bit. ( what am i supposed to look for in there - it only shows the XBMC announcements which are totally unrelated to the used client ios version - but always the same of course).

Also for your (all) information. It looks like apple will completely "remove" XBMCs airplay capabilities once ios8 is out. There are some hints to the fact that only airplay targets with encryption/mirroring support will work with ios8 which will basically turn XBMCs airplay implementation useless.

Any more updates on iOS8 killing airplay?? That would be sad
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7