• 18(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
If I disable AirPlay in XBMC (using the Jan19 nightly) and then restart XBMC and then send my own _airplay and _raop ads I don't see an AirPlay target on my phone at all. The crash was coming when I left AirPlay enabled and sent my own ads but with a different device name. It could play video but would crash if I played audio. It seems like the ad that is send last overwrites the first ad. Now that I send my add with another device name first, XBMC's overwrites mine but for some reason the TV icon will stick forever. If I then kill dns-sd, the TV icon will eventually turn into a speaker again. I don't know why sending a duplicate ad but with a different device name would solve the problem. I never even see my alternate device name as an AirPlay target. So sending an ad isn't all that needs to happen to get an AirPlay target. The iDevices must then do a handshake before they add it to the list of targets. Something tells me the problem isn't in the ads that XBMC sends but in the handshake? I don't know, I am totally confused.
Replicate the appletv2 announcement which is this thread somewhere. Featurebits should be 0x77, and the name must be AppleTV2

Make the extra utility you got announce the exact same announcement as xbmc, but make it repeat every 3mins.

I did not have the time to test it yet, but from all log information I have collected that would be an interesting test.
I have had XBMC idling all day and every few hours I grab my phone and check to see if it still has a TV icon and it does. I then stream a YouTube video and then some music and then let it go idle. It has been up for about 6 hours and hasn't lost the TV icon yet.
iOS 7.1 Beta 4 is out, maybe someone who has paid iOS development program? could test out new iOS 7.1 with XBMC. Maybe they've fixed their stuff in there.

@Memphiz: If XBMC has been on but idle for about 2hrs, for me the icon may (or may not...) disappear completely, coming back up after re toggling from settings, I haven't tried WLAN switch tough...
Is Anyone of you Able to Test the behavior on osx? (Basically if the Icon vanishes/changes After some Idle period)?

I verified the osx implementation of Bonjour and am sure that everything is implemented in xbmc as Apple has documented it. There is no reannounce or what - just a "Register this Service" and it is available in the Network until we unregister it. dns-sd does the same for sure - it is how the mdns Protocol works...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am using dns-sd at the office and at the house and both locations are stable now. I just got back to the office this morning and I have a TV icon even after being idle all night and my phone being off the network. I have to agree Memphiz, XBMC is registering the exact same way, this makes no sense at all.

As for iOS7.1b4, I don't think it will be any different. I have several iDevices in my household all running iOS7.0.4 and I also have an ATV2 in the living room, Shairport4w in the Office and an AirPort Express in the garage along with an AirPort Express in two of my cars and at work I use Shairport4w and none of those targets ever drop.
Going on 44 hours now and the TV is still there.
(2014-01-24, 15:20)ermax Wrote: Going on 44 hours now and the TV is still there.

It's really not the duration which kills the monitor. If your wifi connection dies (not meaning idle), you'll probably loose the monitor. Plz connect to another network of turn wifi off for a while and reopen it to see if you still have the monitor.
(2014-01-24, 15:47)Odyssey Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 15:20)ermax Wrote: Going on 44 hours now and the TV is still there.

It's really not the duration which kills the monitor. If your wifi connection dies (not meaning idle), you'll probably loose the monitor. Plz connect to another network of turn wifi off for a while and reopen it to see if you still have the monitor.

If you read my other posts you will see I have toggled WiFi on and off, left for lunch, left the office to go home, connected to my WiFi network at home, come back to the office the next day and still have the TV icon.

Take note that I am sending my own advertisements with dns-sd. Read my post here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1607552
Test Build 1 - Win32 on Win7 Pro x64

1) iPod Touch 4G, iPad4, Mid-2012 MBP
2) iOS 6.1.3, iOS 7.0.4, OSX 10.9.1
3) No
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) Yes

Works until music is paused. Then music keeps streaming out of the AirPlay receiver in Mavericks, but XBMC doesn't respond.
I keep getting this in the debug logs.
DEBUG: AIRTUNES: AirPlay not running - stopping player

Oddly, AirPlay from iTunes works just fine.
@ermax can you document your reduction steps? I can also test the alternative announcement mechanism you have had success with? I will however be running on ubunto.
Basically I am sending out an ad just like the one XBMC sends the only difference is I am using a different name than the one set in System>Services>General>Device Name. After I send that ad I wait 5secs and then launch XBMC and that is all there is to it.

On windows Bonjour comes with a command line utility called dns-sd. I simply run this command:
Code:
dns-sd -R "-Noel XBMC" _airplay local 36667 "deviceid=FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF" "features=0x77" "model=Xbmc,1" "srcvers=101.28"

Just change the MAC and name to match your setup. Be sure to change the name a little so it isn't an exact match. I just prefix the name with a hyphen. Not sure what the equivalent to dns-sd is in Linux though.

Maybe this?:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/rari...ish.1.html
Code:
avahi-publish -s "-Noel XBMC" _airplay 36667 "deviceid=FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF" "features=0x77" "model=Xbmc,1" "srcvers=101.28"
Ok will need to have a look at how i can implement this with avahi which is the Ubuntu implementation. Will take a stab at it over the weekend is likely. If anyone knows the CLI for this is would help i am struggling to find anything for avahi if consequence.

Also would be testing this on raspbmc so not sure if this would work? Doesn't seen to me like this is a build dependant fix?

Scratch my last, just saw your link Smile will test this weekend Smile
Just tried the Testbuild 8.

1. Which iDevice from Apple are you using (iPad2, iPad3, iPhone4s and so on): iPad min/iPad mini retina
2. Which exact iOS version are you running on that device (e.x. 7.0.4): 7.1b4
3. Does XBMC show up as an audio only target in the airplay selection (speaker symbol): No
4. Or does XBMC show up as full target in the airplay selection (monitor symbol): Yes
5. If the latter - does airplaying videos work? (please use the youtube.app for testing - don't post issues with other video apps for now): Yes
6. Does airplaying pictures work? (use the photo app or the camera roll please for this test): Yes
7. Does airplaying music work? (don't post if the music stutters or what - as long as the music comes out of XBMC - it is considered "working"): Yes

Great work!! Looks promising. I tried different video apps with the same result as youtube!
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7