• 20(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
Test build 9 showed a TV icon until I toggled my WiFi off/on. Then back to a speaker. I toggled WiFi off/on several more times trying to get the TV icon back and it never did.
I wonder which of the announcements it picks up ... the FakeIos7Announcement or the one with the name of the XBMC instance?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My phone only showed the real announcement. Using dns-sd I could see both of them though.
I can see both announcements on iOS 6. In iOS 7 only once 'FakeAnnounce4iOS7' was shown instead of the correct one.
Rescinded.

I genuinely hope you have a nice day.
I think you either didn't read the thread (let's say from page 15 to 20 or so), or you didn't understand.
We found that it BREAKS things SOMEWHERE between the iOS7 device and XBMC. Honestly, if Plex has (as a developer I'll say) stupidly coded their app to specifically look for "AppleTV3,2" then I'm afraid you'll have to go barking and them to CORRECTLY implement things.

I suppose otherwise you can take this battle to every potential manufacturer of an AirPlay target (I'm willing to bet for example, that (as an example), if Sony were to implement it, they wouldn't call their product "AppleTV3,2" in their announcement message)....

Is the issue that they won't fix it unless you pay for the subscription? Wink
I used to paySmile but after they didn't fix it or investigate it, I quit paying Wink
Interesting. As I reported earlier, test build 9 gave me a TV icon until I toggled WiFi. But I left XBMC running anyways. I then left the office for lunch and when I got back I decided to check to see if I got a TV again and I did. Now I am able to toggle WiFi off/on and the TV icon persists. I am starting to think it depends on which direction I am holding my tongue. Smile
Yeah, when I tried again this morning I didn't get nearly as consistent results as I did yesterday. Out of 10 wifi toggles, 7 full, 3 audio-only. Still better than it used to be, though...
(2014-01-28, 02:11)edwr Wrote: Yeah, when I tried again this morning I didn't get nearly as consistent results as I did yesterday. Out of 10 wifi toggles, 7 full, 3 audio-only. Still better than it used to be, though...

Same here. My system is in sleep mode at night. Audio icon in the morning. Restarting XBMC several times didn't help.
Monitor icon was back after full system restart.

What about a real Apple TV 3? Does the monitor icon stay if if you leave the device on for 24 hrs?
I have an ATV2 and the TV icon never goes away. Ever.
Strange. I have tested several Bonjour versions and it doesn't make a difference.
raop Annoucment "Name" is [random_numbers_and_letters]@xbmc, where does these numbers come from and can they be set? Could that affect the result?
Yeah, after playing around with it a bit more with my ios beta device, its having issues, the same which my non dev devices are having.

It worked great with a fresh install, then after leaving it a while, it started playing the wrong files and also went audio only. Tried a couple different resets with no luck.

Not there yet, but showing promise, thanks for all the work on this.
(2014-01-28, 13:27)Axuttaja Wrote: raop Annoucment "Name" is [random_numbers_and_letters]@xbmc, where does these numbers come from and can they be set? Could that affect the result?

Not random - its the mac adress and needs to match the mac adress announced in the _airplay annonucement (and should match the mac of the used network card of course).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7