XBMC not detecting new shows
Hello all, I haven't needed topost here at all because coming from a WDTV to an XBMC is a 2 million% improvement on it's own. I have an issue though and it happens like 95% of the time. Getting to be a bit frustrating and it's putting my library really out of wack!

For example, I already have and am able to see these files in my XBMC:
Homeland s01e01.mkv
Homeland s01e02.mkv
Homeland s01e03.mkv

I download "Homeland s01e04.mkv" and the file is in the same folder as the others, I even launch it on my PC incase my eyes are playing tricks on me. But the XBMC does not find it in Movies, or under Files. The only workaround is to go to Files, open up the Homeland folder, then on my PC I rename s01e04 to s01e03, then go back on my phone and launch s01e03. This is my flippin workaround. So it's evident that the file is there. and for some reason only playable once I rename it with another one that XBMC has already detected, but still it does not appear on my iPhone, Android, iPad, Webgui or through the XBMC itself.

It seems as if my XBMC is not scanning at all. I force a library update and still does not appear.

I will add that eventually....that do appear, like the next week when I am onto the next episode I notice that they are in Files.

From what I understood by going through Files it's like browsing the NFS Share/Samba share directly and getting the latest content? I understand it not showing up under "Movies" because it didn't scrape yet(4 hour intervals) but why is it taking so long to appear through Files?

Thanks guys

Mike
Hmmm, odd. One guess might be that it somehow got marked as "watched", and maybe you have "hide watched" turned on? That would hide something in both the "TV Shows" view and the file view, and the watched status is associated with the file name rather than the episode entry.
(2013-12-09, 02:30)Ned Scott Wrote: Hmmm, odd. One guess might be that it somehow got marked as "watched", and maybe you have "hide watched" turned on? That would hide something in both the "TV Shows" view and the file view, and the watched status is associated with the file name rather than the episode entry.

Hey thanks for replying. I don't think this is the case. I don't have hide watched videos enabled, rather, I see the checkmarks on the video's I have watched.

Looks like this guy is having the same problem, I have noticed that MKVs are an issue for me also.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179946

Question:

How exactly do you mount your NFS/SMB share? Do you mount via XBMC or in fstab (ssh)?

I am running out of ideas :/
Have you fixed it by chance?
Can you make it scan by bringing up the context menu on the show and scanning it?
Does your source folder still have content and scraper set?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2013-12-17, 13:18)MassIV Wrote: Can you make it scan by bringing up the context menu on the show and scanning it?
Does your source folder still have content and scraper set?

I too have the same problem, even though I have 'UPDATE LIBRARY ON STARTUP' set. It's even worse in that it has problems if I install a new TV Series, by copying it off one of my DVDs. It doesn't seem to find it in the library. I have a workaround by re-scanning e.g.

go to the HOME -> VIDEOS -> FILES-> TV SHOWS
bring up the context menus for the TV Series and click on “SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT”
then bring up the context menu again and click on “TV SHOW INFORMATION”
Click “REFRESH” and click “YES” when it asks “REFRESH INFORMATION FOR ALL EPISODES'.

The problem exists on both Frodo 12.2 and the Gotham nightlies.

I'm gonna try a few experiments with debugging enabled and if I can't sort it out myself I'll report it, including the log of course.
DEBUG log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
HTPC advice: http://mymediaexperience.com , http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-bui...lete-guide
My HTPC: an Acer Revo RL80 Nettop PC:
Windows 10
Intel Core-i3-2377M @ 1.5GHz, 4GB DDR3 @ 665MHz, Intel HD3000
465GB SATA disk, DVD-RW, 1.8TB Seagate USB disk

Look for the file tvshow.nfo inside the folder. If it is there, delete it. No idea if this is still an issue, but in the past that's worked for me.
Sorry, second thought: are you using sickbeard and specifically are you using sickbeard v501 or later?
I've had somewhat similar issues every blue moon or so. but its never been something regular.
Are you on mysql or the sqlite db? Is it just this one series?
Remove any .nfos from the folder, back up if needed. Rename the root/parent folder
Peform a library clean
rename the folder back
Rescan new content?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Zstar69 - I was able to fix it.

You should read my post here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1576461

That is what I did and it worked!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not detecting new shows0