"Best" Android Development Environment Versions (ubuntu, NDK, JDK, JRE, etc)
Hey Memphiz,

Funnily enough it was actually you who stated "we recomend NDK r8e not 9" if you refer here ;P http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170362
But like i say this is from a few months ago so it seems it's probably now OK to use NDK 9 and GCC 4.8

When you say you dont have any info on current jdk/jre/sdk versions so dont state anything about it... im still left confused as to what I should be getting!

I want to setup a brand new Ubuntu VM environment to do this development and I just want to know what exact versions of everything to grab. Perhaps you can tell me what you are currently using (which presumably works) and I will just use that! I am a windows developer, and really only play enough with some linux boxes, NAS and raspberry pi to be classified as "dangerous" lol Smile I also have rooted and played around with various android phones for years... but I am still just a bit green on the XBMC android development front. I can certainly follow instructions and wont come on here to ask for help until ive googled the heck out of my problem first etc, however I just can't find any instructions that tell me where to start. I am still stuck at the first step - what version of Ubuntu to get (eg do i go with the mentioned 11.04 eventhough it is several releases old or should i go for the most recent).

Can anyone post what versions of the following they are using successfully, and I will just follow suit!?

Ubunutu
NDK (from above, V9 is confirmed)
GCC (from above, 4.8 is confirmed)
SDK
JRE
JDK

It would be pretty cool and infinitely more accessible to developers, if there was a downloadable virtual machine that was already setup as an XBMC android build box! If I manage to get something working I will certainly try and figure out how to create an image/OVF and share it for others!
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Best" Android Development Environment Versions (ubuntu, NDK, JDK, JRE, etc) - by scarecrow420 - 2013-12-11, 04:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Best" Android Development Environment Versions (ubuntu, NDK, JDK, JRE, etc)0