[MOD] Holiday (Snow Effect) option in Amber
Someone else asked for snow effect in Amber skin on other forum like i ported it here for MQ5.

I made it available in skin Amber in Home Menu settings and it seems to look good.

Download and extract it to skin.amber folder and enable it in Skin settings / Home Menu.
It's only active for main menu. If you want it for other windows, open corresponding windows xml file (for example MyVideoNav.xml) and add this add bottom of file before
Code:
    </controls>
    </window>

Snow effect:
Code:
    <control type="group"><!-- Holiday -->
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(holiday)</visible>
    <include>Holiday</include>
    </control>

It's not my idea, the original author of this is MassIV, i just ported it to Aeon MQ5
It's modded for skin version 1.1.9
Note: Not sure if this is the most recent version since offical XBMC repo seems to be down, i grabbed it from SuperRepo now.
(2013-12-10, 08:10)schumi2004 Wrote: Someone else asked for snow effect in Amber skin on other forum like i ported it here for MQ5.

I made it available in skin Amber in Home Menu settings and it seems to look good.

Download and extract it to skin.amber folder and enable it in Skin settings / Home Menu.
It's only active for main menu. If you want it for other windows, open corresponding windows xml file (for example MyVideoNav.xml) and add this add bottom of file before
Code:
    </controls>
    </window>

Snow effect:
Code:
    <control type="group"><!-- Holiday -->
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(holiday)</visible>
    <include>Holiday</include>
    </control>

It's not my idea, the original author of this is MassIV, i just ported it to Aeon MQ5
It's modded for skin version 1.1.9
Note: Not sure if this is the most recent version since offical XBMC repo seems to be down, i grabbed it from SuperRepo now.

I like it!

It's on GitHub now, for both Frodo and Gotham version of Amber.

Amber for XBMC Frodo version 1.2.8
https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/archive/frodo.zip

Amber for XBMC Gotham version 1.5.4
https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

MassIV updated code so it fits 1080i better.

I updated it in first post also, version 3 now.
(2013-12-10, 18:00)schumi2004 Wrote: MassIV updated code so it fits 1080i better.

Updated on Git.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-12-11, 00:23)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 18:00)schumi2004 Wrote: MassIV updated code so it fits 1080i better.

Updated on Git.

Awesome. Not using your skin (yet) for several reasons but love the support your giving Wink
/works fine for me Tongue thanks
Can we get an option for speed and more snow flakes?
I like this but it caused my CPU usage to spike to a consistent 20% on a 4th gen i5. I don't know if it does this or not, but make sure snow gets disabled when XBMC is idle.
Note of caution to rasp pi users:

On Rasp Pi model B it crashed the skin... even at boot...
After selecting the Holiday theme snowflakes from setup the first snowflakes appeared no problem.
Menu became laggy and going from shutdown menu to any other menu-item the screen remained black..

Reboot didn't solve the issue ....unable to load...

Reinstalled from backup img..... and staying away from the holiday theme for now.....
There is an option to enable holiday theme in latest version of Amber, which you can download from XBMC repo. So, no modding is needed.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Holiday (Snow Effect) option in Amber1