Could not find mDNSembedded
Hello all,

Today I am trying to build on 32 bit Ubuntu 12.04 using NDK r9b and tool chain arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.

I have built the dependencies according to 5.1 of the read me. I am now trying to run the following command from 5.2 of the readme.

make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc

I get the following error.

checking for main in -lavahi-client... yes
checking for embedded_mDNSInit in -lmDNSEmbedded... no
configure: == Could not find mDNSEmbedded. Might prevent zeroconf support. ==
configure: == X11 enabled. ==
checking for X11... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
make: *** [../../../..//libxbmc.so] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/adev/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/xbmc'

Can someone tell me what package provides embedded_mDNSInit? I have tried searching with apt-file and haven't had any luck with this one.

I have also added the PPA from this page https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...ld-depends and it seems I am missing a package needed to build XBMC for android.

Thanks,
rdg
make -C tools/depends/target/mdnsresponder

sounds like the depends make didn't run through ... do "cd tools/depends && make" and ensure that it really ends with "built dependencies successfully".
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I tried to run make again from the tools/depends directory as you suggested.

Now I am getting the following error.

[ -f /home/adev/opt/xbmc-deps/i686-linux-gnu/lib/pkgconfig/x11.pc ] || ln -s /usr/lib/i686-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/x11.pc /home/adev/opt/xbmc-deps/i686-linux-gnu/lib/pkgconfig/x11.pc
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/home/adev/opt/xbmc-deps/i686-linux-gnu/lib/pkgconfig/x11.pc': File exists
make[1]: *** [linux-system-libs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/adev/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target'
make: *** [target/.installed-i686-linux-gnu] Error 2
adev@ubuntu-precise-32:~/xbmc-android/tools/depends$

It looks like the link command is failing. I notice that I do not have a /usr/lib/i686-linux-gnu directory. Instead I have an /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu directory.

Did I run the wrong configure command?

Here is the configure command I ran:

./configure --with-toolchain=/home/adev/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8 --prefix=/home/adev/opt/xbmc-deps --host=i686-linux-gnu

Thanks,
rdg

I tried the configure command again and it looks like i386-linux-gnu is unsupported:

adev@ubuntu-precise-32:~/xbmc-android/tools/depends$ ./configure --with-toolchain=/home/adev/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8 --prefix=/home/adev/opt/xbmc-deps --host=i386-linux-gnu
configure: WARNING: if you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i386-pc-linux-gnu
checking for unzip... yes
checking for zip... yes
checking for curl... /usr/bin/curl
checking for tar... /bin/tar
configure: error: unsupported host (i386-linux-gnu)
You are missing alot from the configure line. SEE tools/depends/README for an example of what is needed for configuring depends for android. Then start again from scratch - following tools/depends/README and docs/README.android as good as possible.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried again using the following configure line.

./configure --with-toolchain=/home/adev/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/android-14 --prefix=/home/adev/opt/xbmc-deps --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/home/adev/opt/adt-bundle-linux-x86-20131030/sdk --with-ndk=/home/adev/opt/android-ndk-r9b --with-sdk=android-14 --with-tarballs=/tmp/xbmc-android

The dependencies build:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/adev/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/xbmc-pvr-addons'
touch .installed-arm-linux-androideabi-android-14
Dependencies built successfully.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/adev/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target'
adev@ubuntu-precise-32:~/xbmc-android/tools/depends$

However, now there is a compiler error. Do you think this is a problem in my configuration or is it a real compile problem?

In file included from AndroidJoyStick.cpp:22:0:
AndroidExtra.h:35:25: error: expected identifier before numeric constant
#define AKEYCODE_ESCAPE 111
^
AndroidExtra.h:35:25: error: expected '}' before numeric constant
AndroidExtra.h:35:25: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
In file included from /home/adev/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/android-14/sysroot/usr/include/android/input.h:45:0,
from /home/adev/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/android-14/sysroot/usr/include/android/native_activity.h:27,
from XBMCApp.h:27,
from AndroidJoyStick.cpp:23:
/home/adev/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/android-14/sysroot/usr/include/android/keycodes.h:259:1: error: expected declaration before '}' token
}
^
make[1]: *** [AndroidJoyStick.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/android/activity/activity.a] Error 2
adev@ubuntu-precise-32:~/xbmc-android$
Hi rmcore,

I'm with the same problem that u.
My Error Undecided

You resolved your error ?
use ndk r9 ... not r9something
Nice.. work using ndk r9.
Thanks Memphiz
(2013-12-10, 20:43)Memphiz Wrote: make -C tools/depends/target/mdnsresponder

sounds like the depends make didn't run through ... do "cd tools/depends && make" and ensure that it really ends with "built dependencies successfully".

Im getting this very error trying to compile from master today,, but Im not on Android, Im on x86 Linux side and seems to me this isnt a Linux library but rather an android one.
In any case I NEVER needed this before.

@wsnipex is compiling from master broken atm? All that reshuffle it looks broken to me

from config log

Code:
configure:27802: checking for EGL
configure:27809: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "egl"
Package egl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `egl.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'egl' found
configure:27812: $? = 1
configure:27826: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "egl"
Package egl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `egl.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'egl' found
configure:27829: $? = 1
configure:27843: result: no
No package 'egl' found
configure:27859: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

From terminal
Code:
== PulseAudio support disabled. ==
checking for main in -lavahi-common... yes
checking for main in -lavahi-client... yes
checking for embedded_mDNSInit in -lmDNSEmbedded... no
configure: == Could not find mDNSEmbedded. Might prevent zeroconf support. ==
configure: == X11 enabled. ==
checking for X11... yes
checking for XEXT... yes
checking for XRANDR... yes
checking for DRM... yes
checking for EGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

EGL? seriously? Dependency nightmare, whats going on?

Maybe related? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8467 or https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8486

I see egl added in videoplayer, but no dependencies added to readme, whats the deal for NVIDIA now is this going the way of intel also?... idk... help?
nothing to do with mdns:
Code:
No package 'egl' found

you need libegl1-mesa-dev

edit: you shouldn't need this for nvidia only, did you try disabling vaapi already?
Yes vaapi is explicitly disabled its has always been.

I did install that dependency last night and managed to compile, but if you say I dont need it for nvidia then something is borked somewhere.

Also.... The readmes need updating in any case to add libegl1-mesa-dev and remove the other mesa-gl from readmes, but not sure which, theres a few on readme linux and one on readme ubuntu
Ill be happy to make a pr, if you be kind enough to tell me what needs removing when I open PR..
seems egl is needed for nvidia as well

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could not find mDNSembedded0