• 2(current)
Android JUSTOP+Vidon.me: First Quad Core true-hardware decoding Android+XBMC TV set box
No bit streaming on android tv boxes yet.

Not mediacodec or lib, it just has the original xbmc media player installed but linked with hardware engine.

I have many android boxes in stock, different chipset like Droibox MX (Amlogic MX) , Droibox II (RK3066), K10A (RK3188), Cyclone nano (Amlogic M3), Droibox One (allwinner A20) etc, this box's decoding performance is easily beat any of them.
(2013-12-30, 17:19)prawnee Wrote: Fair enough. If that's how you want to market your product. Of course you could have shown how good it works with legal content but hey that's not the market your going for.

At the end of the day its "those" type of add-ons which take the longest to load on the cheap hardware (rpi, low powered android devices) because of the amount of content per page and resolving urls. Alot of xbmc users will at some point or another try one of these add-ons. So personally think its demos the hardware pretty well.
Each to their own.
(2013-12-30, 22:44)skweezer Wrote: At the end of the day its "those" type of add-ons which take the longest to load on the cheap hardware (rpi, low powered android devices) because of the amount of content per page and resolving urls. Alot of xbmc users will at some point or another try one of these add-ons. So personally think its demos the hardware pretty well.
Each to their own.

I not entirely convinced that the OP was going for what you described.Rolleyes
Out of interest does the hardware decoding rely on the "special" build or will mainline xbmc work just as well?

Just wondering if buying one of these means you get stuck waiting for special builds to be released.
(2013-12-31, 01:11)Swifty Wrote: Out of interest does the hardware decoding rely on the "special" build or will mainline xbmc work just as well?

Just wondering if buying one of these means you get stuck waiting for special builds to be released.

ive got a 'droibox mx', they do provide updates, the original fw is 12.0 and now they provide 12.2 fw.
Hardware: JUSTOP Droibox MX Amlogic 8726-MX (Cortex A9 1.6Ghz Dual Core), 1GB DDR3, 8GB SSD, Mali 400 Quad Graphics

Software: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean + XBMC Frodo 12.0
Yeah, I'm just thinking when the time comes that updates are no longer supplied by Justop if the standard XBMC android builds will have the same ability - Really just trying to figure out if there are any real changes under the hood for hardware decoding support (and if they will make it to mainline) or if the special build is just a different bootscreen and bundled addons.

Depending on the answer to the above, I have a bunch more questions about this device Smile
@Swifty
It uses a special build of xbmc. It would have to support either MediaCodec or libstagefright to use hardware decoding on the official xbmc builds which Justinuk stated it does not.

@Justinuk
Are you saying that No Android Boxes support bitstreaming as this is incorrect. My RK3188 device bitstreams everything including HD Audio. Sadly the dam thing crashes all the time but not due to bitstreaming.
Also I read the Genaitech devices support bitstreaming DTS and AC3.

It was my understanding that since this box does not use official android hardware acceleration, bitstreaming should be possible to implement.
Thanks, just scrolled back and found the post it was mentioned in.. such as shame about that.
Unless its going to be open/part of mainline then I'm out, as one day the updates from the manufacturers stop (with Android boxes this usually isn't long!) Sad
Just like prawnee said.. the first video has been blocked lol

I cut all the 'copyright' things off, and uploaded again.

new video is availbel from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MUNYhjvng
(2014-01-02, 16:58)Justinuk Wrote: Just like prawnee said.. the first video has been blocked lol

You demo'd an SD video. Is that supposed to impress me? Every android unit on the planet can do that.

Want to impress me? Show me a med or high bitrate video in atleast 720p
(2013-12-31, 21:01)Abnormal1 Wrote: @Swifty
It uses a special build of xbmc. It would have to support either MediaCodec or libstagefright to use hardware decoding on the official xbmc builds which Justinuk stated it does not.

@Justinuk
Are you saying that No Android Boxes support bitstreaming as this is incorrect. My RK3188 device bitstreams everything including HD Audio. Sadly the dam thing crashes all the time but not due to bitstreaming.

It was my understanding that since this box does not use official android hardware acceleration, bitstreaming should be possible to implement.

(2014-01-02, 18:18)FishOil Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 16:58)Justinuk Wrote: Just like prawnee said.. the first video has been blocked lol

You demo'd an SD video. Is that supposed to impress me? Every android unit on the planet can do that.

It's 720P video, select 720P with the gear

The three videos I played from my NAS are all 1080P.
(2014-01-02, 19:04)Justinuk Wrote:

@Justinuk

(2014-01-02, 18:18)FishOil Wrote:

Well.....the resolution may be 720 but the bitrate dosent justify it. 800 MB 720 movie? Was it a 10 min clip of the actual movie? Whats the bitrate 2 mbps?
Put the codecinfo on the screen when you do it next time. Show us a 10 , 15 or 20 mb bitrate video.
(2014-01-02, 19:04)Justinuk Wrote: It's 720P video, select 720P with the gear

That seems to be possible without any problem, but your TV screen stays in a 720p resolution, equal to the settings within XBMC. You choose 1080p files but they play in 720p, correct?
So the setup can handle 1080p but downscaling it to 720p? Can't you start this item in Full-HD 1080p resolution en play some files in that resolution also?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2014-01-02, 19:42)FishOil Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 19:04)Justinuk Wrote:

@Justinuk

(2014-01-02, 18:18)FishOil Wrote: You demo'd an SD video. Is that supposed to impress me? Every android unit on the planet can do that.

Well.....the resolution may be 720 but the bitrate dosent justify it. 800 MB 720 movie? Was it a 10 min clip of the actual movie? Whats the bitrate 2 mbps?
Put the codecinfo on the screen when you do it next time. Show us a 10 , 15 or 20 mb bitrate video.

They are demo videos, TV companies use them to do showroom. I can see they are all full 1080P bluray.
Hardware: JUSTOP Droibox MX Amlogic 8726-MX (Cortex A9 1.6Ghz Dual Core), 1GB DDR3, 8GB SSD, Mali 400 Quad Graphics

(2014-01-02, 19:43)p750mmx Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 19:04)Justinuk Wrote: It's 720P video, select 720P with the gear

That seems to be possible without any problem, but your TV screen stays in a 720p resolution, equal to the settings within XBMC. You choose 1080p files but they play in 720p, correct?
So the setup can handle 1080p but downscaling it to 720p? Can't you start this item in Full-HD 1080p resolution en play some files in that resolution also?

Same question

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JUSTOP+Vidon.me: First Quad Core true-hardware decoding Android+XBMC TV set box2