• 6(current)
Android JUSTOP+Vidon.me: First Quad Core true-hardware decoding Android+XBMC TV set box
Thanks for that, I'll raise this internally in the Team, I don't know enough to tell for sure from that debug log, but it looks like something called "BlurayPlayer" is being called and this is not one of the standard XBMC players.
As far as I know VidOn uses DVDFab (Fengtao) technologies. Smile See http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20...oid-Coming
VidOn and DVDFab are one and the same, VidOn.me is just the brand for the boxes they sell.
(2014-02-25, 16:33)jjd-uk Wrote: Thanks for that, I'll raise this internally in the Team, I don't know enough to tell for sure from that debug log, but it looks like something called "BlurayPlayer" is being called and this is not one of the standard XBMC players.

CVDMPlayer::OpenFile
(2014-02-25, 09:42)kokap Wrote: Tested android VidOn AV200 with VidOn XBMC v1.0.0.7.
1. VidOn XBMC does play FullHD movies at true 1080p resolution (not 720p upscaling)
2. VidOn XBMC does play BD3D ISO (MVC decoding) with HDMI 3D Frame Packing output.
3. VidOn XBMC does support BD-menu (including BD-J) but with some issues.
4. VidOn XBMC does support DTS-HD MA / Dolby TrueHD HDMI passthrough. But only for 2D mode.
5. VidOn XBMC almost doesn't have smooth playback issues with BD and BD3D movies.
6. It has limited auto frame rate feature. Other Android players don't have such feature at all.
7. VidOn doesn't support 23.976 Hz output (only 24.000 Hz). But all Android players don't have 23.976 Hz output as well.

VidOn AV200 with VidOn XBMC is the best Android player I've ever seen. And it's better than MINIX Neo X7.

I wish I had gone for an AV200 rather this one (JustOp Quadro), just for the true 1080p alone...
As an Android device though it's great... just not for playing 1080p movies
(2014-02-27, 00:16)tinybilbo Wrote: I wish I had gone for an AV200 rather this one (JustOp Quadro), just for the true 1080p alone...
As an Android device though it's great... just not for playing 1080p movies

VidOn XBMC GUI works at upscaled 720p resolution. But VidOn XBMC player plays FullHD movies at true 1080p resolution.
BTW VidOn AV200 and MeLE M9 have the same hardware and many people prefer to buy cheap MeLE M9 players and install VidOn firmware or only VidOn XBMC app on them.
Pivos boxes now use amcodec, AMLPlayer is obsolete.
Still looks and sounds like Fengtao based their DVDFab media player on XBMC so GPL should still apply?

http://www.dvdfab.com/media-player.htm
http://www.dvdfab.com/opensource.htm

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16722
Quote:DVDFab Media Player can play Blu-ray disc 60 days for free, and can play Blu-ray iso/folder and media files free forever.

Please try it if you want a simple, fast and always working solution for Blu-ray playback.

DVDFab Media Player is based on a great open source project XBMC, please visit XMBC at http://xbmc.org.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

http://www.vidon.me/user_guide.htm
Quote:VidOn.me Android Blu-ray Box has two players built-in it: VidOn XBMC (accessed from “VidOn.me”), and the original system player (accessed from “File Management”). The system player don’t support Blu-ray and HD audio, while VidOn XBMC does.
Justinuk, fair warning that if you cannot provide XBMC source code, then you are in violation of the XBMC GPLv2 license. Please a) comply or b) stop using XBMC.
(2014-02-28, 19:52)davilla Wrote: Justinuk, fair warning that if you cannot provide XBMC source code, then you are in violation of the XBMC GPLv2 license. Please a) comply or b) stop using XBMC.

I'm, curious. How do you enforce the GPL?
(2014-03-17, 02:23)wgf_bean Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 19:52)davilla Wrote: Justinuk, fair warning that if you cannot provide XBMC source code, then you are in violation of the XBMC GPLv2 license. Please a) comply or b) stop using XBMC.

I'm, curious. How do you enforce the GPL?

One of the first things we do, after making reasonable attempts to request source code, is put violators on a public shame list. This typically has a negative impact on their business, even for the ones you would think wouldn't care.

http://xbmc.org/known-list-of-gpl-violators/

Only one is on the list right now, but we've had a few others, and to our surprise they actually compiled and released their source code.

If we wish we could even take violators to court or try to get an injunction on them for selling in various countries. Play that ugly legal game. The GPL is a legally binding document, and anyone who's contributed copyrightable code can try to enforce it, even if they're not a part of Team XBMC.

I'm not sure if court action would ever be something we would want get into, but there are other things we can do, like get someone removed from amazon or ebay, since they have their own Terms of Service. At least for a little while. It depends on the situation and what we think is worth putting effort into, since we have such limited resources.

Still, more often than not, it's more worth it for them to stop dragging their heels and provide the requested source code, even if they're only facing a dip in sales. That drop in sales is easily more money than what it would take to pay someone to do the work required and throw up their changes up on some website. Assuming they had nothing to hide (like even worse GPL violations in their source code), it makes more business sense to comply than not. They just sometimes need someone to jab them with a stick so they get off their butt and do it.

At least, that seems to be the common case. There's always other situations out there, and I'm in no way a lawyer or anyone who has anything more than a very basic understanding of the GPL. Pew pew lasers, etc.
(2014-02-25, 16:49)jjd-uk Wrote: VidOn and DVDFab are one and the same, VidOn.me is just the brand for the boxes they sell.

Hi, VidOn.me Inc. is an independent company based on HongKong, we cooperate with DVDFab. We are a small startup, and DVDFab helped us a lot in many ways.
We are publishing the source code, please keep an eye on GitHub.

VidOn XBMC is developed based on the official XBMC, because we are new in this area, so we didn't make much changes on GUI, so it looks very like the official one. But we use a new player in it to replace the original player, which is completely developed by ourselves, so it has the ability to play blu-ray menu.
Thank you!
What is the highest level of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC compliance that Vidon.me supports, e.g. 4, 4.1, 4.2, 5, 5.1, 5.2?
(2014-03-17, 08:34)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: VidOn XBMC is developed based on the official XBMC, because we are new in this area, so we didn't make much changes on GUI, so it looks very like the official one. But we use a new player in it to replace the original player, which is completely developed by ourselves, so it has the ability to play blu-ray menu.
Can you tell us if your own in-house developed player an internal player core in XBMC or is it a separate application that you launch as a external player?

Judging by your single APK package would assume that it is an internal player core in XBMC, in which case it too is bound to comply with XBMC's GPL license.

(2014-03-17, 08:34)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: VidOn.me Inc. is an independent company based on HongKong, we cooperate with DVDFab. We are a small startup, and DVDFab helped us a lot in many ways.
We are publishing the source code, please keep an eye on GitHub.
That sounds great! Looking forward to that, but sure hoping that you will release the full source code to your own in-house developed player too.

Again if it is a internal player core for XBMC then it too have to be open source and licensed under a LGPL or GPL compatible license to comply.
i have just bought one of these i have not had an android box before

everthing comes up nothing will play have enabled all channels
when it boots up it says no pvr i try enable but it wont is this the reason nothing plays if so what can i do please help it is starting to drive me mad
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JUSTOP+Vidon.me: First Quad Core true-hardware decoding Android+XBMC TV set box2