• 6(current)
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.
Thanks for the info. I hope my last post didn't come across as critical.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not at all Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

If I am ungratefull for whining about something that worked, and now it doesnt, you dont take criticism very well do you?
Of course I will whine if something that worked before doesnt work in new and improved version, be it just myself or a bunch of other people.
If I knew how to code I would try and fix it before the beta got out, and you whining and quitting about mine and others point of view makes you ungratefull and unproffesional.
You have a product free or not, doesnt matter, I am user, I am not satisfied, fix it or not, whatever, but dont act like a baby.
What exactly are you saying is broKen? i did a fresh Gotham install today and had opensubtitles working as soon as I installed it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-03-16, 10:30)nickr Wrote: What exactly are you saying is broKen? i did a fresh Gotham install today and had opensubtitles working as soon as I installed it.

Download 'first synced subtitle' across all subtitle services? Is this possible? With preset service and language preferences in prioritized order preferentially.
Frankly I have never needed that and only have one service. Then again my needs (English) are probably easiest served.
I just joined the forum, and first of all, I would like to say that I'm impressed by great work of developers, who created best ever media center platform for andrid devices. Gotham beta is excellent, and I use it every day. Much better than many commercial application... I can't wait for final release.
On this thread I saw complaints about new way subtitles are working. Since this is beta, please don't look at this as complaining or whining about... I simply want to notify developer(s) who worked on this part, about malfunction that is a bit hard to explain. Subtitles load and work like a charm, for local video files. When you open video stream, everything feels same, but for some reason subtitles don't load at all. This used to work on version from March 1st with no problem whatsoever.

Thanks to all developers, again, and again... :-)
Hi, everybody. I just installed Gotham Beta1 and I'm finding some trouble with the new subtitles system. My library is completely linked to XBMC Torrent plugin, and I did all the steps to configure the subtitles function, including chosing a custom folder, but it does not work. I make all the steps, downloading from the opensubtitles.org and the subtitle file does not appear on the designated folder. Is this a trouble because I'm streaming or I'm losing something in my config steps?
Is this a trouble because I'm streaming or I'm losing something in my config steps?

Yes - there was a bug with http:// streams in Beta1. I'm informed that should be fixed in Beta2 (one presumes the dev tested...)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Good news! Thanks! :-)
Hello everyone,

let me start by saying that I appreciate the hard work of the devs. I also see the advantages of the new approach to subtitles and am looking forward very much to them being included in scraping, as has been mentioned as an idea here.

One minor "thing" with the new subtitles dialog is that it focuses on the services list and not on the search results when you bring it up. I expect that is also the reason for the 2 or 3 posts in this thread that mentioned not being able to select the subtitles, or only by mouse, as they did not think to use the arrow buttons. Depending on your skin this might be more or less obvious.
I therefore propose to change the default focus of the dialog to the results, at least when a default service has been selected in the settings. Alternatively a toggle could be introduced there to change this behaviour.

Thank you very much!
(2014-03-20, 14:45)juramusger Wrote: Hello everyone,

let me start by saying that I appreciate the hard work of the devs. I also see the advantages of the new approach to subtitles and am looking forward very much to them being included in scraping, as has been mentioned as an idea here.

One minor "thing" with the new subtitles dialog is that it focuses on the services list and not on the search results when you bring it up. I expect that is also the reason for the 2 or 3 posts in this thread that mentioned not being able to select the subtitles, or only by mouse, as they did not think to use the arrow buttons. Depending on your skin this might be more or less obvious.
I therefore propose to change the default focus of the dialog to the results, at least when a default service has been selected in the settings. Alternatively a toggle could be introduced there to change this behaviour.

Thank you very much!
Yes that had me fooled at first too.
IIRC the reason that that happens is that when the dialog first pops up there are no subtitles, as the search is being performed. We need to focus something, so focus the services list.

Good point, on the skin I was using first time I used the new system the highlighting was not obvious, particularly in a list of one service (opensubs is the only service I have installed).

Can it be made to shift focus once the subtitle list is populated?
The trouble is that might be unintuitive - e.g. if you're sitting on the service list and doing something there, then all of a sudden it jumps focus. I dunno to be honest.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.1