From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.
Hi all,
I have a question around how people handle the following - by definition in order to properly scrape movies / tv shows we need to rename files / folders to match generic names (in my case I use a filebot script to do this).

However by very construct the primary signifier of the release type / group is contained within the suffix of the original filename.

When I use one of the subtitle services it just shows on the top of the screen the filename on my NAS and then the various options of subtitles. Clearly if the file has already been renamed as is supposedly required then this set up is far from helpful / intuitive.

So my question is if there are other solutions/tricks around this? For instance wouldn't it be helpful to have a separate file from the video itself that specifies the release type / group name only and then the subtitle service could show this (and even attempt to auto-match first)? Ideally of course all movie files would contain in their header this information directly along with IMDB/TMDB id tag etc!

Thanks for any insight...

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to. - by PtolemyIV - 2014-06-22, 14:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.1