Release Geek & Sundry - Video plugin

Geek & Sundry

Browse the shows and watch the videos on geekandsundry.com.
Browse and watch the newest videos on the Geek & Sundry YouTube feed.

Get it on my repository.
If you need help, ask a question in this thread or join #ruuk on freenode.

Please give it a go and let me know of any problems so I can push it to the official repository.
Killer
I installed the plugin, and I can see all the episodes, but no matter which one I pick to watch, it only plays the latest video.
(2014-01-23, 21:55)shrioux Wrote: I installed the plugin, and I can see all the episodes, but no matter which one I pick to watch, it only plays the latest video.

Could you be more specific? Which section (for example Newest Episodes or TableTop/Season 1) and at least on specific video that didn't work.
Also what OS are you running XBMC on?
A log would be great as well.
Also, what do you mean by 'latest video'?

I tested a few and they played fine on my system, but I did get errors for at least one show's season, which I'm going to look into.
I didn't get the behavior you mentioned which is why I need some more data Smile
Version 0.1.2

Changes:
- Fixed a bug where playing some episodes caused an error
- Now using xbmcswift2 framework (added dependency to addon.xml)
- Vlogs are now sorted alphabetically

On my REPO.

shrioux: Please try the new version. I haven't attempted to fix your issue because I'm not sure what that is yet, but perhaps the issue I found and the one you reported are related.
Hi ruuk,
I am having the same issue and can elaborate on the details. However, I am using the version that comes with Xbmc (v 1.1). I will try the newer version that you have linked here and see if it fixes things. In the meantime, I will add my 2c in case anybody else is having the problem.

I am running Xbmc on the Boxee Box (I know, I know, I don't have the cash on hand to buy a better box right now!).

Steps to reproduce bug:
1. Click on All Shows.
2. Find Table Top.
3. Click on Season 1.
4. Choose any episode you want. I just tested it a few minutes ago with Dragon Age Part 1.

No matter which episode you pick, it will always stream the latest episode. As of right now, it is the Extended episode of Lords of Waterdeep.

Anyway, sorry for committing the sin of submitting a bug report for an older version (not to mention on an unsupported device). Smile I will try v 1.2 as soon as I can.
(2014-07-24, 04:05)FloppyJoe Wrote: Hi ruuk,
I am having the same issue and can elaborate on the details. However, I am using the version that comes with Xbmc (v 1.1). I will try the newer version that you have linked here and see if it fixes things. In the meantime, I will add my 2c in case anybody else is having the problem.

I am running Xbmc on the Boxee Box (I know, I know, I don't have the cash on hand to buy a better box right now!).

Steps to reproduce bug:
1. Click on All Shows.
2. Find Table Top.
3. Click on Season 1.
4. Choose any episode you want. I just tested it a few minutes ago with Dragon Age Part 1.

No matter which episode you pick, it will always stream the latest episode. As of right now, it is the Extended episode of Lords of Waterdeep.

Anyway, sorry for committing the sin of submitting a bug report for an older version (not to mention on an unsupported device). Smile I will try v 1.2 as soon as I can.

The behavior you described must be due to the old version. In the current version, I couldn't get Table Top season 1 to play at all because of errors, but season 2 worked normally. I also found some other issues but nothing like you described.

In any case, I need to do some fixing.
I upgraded to v0.1.2 on Boxee Box and the streams do not even open now. When I click on an episode (season 1 of TableTop, as described above), it pops up saying "Opening stream" and then I get an error at the bottom right of the screen saying "Script Failed: Geek and Sundry".

It does not do this with every episode for some reason. Both Dragon Age episodes fail to play (btw, it does say "one or more items failed to play. check the log file for details", but I will have to figure out how to find the log on XBMC). Chez Geek and Star Fluxx work. I do notice that the ones which fail only show the "Opening Stream" dialog in the window that is titled Geek and Sundry. The ones which work show this window and then is immediately replaced by an "Opening stream" dialog in a window titled YouTube.

So I know if I click on an episode and see the Youtube dialog box pop up after the Geek and Sundry one, it will stream OK.
(2014-07-27, 03:36)JoeyStarplane Wrote: I upgraded to v0.1.2 on Boxee Box and the streams do not even open now. When I click on an episode (season 1 of TableTop, as described above), it pops up saying "Opening stream" and then I get an error at the bottom right of the screen saying "Script Failed: Geek and Sundry".

It does not do this with every episode for some reason. Both Dragon Age episodes fail to play (btw, it does say "one or more items failed to play. check the log file for details", but I will have to figure out how to find the log on XBMC). Chez Geek and Star Fluxx work. I do notice that the ones which fail only show the "Opening Stream" dialog in the window that is titled Geek and Sundry. The ones which work show this window and then is immediately replaced by an "Opening stream" dialog in a window titled YouTube.

So I know if I click on an episode and see the Youtube dialog box pop up after the Geek and Sundry one, it will stream OK.

I know the cause of the errors, I just need to have a chance to fix it. I've got family visiting this week, so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.
Version 0.1.3

Changes:
  • Fix for videos with hulu sources not playing. Now finds the youtube video instead
  • Fix for Vlogs not displaying
  • Fix for vlog video lists not displaying

On my REPO.
This should fix the issues. Let me know if there is something still not working.
Hi, I have reported this at your repo as an issue as well.. but a) Official repos are very out of date. b) I cant get anything but newest videos working on official version (0.1.1) c) your repository version doesnt work at all for me
(2015-04-25, 12:16)ktaragorn Wrote: Hi, I have reported this at your repo as an issue as well.. but a) Official repos are very out of date. b) I cant get anything but newest videos working on official version (0.1.1) c) your repository version doesnt work at all for me
Thanks for the report. I'll try to make some time to fix it.
Information 
Version 0.1.4

Changes:
  • Fixes for all sorts of issues do to site changes

On my REPO.

More work need to be done, but this gets it into a working state. Had to practically re-write the addon Smile
Information 
Version 0.1.6

Changes:
  • Fixes some show titles not displaying
  • Fixes playback errors for some videos

On Kodi repo, pending mirror updates.

Special thanks to ktaragorn for some fixes and code improvement Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geek & Sundry - Video plugin0