• 66(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
AuXBoX is there any chance that will see these updates and splash screen change for the first download for us people with JynxBox M6. Last update I have installed is 10-29-14.

Thanks for your continued hard work at keeping us up to date and improvements
(2014-11-12, 16:39)AccordXTC Wrote: AuXBoX is there any chance that will see these updates and splash screen change for the first download for us people with JynxBox M6. Last update I have installed is 10-29-14.

Not exactly sure what youve asked for but ive posted a build for 13-11-14 you probably wont notice much difference
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hi - apologies for the noobish question below - I couldn't find the instructions to deal with this in the prior 66 pages but may have missed them.

I have an ATV1200, and am trying to follow the instructions to upgrade to Version 1 as shown on the first page of this thread.

SD card has the required files and is plugged in. When I press and hold the reset button and then plug the power back in, I invariably get to a screen headed "Android system recovery <3e>" where nothing else happens. Holding the reset button in does nothing beyond this point.

Am I doing some wrong to get this point? Or how should I proceed form here? If I tell it to apply an update and go to the sdcard, it doesn't show any files.

Thanks for your help and patience - To make matters worse, my box now just hangs on an MX-Linux logo when I boot it up!

****EDIT****

I found the source of the problem - the SD card I was using was formatted with exFAT, not FAT32. Found a tool to format the SD card properly, and then all went well. I wonder if it may be worth adding something to that effect to the post in the first page.
(2014-11-14, 00:42)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 16:39)AccordXTC Wrote: AuXBoX is there any chance that will see these updates and splash screen change for the first download for us people with JynxBox M6. Last update I have installed is 10-29-14.

Not exactly sure what youve asked for but ive posted a build for 13-11-14 you probably wont notice much difference

No worries I'll try the new version out tonight. Still appreciate the work you do for us. Kind of off topic but has anyone found a box that has 2GB or more then a Dual Core that can run this Linux firmware. I'm always looking for something faster then this JynxBox M6

Thanks
(2014-11-14, 20:17)AccordXTC Wrote:
(2014-11-14, 00:42)AuXBoX Wrote:

No worries I'll try the new version out tonight. Still appreciate the work you do for us. Kind of off topic but has anyone found a box that has 2GB or more then a Dual Core that can run this Linux firmware. I'm always looking for something faster then this JynxBox M6

Thanks

Try this
http://www.theaterinabox.tv/tv-boxes/arm...inux.html/
XBMC on M8
(2014-07-19, 13:33)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 18:46)bobones Wrote: I am desperate to try Codesnake's OpenElec port, but I don't have the skills to build a version that will boot on g02ref. Any chance of telling me exactly what I need to do here j1nx? Big Grin

I'm compiling it now bobones, i'll upload for testing soon

AuXBoX just wondering if you have a complied openelec vesion for the atv520? Thanks.
Hi guys new to the forum, just to say I tested the latest build of MX-Linux (13-11-14) on my MyGica ATV400 and it runs great, remote works out of the box, the GUI runs snappy, Wi-Fi streams 1080p (6-8Gb, mkv) videos great no stutter or anything. Someone in this thread asked where is reset button on ATV400, its a power button (big blue one) you unplug it hold power button and then plug in the power. The only thing that does not work I guess is passthroug of DTS... But I don't mind that, downside is that the box freezes after some idle time (sometimes if you browse library, and during the auto library updates, but never during the playback), other than that works great 1000 times better then on android.
DTS passthough works for me on ATV1200, just not HD. I agree - the only problem I have with is the occasional freezes when idle or manipulating library. Works amazingly well otherwise!

(2014-11-20, 06:56)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2014-07-19, 13:33)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 18:46)bobones Wrote: I am desperate to try Codesnake's OpenElec port, but I don't have the skills to build a version that will boot on g02ref. Any chance of telling me exactly what I need to do here j1nx? Big Grin

I'm compiling it now bobones, i'll upload for testing soon

AuXBoX just wondering if you have a complied openelec vesion for the atv520? Thanks.

It's not quite as simple as compiling it. The g02ref board uses a different kernel image than g18ref that the port was made for. Unless someone sends codesnake a box and pays him to port it, it ain't going to happen. He's moved on to porting to S802 and S805 boxes now, but again, just particular boards.
Hi guys.

I have one question.
I'm in the process of changing the splash screens.
I've managed to create complete.fb.lzo file (well at least it looks like).
Now i'd like to replace the original ones in the box, to see if it works.
With filezilla i can see where they are stored :
/usr/share/splash

BUT, when i try to replace them, i get a permission denied, read only filesystem...
And i can't seem to change permissions.

Any help on this from anyone please ?
You need to add them as part of the build process so they go into the usr.sqsh filesystem before it's set in stone. The only way round it I can think of is if you manage to mount another directory on top of the /usr/share/splash folder - I am not even sure that is possible with MX Linux. Alternatively you can ask someone here to do a custom build for you.
(2014-11-20, 16:45)bobones Wrote: DTS passthough works for me on ATV1200, just not HD. I agree - the only problem I have with is the occasional freezes when idle or manipulating library. Works amazingly well otherwise!

(2014-11-20, 06:56)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2014-07-19, 13:33)AuXBoX Wrote: I'm compiling it now bobones, i'll upload for testing soon

It's not quite as simple as compiling it. The g02ref board uses a different kernel image than g18ref that the port was made for. Unless someone sends codesnake a box and pays him to port it, it ain't going to happen. He's moved on to porting to S802 and S805 boxes now, but again, just particular boards.

Makes sense. I was wondering since his the old post made it seem like he was working on it.

I have a S802 here and a S805 coming from China in the next few days. Should be interesting to test the builds. The g-box mx-2 works great with openelec. Different feel than the geniatech build. All builds are great improvements to the android system.
@AuXBoX: Please Disable Weather Underground Add-on when compile next version, It broken, and alway show messeges to disable in startup
(2014-11-21, 06:47)vvd214 Wrote: @AuXBoX: Please Disable Weather Underground Add-on when compile next version, It broken, and alway show messeges to disable in startup

Yes that would be useful unless it is expected to be updated soon and work again, but it has been down for quite a long time now. I use Yahoo! Weather (available in the XBMC.Org repository) which works excellently though less detailed information is available it does work well and shows in the top left hand corner of your home screen, if enabled in Appearances of course.

I have a theory about the crashes with 13.2 folk experience especially when the box is left powered on idle. This is with the ATV1200 box, but tried it with a 520 box (still no WiFi working with 13.2) and that is the same. I noticed in System Info, and just by touch too, that they get very hot with Linux Gotham 13.2 which they certainly did not do with Linux Frodo 12.3 and earlier. I believe these boxes may crash in idle because of too much heat being built up.

So the question is, is there something running in the background not easy to see that is causing the cpu to continue working hard, rather than ticking over idle?? As that would of course almost certainly cause this overheating problem that likely causes the occasional crashes As I say this is only a theory, so AuxBox, or anyone else here in the know, can I ask whether you have you any ideas if this indeed could be the case ? If it is so then maybe it is an easy fix.
Cheers
Raymw
(2014-11-21, 06:47)vvd214 Wrote: @AuXBoX: Please Disable Weather Underground Add-on when compile next version, It broken, and alway show messeges to disable in startup

It has already been taken off and replaced with yahoo weather
(2014-11-21, 07:40)raymw Wrote:

Yes that would be useful unless it is expected to be updated soon and work again, but it has been down for quite a long time now. I use Yahoo! Weather (available in the XBMC.Org repository) which works excellently though less detailed information is available it does work well and shows in the top left hand corner of your home screen, if enabled in Appearances of course.

I have a theory about the crashes with 13.2 folk experience especially when the box is left powered on idle. This is with the ATV1200 box, but tried it with a 520 box (still no WiFi working with 13.2) and that is the same. I noticed in System Info, and just by touch too, that they get very hot with Linux Gotham 13.2 which they certainly did not do with Linux Frodo 12.3 and earlier. I believe these boxes may crash in idle because of too much heat being built up.

So the question is, is there something running in the background not easy to see that is causing the cpu to continue working hard, rather than ticking over idle?? As that would of course almost certainly cause this overheating problem that likely causes the occasional crashes As I say this is only a theory, so AuxBox, or anyone else here in the know, can I ask whether you have you any ideas if this indeed could be the case ? If it is so then maybe it is an easy fix.

I have noticed same thing on ATV400 (13.2) haven't tested Frodo build, after playback the temp on ATV400 is around 121-123 °C but if left in idle mode the temp rises to 132 °C after a while and then box freezes, if i manage to play something in the meanwhile the temp drops again to around 120°C. Regarding to Wi-Fi on ATV400 works perfectly after enable in Wi-Fi manager.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5