[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-01-13, 20:11)sonicov Wrote: Well, I could do that, but then I decided just to downgrade to mythtv 0.26 and finally I'm able to use the box for what I bought it to.

This is excellent box, have to admit. XBMC is very responsive with Linux, alhtough I'm quite sure the Android performance would have be enough for me, but now I will probably never know.

sonicov:

Could you give us more detail on what exactly you have done here? Are you running MythTV on the Geniatech box now? If so, how did you add it to Linux? Did you use the distro from the top of this thread or compile your own?

What I would like is to have a Linux desktop on the Geniatech box so that I can add applications like FireFox. Yes, my atv520 with Linux/XBMC runs very smooth and I think FireFox would work well with it too. I started a thread exploring that possibility here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1593630

In the third post, someone demonstrates a Linux desktop on the Raspberry Pi and the installation of IceWeasel (a lean version of FireFox). That's what I want for the Geniatech box which are much more powerful.

Can you help with this?

tinker

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by tinker - 2014-01-13, 22:16
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5