[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-01-28, 06:31)AuXBoX Wrote: If you cannot boot your device into recovery mode or the led light stays red instead of going to green then you will need a serial cable.
I use usb TTL serial cable. As long as you use the sdcardmaker and the uboot_MX.bin from geniatech it will work. It took me a long time to find this out.

Thankfully, I didn't have to go that route! I could not revert to Geniatech Android though. I thought I'd bricked it but the Geniatech Linux/XBMC would successfully install with a bootable SD card.

I found the XDA Linux/Android ran very well, but the only real advantage was the 'suspend mode' tied to the power button.

I think the power button should just suspend the HDMI video so that an HDMI smart switch can revert to a TV satellite or cable box. When you hit the power button again, XBMC would be where you left it.

Both Linux/XBMC versions run much better than the Android versions I've tried. Thanks again for opening the door to these distributions with your clear instructions and help on this thread,

tinker

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by tinker - 2014-01-28, 11:02
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5