[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Folks:

Here's another Confluence mod based on the post above. This is an accessibility mod that I really needed because I don't have very good eyesight. But since, by the My Gica's very nature, most of us are watching our screens from further away, I thought others might find it handy.

What I did was to take the thumbnail focus image, the blue border that wraps around thumbnails everywhere, and altered it to be a lot more visible. I then replaced it for the original image.

Here's a screenshot of the end result:

Here's the altered .png file:

http://justatinker.com/XBMC/folder-focus.png (right-click (or equivalent) to download.))

I used Putty and the 'mv' command to insert the file where it belongs but you could just use the File Manager in XBMC if you like.

First, copy the folder-focus.png to an SD card or USD stick and insert it into the My Gica. Log in with Putty and type 'cd /' to get to the root directory. Then enter:

mv media/usb2/folder-focus.png root/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence-2.1.5/media/folder-focus.png

The 'usb#' may be different depending on where you put the .png file.

Now, everywhere in XBMC that has thumbnails will be highlighted as above, making it much easier to navigate.

It's just another simple mod that makes life easier (at least for me), but it shows the possibilities now that the skin is accessible in a writable area.

tinker

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by tinker - 2014-02-15, 21:45
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5