[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-03-05, 16:24)jjhtpc Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 05:59)tinker Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 03:18)jjhtpc Wrote: For all users using the Mele f10 pro with the geniatec v2 inux build I have found that on reboot sound tries to come through the built in speaker on the remote.

This is due to the asound.conf being installed with the card # instead of the named device.

To fix this change the asound.conf file in /etc to have the following:
pcm.!default { type hw card AMLDUMMYCODEC }
pcm.default.card AMLDUMMYCODEC

You may want to verify the card0 default name, but this is what worked for me.

I hope this helps.

jjhdpc:

That remote has a built in speaker?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Mele+f10+...8QeRwoCQBg

What is the built in speaker normally used for? What box are you using with what Linux/XBMC?

tinker

Yes there are 2 models of the remote the mele f10 and the mele f10 pro. The pro features the ability to toggle on or off the mouse and also has a speaker and microphone. (I think the idea for it was that it can be used for skype, of course it also has a headset plugin so you could watch tv and not disturb anyone else) The mele f10 is a great remote and gives you keyboard mouse and remote features all in one device.

I am using this on a MyGica ATV520. I was using the box as an xbmc android box, realized I used the android portion of it very little and the items I did use could also be accessed through xbmc(youtube), so I decided to cut over to the linux build and I am glad I did. The Linux build is night and day from the android build. It runs faster, I never see buffering in my mkv files on my smb and almost everything loads faster and works better. I also have on my main box a ceton infinitv4 (cable tv tuner) and I could not get the new server wmc to work properly on the android box as audio would always fall out of sync on 720p material. The Linux box allows me to have live tv without these same problems. My wife was never happy with the android box and no more than 3 days after cutting over to Linux she thinks the setup is now better than the WMC and Xbox extender configuration.

In case you don't know, you can't turn the mouse off on the F10 as well by quickly double tapping the mouse button ( opposite the power button)

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by fluxcapacitor - 2014-03-06, 21:22
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5