[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hello guys,

I am working on a project on a Geniatech ATV1220. Basically what I want to do is when I boot the device it should boot to a basic linux, where it just loads a browser in kiosk mode to display a predefined website, where text, static images and video can be displayed. It should implement node.js for some functionality as well.

Since there is a working XBMC Linux build for that device I think it should be possible and I should be able to use a lot of existing code to do it.

Can someone please push me in the right direction as of what I need to do to get this to work?

I have UART connection to the device and can use PuTTY to connect to it. I also played around with TFTP/NFS server to load images, so I know the basics.

I have used Buildroot before but I would need matching device/board files I think to build a matching filesystem.

If anyone can help me with this task, send me a private message. It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
egon

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by egonwilzer - 2014-04-04, 11:43
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5