[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-04-26, 19:30)prangija Wrote: tinker:

Thanks, it worked flawlessly. I just have one problem: I bought the "advanced" remote with my ATV1200, the one with keyboard on it. On XDA build some of the keys don't work (ex. lower volume button). I had the same issue on JynxBox version. On jynxbox I copied the remote.conf from first post of this thread via ssh to my ATV1200 and rebooted the device, but this didn't help. Do you have any suggestion on what to do to make all of the keys on my remote work on the XDA build? Just to mention, I don't have this issue on Geniatech XBMC build.
Thanks in advance.

Try this. If the Geniatech remote.conf worked, then copy it from the Geniatech .img or .zip file you used to install Geniatech with. The remote.conf is not in the read only .sqsh partition, but at it's usual spot in etc/xbmc. Compare the two files, but you can probably drop the Geniatech remote.conf file right into etc/xbmc and have it working with a reboot. If not, post the remote.conf here as 'code'.

Also, if you modify the etc/samba/smb.conf file like this:

Code:
[Root]
path = /
read only = no
public = yes
writable = yes
browseable = yes
force user = root
force group = root

...you will have full read/write control over the root file system. Files can be saved from 'notepad' on a Windows machine and copied or moved with Windows Explorer or Mac's Finder over the local network. It makes it easy to break things too, so beware!

The other samba folders defined in the XDA version are also read/write, so you have access and control of any USB sticks or SD card plugged into the ATV.

tinker

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by tinker - 2014-04-26, 21:37
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5