[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Thanks very much Biatsch for bringing croniccorey's excellent build to us Linux XBMC users. I have your first compile already running for a few days on my MyGica ATV1200 box and working great except of course the annoying lack of DTS/AC3 sound not being configurable at all. At least it runs nice and stable and seems fast too. Also running it with the Amber skin as well like I did with Frodo but of course I do not get all those nice configuration help texts like you do with the default Gotham Confluence skin.

Trouble is I have a really nice new Denon Home Theatre unit model AVR-X500 which is simply excellent quality sound. Trouble is with this new Gotham build I miss those movies I get on add-ons like IceFilms that have full DTS or AC3 5.1 surround sound so htis is important to me and many others I am sure. Yes I see on the XDA forum that croniccorey is working on a fix for this DTS and AC3 sound problem and I look forward immensely to that, what a hero he is. Mind you DTS and AC3 via HDMI were flawed on Frodo 12.4 also but fine on 12.3 build. Works okay using a Toslink Fibre Optic connection to my Denon suitably configured but this is not ideal as I do not get the same auto sensing on the Denon HT as I do with HDMI and I understand HDMI gives better overall audio quality too.

The other fix I really look forward to is so that the WiFi can be accessible with Gotham (and Frodo 12.4) for the ATV520 boxes too with the Broadcom WiFi chipset they have. On those boxes I set up for folk I have to stay with Frodo 12.3 with that wonderful fix copying the DialogAccessPoints.xml file over to the .XBMC area as this worked a treat with Frodo 12.3 and earlier editions, good find for the guy who found that and posted it (cannot remember his name nor find it right now). But that fix does not work with 12.4 and Gotham as they use this new WiFi Network Manager add-on which as we know is not compatible with Broadcom devices. Would be great if instead of this WiFI Netwrork Manager add-on included in new builds to instead incorporate this DialogAccessPoints.xml file copying fix as that seems to work for all the boxes through the normal old Internet Access set up page, Is there a reason why this is not possible as I think a much better solution as far as my limited knowledge.allows??

Now going to update to your latest complile with as you say some minor bug fixes. Many thanks for your great work, always willign to test if you need any help from time to time.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by raymw - 2014-05-24, 14:46
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5