[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
One other totally different problem if anyone knows an answer. My friend in the UK for the first time flashed an ATV1200 box with the Linux Frodo 12.4 Geniatech build and I talked him through it via Skype (as I live in Thailand). I got him to use the front power button rather than pulling out and pushing back in the power plug on the back to make it easier for him. This is what I do now with absolutely no problems. However he had 3 other ATV1200 boxes (Sumvision X2 units) to flash and he did those on his own and bricked all three!!!

After some detective work on my part I discovered that when he powered the boxes back on with the reset button held in with a toothpick and the correct SD bootcard inserted, he held the power button in instead of the usual momentary press and thus not as I had instructed. The result is as expected that it powered the box on and then very shortly after powered it back off again with the held in front power button !!!!!!!!!!! Since then all three boxes are unable to even read a bootable SD card no matter what build (tried Frodo 12.3, 12.4, and Gotham 13.0 as well as a revert to Android 4.1 SD card too) So it seems that this has corrupted the initial power on boot strap routine and now it will not even get to the stage where it looks for the SD card to boot from. The boxes now just do nothing but the LED lights come on and stay on with power connected of course.

Is there anything he can do to recover them ?? I have tried with him all the tricks I know, including leaving it powered on for 30 minutes to see if the recovery screen pops up but with no joy. Seems it is really bricked unless any one of you great guys here has an answer. Huh? Would maybe a Jynxbox build work as this overwrites the base name of the boxes ? Not tried that yet.

The message here is play it safe and use the power plug out and back in system when flashing the ATV1200 boxes rather than the front button which if accidentally held in on power up whilst flashing starts up it will cause you severe problems of course.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by raymw - 2014-06-01, 08:45
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5