[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Tinker, one major problem I find with the ATV520 with Linux Gotham builds (and for Frodo 12.4 too) is that they now use the WiFi Network Manager to enable switching on and off WiFi access and indeed that works brilliantly with the ATV1200 boxes, but this as you likely know is incompatible with the Broadcom WiFi system in the ATV 520 boxes. So with Frodo 12.3 or earlier versions, which of course are without the Network Manager already pre-installed, you can switch WiFI access and Wired on and off by using the excellent simple fix from Macbeth1975 on the xbmchub.com forum.

For those who do not know of this excellent fix for this long term WiFi access bug, then I repeat MacBeth1975's instructions below. It works with both the dual core ATV520 boxes and the old single core MyGica A11 / Sumvision Nano Slim+ boxes with any Linux Frodo version prior to 12.4. So just carry out the following easy task.

Using File Manager all you need do is to find the following small .xml file here:-
"/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogAccessPoints.xml"

and copy it to
"/root/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogAccessPoints.xml"

Many thanks indeed to Macbeth1975 for this wonderful much needed fix.

This will stick and not need repeating so just then reboot and go to your usual System/Settings/System/Internet Access screen and you will now find clicking on the top Network Connection option (probably currently says Wired) you will find the AccessPoints screen now comes up showing Wired and all other WiIF access points in range that it can see, So now that enables you to connect to you WiFi access point and put in your WiFi password etc, great news indeed. You can switch back to Wired or change Access points now any time you wish whereas before this was only available immediately after you first flashed your box to Linux XBMC

I wish they would use this fix with Frodo 12.4 and Gotham builds rather than this more limited Newtwork Manager option, as then it will work with all boxes even with Broadcom WiFi system installed. I am sure this could be compiled into the new builds and if I can learn how to compile will look into this.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by raymw - 2014-06-09, 10:52
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5